Chem Peel: Great First Step to Loving Your Skin - Baltimore, MD

I started feeling like I had a tired and older...

I started feeling like I had a tired and older look when I hit 35. I have freckles and they get worse with sun exposure. I went to a local "spa" and paid $140 for a mini dermabrasion and chem peel and honestly didn't notice much of a difference... my intentions where not to go back.

My neighbor happened to have a cousin who is a nurse by trade and also when to derm school. She offered a full microderm and peel with an after care kit for under $100. HUGE difference. I have reversed tons of sun damage and my skin is tighter and clearer.

If I have bouts with some slight acne this clears it up as well. I think it's a great regiment to get into. I go every 4 months or so, but if I had the cash I'd go every other. Try this before getting anything else "done" if you just need a light lift to the tone of your skin.

Hi Britt! It really doesn't hurt anymore than a mild sunburn when they are done. The downtime is usually just a few days..but really if you don't mind looking like you have a dry face and peeling a little you have no down time at all. I usually stay in for the first few days..because I feel like everyone is looking at me (I have been assured they are not)A good place will send you home with a kit to use on your face for 10 days. A cleanser, hydro cortisone cream, rebalancer, moisturizer etc. Follow the steps and in a week your skin will look so much nicer. Good luck!!

Hi Peace,

Yay, I'm glad that although the first time didn't work, you found someone who you trusted who was able to do a better job and you ended up happier. I always wonder how badly these hurt and the downtime, that part scares me the most, is it as bad as I'm imagining?

Thanks for the post,