Three weeks post op after breast reduction (lollipop) and lipo on adbdomen, and doing great!

I can't believe I'm having a reduction in 4 days!...

I can't believe I'm having a reduction in 4 days! I've been looking through this site for a while, but finally decided to share my own story. At my slimmest, 5'4" and 125lbs, I was a large C. After one kid, a very stressful work environment, and having a bit of a love affair with Nutella ;), I'm now 173 lbs. Wish I could lose more weight, but as I've been approved by insurance, I don't want to wait any longer.
Also, I'm having the lollipop procedure rather than the traditional anchor incisions. The difference is that there are no incisions under the breast, and the scars will be around the areola and a vertical line down the center under the areola. From what I gather, breasts end up rounder (less square) and this greatly reduces the risk of "bottoming out."
Wish me luck, I'll update before surgery.
Good luck! Tomorrow is your big day (or should I say, itty bitty day)! I'm about your size...I've gained and lost over the years but have been on an upward swing lately. However, this is partially due to back pain when exercising and partially due to the frustration that comes from the boobs never getting smaller when the rest of me does. argh. So, I'm awaiting word from insurance and then from the ps regarding scheduling. I asked him about the lollipop and he told me why he wanted to do the anchor, but now I can't remember what he said. Will have to ask again. I hope to be not too far behind you and will be following your progress. I know you'll look great! Please keep us posted on your progress, thoughts and feelings.
Haha, thanks! I like Itty Bitty Day! I understand the back pain and exercising. When I jog it's just ridiculous. Hope you hear back from insurance soon! Typically PS prefer the anchor surgery for reductions over two sizes. My surgeon actually almost exclusively does the lollipop version, and I'm hoping to drop 3-4 sizes. I'll let you know how it goes :) Thanks again!
Good Luck with your op! Im also having the lollipop procedure mid Sept and have chosen this for much the same reasons as you. I also think the recovery will be a little easier due to not having the horizontal scar etc. Im self-funding and considering lipo for underarm fat roll at the same time as my BR as some reviews say they wished they had it done and are now going for it. Do you know what size 36DDD is in UK and can I ask what type of bra you have bought for after the op? My surgeon just said sports bra but Im reading about special surgery bras which will probably be more comfortable.

Surgery is tomorrow! Nervous, excited, worried, eager...ugh!

Surgery is tomorrow, my appt is exactly 12 hours from now. It's hard to believe that in 24 hours I'll be back at home, taped up, hopefully sleeping. I'm also having lipo on my stomach but no tummy tuck. Just hope everything goes smoothly. I'm also trying not to EXPECT to be a certain size. Question for all you experts--did your size change and how much from post op to a month later, two months later? I still have 30 lbs to lose and am definitely motivated, but thinking it might end up making me a size smaller. I guess I have more questions than answers, and any advice would be sincerely appreciated. Thanks in advance and wish me luck!!!

A few final pre-op photos of me

in a 36 DDD, which is apparently too small, at least until tomorrow :)
Good luck today! I hope that you have a great surgery and recovery. Rest and as soon as you feel up to it let us know how you feel. I will be in your shoes shortly. My surgery is in two days! Yay!!!!
Thank you! Post-op now and feel much better standing than laying down the past 4 hours :) Good luck to you, too!
Good luck, remember a pillow for the seatbelt on the way home and prune juice to prevent constipation

Five hours post op, already happy I had the BR!

Just a quick note to say I made it through the surgery and am happy with the results :) The PS removed 1000 mg from each side! and 7lbs of fat when he did lipo on my belly. I'm totally swollen but here's a photo post-op. I'll get to see them tomorrow--that's when my follow up is.
Off to a vicodin induced sleep now.
WAY TO GO ! WELCOME to THE OTHER SIDE ! Make sure to really take it EASY and REALLY REST ! Happy Healing Vibes sent your way !
Thank you, Wendy1956. My husband comes by and firmly reminds me to get up and walk around every few hours, as well as drink plenty of water and prune juice. I'm a lucky gal :)
Congrats! I look forward to hearing about your recovery!

Not so much fun getting up or sitting down

But I'm pretty certain that's from the stomach lipo and the lipo under my arms. No drains, and I may get to shower today. Not feeling very chatty but just wanted to check in and share a few more photos. You ladies are awesome and I'm so glad I found this website xoxo
Wow! You look great! Not surprising that you are sore with that much removed! I hope it passes quickly
Thank you! I hope it passes quickly, too.
Congratulations! I am so happy for you. Wow you seem to be a trooper. I would probably be so whiny after surgery :-). I am new to this site and am in Maryland also. I am wanting to do the same thing and have no clue where to start. Having all kinds of neck and back pain. I see you said insurance finally approved it so I would like to pick your brain when you have a moment but get better first. No rush! They look great by the way. Kerry

Pucker yuck

Thanks to everyone who's taken the time to comment and for your kind words. Finally took a few photos without dressings or compression garment. There is foam on the sides and over my belly to help the lipo heal and stay smooth. As I had the lollipop vertical incision, the doctor said this is normal and will begin to subside in a few weeks, with much better smoothness in 3 months. I didn't have any drains, and they are still quite swollen.
The puckering will disappear!
Thanks, peediewife. Any idea how long until I see some improvement? I know I'm only 3 days post-op, but it's felt much longer.
Day by day and week by week! My guess is that by 6 weeks the puckering will be gone, don't lose heart, you are not seeing anything like the final result.

39 yrs old, BR and lipo on stomach area, and on the road to recovery

Just three days post op, but it's felt much longer, probably from being cooped up and not being allowed to shower until tomorrow. Haven't really had a full look at everything yet-I haven't seen my abdomen. But the pain seems to be slowly subsiding. I sometimes get spasms in my stomach--has that happened to anyone else from lipo there? And while I'm still sleeping a lot, I haven't had much pain in my breasts (at least for now :).
I am eager to shop for new clothes, get out of the house with 5 lbs less on my chest (yep, 2.5lb removed from each side!!!), I'm even excited to wash my hair. It feels like I'm moving at a shuffle, but at least I'm on the move.
Still look the same as yesterday, but here's a pic immediately pre-op.
Now - all you have to do is REST so you can really Heal ! It does seem like we are COOPED UP FOREVER ! LOL ! It will get better each and every Day - then Each Week - then Each Month !
So tough when I'm feeling so restless.

A little rant

Day 4-Today was definitely the most restless so far. But stayed in doors and took it easy. So so tired of this gross unisuit I'm wearing with this foam panel insert that makes me look larger in the gut than before surgery. And the achy abdomen that is a lovely shade of violet on one side and magenta on the other (lipo). Can anyone please remind me when they felt OK enough to go out to the mall and at least explore those cute clothes that large breasted women typically avoid? Or when it's OK to have a cocktail (only partially joking :).
I am at 12 days post op, and today I felt pretty go, and went clothes shopping. I tried going at 9 days post op, and regret it, I felt horrible when I got home. Just wait until you're closer to two weeks if you can
Ugh, thank you for the warning. I'll do my best to wait 2 weeks. Was it the pain, or the swelling/size stuff that made it tough after 9 days? Thanks!
It was a little of everything. I was sore, emotional, tired, and sitting in the car too long was too much. When I got home I took a Vicodin, showered, and had to ice pack my boobs. The day after was so much better.

Day 4 photos of the "gross foam-lined body suit" and the girls

Small photo update
I know you aren't feeling positive but I can already tell a significant difference in your shape from your photos! You're still swollen but I'm telling you that you are going to look and feel GREAT! Congrats! Just be patient.
Thank you so much, Southern Swingers. Yesterday was a tough day. Today I (finally) got out of the house and bought a cute stretchy dress and maxi skirt while my body de-swells :) I really appreciate your kind words--sometimes we are our own worst critics.
That's great, and yes, we are our own worst critics. In fact, I would suspect that all of us on here are so self conscious about our big breasts that we'll have to remember to give ourselves positive self-talk. :) You should post some pictures of you in the new clothes. I'm still thinking about some spare tire lipo but cost will be a factor. haven't talked to the ps about it yet.

Woot! Tried on the "ideal" bra for the surgeon (36 C) and it fit!

Here's a photo! Happy day 5 post-op. Back to telework tomorrow. Wish me luck!
Congratulations! Heal quickly!
Thanks, Janeeka!

Three weeks since surgery, doing great!

It's been a few weeks since I've updated, partly because I've gone back to work and been out and about with family since I'm feeling much less discomfort. I'm still swollen, my breasts and abdomen (where I had lipo) but it improves daily. I weight 185 right after surgery (173 before), and now I'm around 162 lbs (mostly due to reduced swelling). I haven't been below 170 in a few years, and am feeling energized and much more comfortable with myself. I'm also impatient to get back to the gym and lose the rest of the weight. My goal is 135-140, and I'm 5'4".
I've added some photos I took today. I had the lollipop procedure, and had 2.5 lbs from each breast removed (as well as 7 lbs of fat from my abdomen). All is healing well, but my left breast is leaking a small amount of white goo. Just saw the PS yesterday and he gave me some strong antibiotic cream, so hopefully that will do the trick. He was very happy with the results, and says I'll probably lose another breast size in the next few months, down to a large B :)
Hope all is well with all of you who also had August reductions. xoxo

3 Weeks Post Op

Hope all is well with all of you who also had August reductions. xoxo
lovely result
Thanks for the posts, CL245. You look great! I'll be right behind you. Two weeks from tomorrow is my big (to little) day!