Can't Find a Doctor - African American Nose Job - UK Girl - Baltimore, MD

I have been searching for months for a doctor...

I have been searching for months for a doctor specializing in african american rhinoplasty. I live in the UK but given the lack of Doctors who seem to specialize in this area here I am resigned to the fact I will likely have to travel to the U.S. to get the best care. My search however has not been going very well...

Firstly, I contacted Dr. Jeffrey S. Epstein. Although (from what I have seen) he does great work, his office applies some heavy pressure tactics to get your deposit including witholding information which would inform your decision at an early stage. They try to force you to go with them even if you just contact them to express an interest in obtaining general information about the procedure. For me personally this is completely unacceptable.

Next I contacted Dr. Lawrence A. Lefkoff. Although he likewise appears to be a talented surgeon I never received a reply from his office for weeks! I understand he is running a busy practice but 3-4 weeks is too long too not receive any form of email/acknowledgement from his secretary that my message had at least been received. This really put me off and made me a little anxious. The secretary did eventually reply but did not answer any of my questions. She just wrote sorry and said to phone her in the United States which is really expensive from across the pond! Needless to say this put me off them. I'd rather go to a slightly less busy practice with a more personalized approach.

Lastly I contacted Dr. Kofi Boahene. From what I have seen he does some truly incredible work on African American patients and I was really enthusiastic about his aesthetic which is basically natural and not overdone results. I was really keen to get a skype consultation with him to discuss the procedure further. I sent an email to express interest and although I did receive a personal response from Dr. Boahene requesting that I send some nose images, I never heard from the Doctor again after sending the images as he requested. Over 3 weeks later and I still have not heard from the doctor. Disappointing and discouraging to say the least...

Can anyone else tell me if they have had a similar experiences when trying to contact surgeons? Can anyone recommend a doctor who does great natural work but is not too big/popular that they can still have time to respond to patient enquiries and provide a kind and more personalized approach?

Thankyou and look forward to hearing from you.

dr boahene replied me quickly when i first consulted with him, which was 2 years ago. maybe it's rush time for most surgeons. be patient, and try to mail them again. calling the office is faster and it doesn't cost much.
I am also from the UK & want to do a Rhinoplasty end of dis year. It's depends where in the UK u are. But I contacted The Harley Medical Group & The Hospital Group. They are 2 big established Cosmetic Clinics that even treat Celebs. They replied to me instantly & they also send u a Brochure & send u e-mails of new treatments & discounts. I haven't had the consultation yet but they are very good & responsive so far.
Thanks for the tips and advice Shanny. I will definitely look into Harley Medical Group & The Hospital Group as well. Do you know if they have Doctors that specializes in African Rhinoplasty? Best of luck to you on your journey :)
I've got to say that I went to the HMG and they were useless. Their best rhinoplasty surgeon (Dr Riccardo Frati) had done *very* few african rhinoplasties and with me he only talked about my bridge which doesn't bother me. He definitely didn't have the subtlety to be able to do tip refinement. I had another appointment with Dr Solomos, who said straight up that he couldn't do it. I don't have a strange nose, fyi, just straightforwardly west African (flat, broad base, large nostrils)
@QueenBee, Oh no I was depending on dem. Did u try Hospital Group? There's others u can try.
Why IS IT SO DAMN HARD TO FIND A DOC DAT SPECIALISE IN BLACK RHINOPLASTY!
I know!! One exception Dr Batim Massi was really good - unfortunately wasn't for me but is definitely a talented surgeon with at least a bit of experience with african noses (& enough know-how to be able to say he couldn't give me what I wanted)! £200 consult to figure that out wasn't fun, though...
What Clinic is he from? £200 consult, aren't they always free?
He runs a private practice on Harley Street - google bm-plasticsurgery In my experience only the 'high street' chains offer free consultations. It costs to see specialists on either side of the pond. If you go for the surgery it's deducted, though.
Thanks QueenBeeBee
I am African n doing research too. Recently, I discovered Dr koffi boahene. He is very humble and talented. I had a skype and personal consultation. He always answers my emails. He and his staff are very nice people and he will not push you to have surgery with him if u don't want to. After tons of searches I finally found him as my surgeon. Try to contact him or his office again. Wish best
Hi there thanks for the reassurance and advice abour Dr. Boahene. I tried to contact him again as you suggested and it turns out it was a misunderstanding and he never received the images attached to my message. He has since replied and asked me to resend them. I still have a very good impression of him. I am waiting to see what he think's about my case and hopefully I will set up a skype consultation soon. He is still my number 1 choice and his results look amazing. Wish you all the best as well.
Tnx glad to hear that
Thanks for starting your story on RealSelf! I'm sorry you're having trouble getting the attention you need. What about pinging Dr. B. again? It might be worth it in case your email got lost or something. Please keep us posted on your search!
Thankyou for your support and advice which turned out to be correct! I contacted Dr. Boahene again and it turns out he never received the images attached to the message I sent him. There was a problem with the attachment I think. I am happy that he has replied. I'll let you know what happens :)