25 Year Old, Much-needed Breast Reduction - Baltimore, MD

I am considering a Breast Reduction in June. I am...

I am considering a Breast Reduction in June. I am currently a 42DDD and they are starting to wear me down. I literally went to 4 different stores to find the right size bra for me. I eventually gave up and started to order them online. I started getting scars on my shoulders from my bra cutting into my skin. At this point, my Physician thought it was time for a reduction. I put it off for too long!!! I am also having pain in my upper back with walking or standing for a long time. I decided to go with Dr. Brendan Collins at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore, MD. I am a bit nervous but enough is enough. It's definitely time!!!!
I go in Wednesday for mine! I wish you the best for your journey.
Thanks!!wishing you the best as well...Let me know how everything goes!! Please update
Hello. I just had my BR performed in the same Baltimore area as you three days ago (you can see my post) if you need a PS suggestion you should definitely consult with Dr. Michele Shermak there isn't an answer that she doesn't know when it comes to BRs and she is easy to speak with. Don't put it off because when you do finally get it done you'll wonder why you waited so long to do it. Trust me. Good luck and if you have any questions just post them, there are great resources on this website.

Before

Here's a pic of my breasts now! Praying for relief!
a breast reduction will really benefit you, go for it
Rooting for you sis!!!! You won't regret it!! :))
Awww thanks big sis!!

Consultation Done! Procedure scheduled!

I ended up changing my surgeon! Dr Ajay Kumar will be performing my procedure at St Agnes Hospital. Everyone else was booked up until fall. My consultation went well and I actually had to watch a video educating me about this procedure. Dr Kumar was really nice! Believe it or not the office scheduled my surgery for next Friday June 6th!!! I'm soooo nervous and scared! All of this week I'll be running around trying to get my pre-op and things I'll need to prepare!! My anxiety is at an all time high.. I just want to get through this lol! I'll keep you Posted!
I been going through the exact situation...I'm going to contact Dr kumar as we'll thank you for sharing...
How super duper EXCITING!!!!!??!! Are you staying in the hospital overnight or is it an out patient procedure? I read on this site that some women were using maxi pads over their incisions I didn't remember that so I ended up spending unnecessary money on surgical pads. If you decide to go the same route Walgreens is the place to go. Also, you'll need Aquaphor (or some sort of protective barrier moisturizer to put over the incisions). Wal-Mart has the best (in my humble opinion) bra ever, they have the eye and hook closures straight up the front. There are all kinds of other suggestions on here but don't go crazy buying stuff! Good luck and I'm extra happy for you!

Had to do another Preop/Bloodwork Done!

I'm just leaving my PCP's office for medical clearance! I can't believe it's finally happening and it's happening on Friday. I went to Labcorp to get my blood work done. I hate NEEDLES! The phlebotomist was fresh out of school. The poor girl was so nervous. She stuck me 3 times before another lady came in to assist. I am now on my way home to pay bills and spend time with my little girl!! As always, I'll keep you posted!

My Surgeon is Dr. Ajay Kumar not Dr. Collins

CORRECTION: My profile states that Dr. Brendan Collins is doing my procedure. He didn't have any time available until September. I didn't want to wait that long so I went with Dr. Kumar. Everyone speaks so highly of him, so I decided to schedule a consultation.
Good Luck on your Surgery ! We will all be here for you ! Let us know how it Goes !
Thank you!!
You will find GREAT RELIEF from Back Pain - Shoulder and Neck pain Too ! I have had Chronic Pain and Fibro since 1989 and ALL Of My Pain was gone the Day after surgery ! No More Migraines EVEN ! It has been GREAT ! I Hope you find the Same great Relief ! Read up on LOTS of People's Profiles and Reviews as there are GREAT GALS here with Great Advice !

Today is the day!!

Im up and on my way to the pharmacy to fill my pain medication. The hospital had to move my surgery down to 1130a. I am super nervous and super hungry lol! I just want to get this over with because I am terrified of anesthesia. TERRIFIED! Say a prayer for me guys!
Hope you won't need the pain meds for long, most people get more problems from taking them than from the BR, Drink lots of prune juice to prevent constipation. Good luck!
Good Luck!!! everything will be fine I'm scared of anesthesia too but well be alright :)
Sending my prayers and positive vibes!! Don't forget to pick up done extra pillows to help prop you up when you get home. Long live smaller boobs!!!

5 hours post op!

It's done I got through it!! Dr. Kumar and staff were great! I think I drank too much Coke after the procedure because I vomited when I got home. My stomach is a little upset. I ate noodles and were able to keep them down for now! Overall, I'm not in any pain thanks to my pain meds! Trust me ladies, this procedure was a easy. The only thing I hate is coming down from this anesthesia! I want to thank all of you for wishing me well and your prayers! Sorry if this post is all over place I'm still all drugged up lol!
good luck with your healing, only take the pain meds if you really need them
Good much with your healing and I sooo agree that was the roughest part getting the drugs out your body used to put you out Lol. Happy healing and I feel wonderful and I know you will continue to as well! Good luck!
Thanks good luck to you!!

48 hours post op!!

I feel great! I had to exchange my sports bra because I picked up the wrong size.. This procedure was soooo worth it! Today's the day I got a chance to see them! I'm in love!
They look awesome. How Much Did He remove?
Congrats!! You look great!!! I know it feels so much better! Take the pain meds if you need them; some people have higher thresholds of pain so listen to your body and no one else about taking your pain medication.
Yes Thank you!!! I feel great.

6 days post op/ post op appt

Hey!!! Today I went to see Dr. Kumar for my post op. I ended up getting a yeast infection from loads of antibiotics I've been on to prevent infection. Also, he said that he took about 2.5 lbs out of each breast! Woooooow! He also took the steri strips off and now my incision hurts like hell!!!! I was fine up until today lol! I'm glad he removed them because the collection of old blood, dirt, and other fluids were starting to make me itch under there. Tomorrow I'll post pics.
everything will settle down, all sounds OK, Look forward to seeing your pics
Congrats

Breasts without the steri strip/7 days post op

Without the strips my boobs look hideous lol! I want them to heal fast. And my tattoo is jacked up now! Have to visit the tattoo parlor soon
Yeah it is jacked up... Lol.. What did it say and how would you get that fixed? Maybe something up a little and a vine coming down. Idk...
I'm not tripping about that tattoo. I'll take care of it. Thanks
It was my ex-boyfriend's name. We were together for over 7 years. My mother told me I would regret it! Well now I can finally let go and cover it up! I have no choice now lol!
Brendan Collins, M.D

My consultation is May 28th at 9:45a.. I'll keep you posted!!!