25 Year Old, Much-needed Breast Reduction - Baltimore, MD

I am considering a Breast Reduction in June. I am...

I am considering a Breast Reduction in June. I am currently a 42DDD and they are starting to wear me down. I literally went to 4 different stores to find the right size bra for me. I eventually gave up and started to order them online. I started getting scars on my shoulders from my bra cutting into my skin. At this point, my Physician thought it was time for a reduction. I put it off for too long!!! I am also having pain in my upper back with walking or standing for a long time. I decided to go with Dr. Brendan Collins at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore, MD. I am a bit nervous but enough is enough. It's definitely time!!!!

Before

Here's a pic of my breasts now! Praying for relief!

Consultation Done! Procedure scheduled!

I ended up changing my surgeon! Dr Ajay Kumar will be performing my procedure at St Agnes Hospital. Everyone else was booked up until fall. My consultation went well and I actually had to watch a video educating me about this procedure. Dr Kumar was really nice! Believe it or not the office scheduled my surgery for next Friday June 6th!!! I'm soooo nervous and scared! All of this week I'll be running around trying to get my pre-op and things I'll need to prepare!! My anxiety is at an all time high.. I just want to get through this lol! I'll keep you Posted!

Had to do another Preop/Bloodwork Done!

I'm just leaving my PCP's office for medical clearance! I can't believe it's finally happening and it's happening on Friday. I went to Labcorp to get my blood work done. I hate NEEDLES! The phlebotomist was fresh out of school. The poor girl was so nervous. She stuck me 3 times before another lady came in to assist. I am now on my way home to pay bills and spend time with my little girl!! As always, I'll keep you posted!

My Surgeon is Dr. Ajay Kumar not Dr. Collins

CORRECTION: My profile states that Dr. Brendan Collins is doing my procedure. He didn't have any time available until September. I didn't want to wait that long so I went with Dr. Kumar. Everyone speaks so highly of him, so I decided to schedule a consultation.

Today is the day!!

Im up and on my way to the pharmacy to fill my pain medication. The hospital had to move my surgery down to 1130a. I am super nervous and super hungry lol! I just want to get this over with because I am terrified of anesthesia. TERRIFIED! Say a prayer for me guys!

5 hours post op!

It's done I got through it!! Dr. Kumar and staff were great! I think I drank too much Coke after the procedure because I vomited when I got home. My stomach is a little upset. I ate noodles and were able to keep them down for now! Overall, I'm not in any pain thanks to my pain meds! Trust me ladies, this procedure was a easy. The only thing I hate is coming down from this anesthesia! I want to thank all of you for wishing me well and your prayers! Sorry if this post is all over place I'm still all drugged up lol!

48 hours post op!!

I feel great! I had to exchange my sports bra because I picked up the wrong size.. This procedure was soooo worth it! Today's the day I got a chance to see them! I'm in love!

6 days post op/ post op appt

Hey!!! Today I went to see Dr. Kumar for my post op. I ended up getting a yeast infection from loads of antibiotics I've been on to prevent infection. Also, he said that he took about 2.5 lbs out of each breast! Woooooow! He also took the steri strips off and now my incision hurts like hell!!!! I was fine up until today lol! I'm glad he removed them because the collection of old blood, dirt, and other fluids were starting to make me itch under there. Tomorrow I'll post pics.

Breasts without the steri strip/7 days post op

Without the strips my boobs look hideous lol! I want them to heal fast. And my tattoo is jacked up now! Have to visit the tattoo parlor soon
Brendan Collins, M.D

My consultation is May 28th at 9:45a.. I'll keep you posted!!!

Yeah it is jacked up... Lol.. What did it say and how would you get that fixed? Maybe something up a little and a vine coming down. Idk...
I'm not tripping about that tattoo. I'll take care of it. Thanks
It was my ex-boyfriend's name. We were together for over 7 years. My mother told me I would regret it! Well now I can finally let go and cover it up! I have no choice now lol!
I have an ex's name in the same spot. Smh.... I won't be concerned if the surgery interfere with my tattoo either.
I know girl! You got nice girls now...
The funny this is my ex was there to support me, because we're still friends I mean he's the father of my daughter. He watched Dr Kumar put the markings over the tattoo area lol! He told the surgeon "No sir, you can't cut right there!" Dr Kumar looked at him like he was crazy!!!!
LOL!!! He was not with that. Too funny!!!
everything will settle down, all sounds OK, Look forward to seeing your pics
Congrats
They look awesome. How Much Did He remove?
Congrats!! You look great!!! I know it feels so much better! Take the pain meds if you need them; some people have higher thresholds of pain so listen to your body and no one else about taking your pain medication.
Yes Thank you!!! I feel great.
you look wonderful love what has happened to your tattoo!!!
I was looking at the same thing. I don't care if my tattoo is messed up I actually want it covered anyway.
I feel the same way!! I'm actually excited about a new tattoo!
It was nothing Dr. Kumar could do to save my tatt! I immediately got over it when I saw how beautiful my breasts look.
You're looking good. I can't wait to join everyone.
good luck with your healing, only take the pain meds if you really need them
Good much with your healing and I sooo agree that was the roughest part getting the drugs out your body used to put you out Lol. Happy healing and I feel wonderful and I know you will continue to as well! Good luck!
Thanks good luck to you!!
Congrats and praying for a smooth recovery. We are actually the same size. I'm scheduled for July 16th.
Thanks!! Good luck with yours. It's not bad at all!
Glad to hear everything went ok happy healing:)
Hope you won't need the pain meds for long, most people get more problems from taking them than from the BR, Drink lots of prune juice to prevent constipation. Good luck!