Exceeded Expectations! - Baltimore, MD

To feel better about myself. Been wanted to do...

To feel better about myself. Been wanted to do this surgery for many years. I finally found the surgeon for me. Very pleased with results.

I have been living with gynecomastia since puberty.  It caused me to avoid many activities that required me to remove my shirt (beach, pool, gym, etc.).  It also made shopping for clothes very difficult. I avoided tight fitting clothes, t-shirts and even thin golf shirts.  My wardrobe revolved around my gynecomcastia and dictated what I could or couldn’t wear.  It created a lot of stress since it would consume my thoughts for most of the day (everyday) for over 25 years.  I began researching gynecomastia surgery many years ago.  I researched all surgery techniques, thousand of reviews and even videos online of surgeries.

I scheduled my surgery for October 17, 2011.  It was performed at the new Northwest Hospital SurgiCenter in Baltimore, Maryland.  I was very impressed with the nurses, anesthesiologist and entire staff, all of whom have been working with Dr. Schuster for years.  They where very thorough and made me feel as comfortable as possible.  My surgery went so well.  I knew I was with the right surgeon, however, my results exceeded my expectations on every level.  He has perfected the “pull through surgical technique”, a procedure which is more difficult and requires exceptional experience.  I am now only 16 days post op and have very minimal bruising and swelling.  I absolutely love the results.  I never even required pain medication at all after the surgery.  This I know is a testament to Dr. Schuster’s incredible surgical abilities.  My confidence level and self-esteem are through the roof!  I have never felt better about myself.  My only regret is that I didn’t do this surgery earlier, however, time and research led me to this most incredible surgeon.

Welcome to RealSelf and thank you for posting your journey.  I am happy that you are now comfortable and feeling good about your appearance.  This will make a big difference for you in both your confidence level and happiness.  And let's not forget the clothes:)  Now you will be able to shop and wear all the clothing you have avoided for years.

All good things are worth waiting for and it sounds like time is what led you to your doctor.   Keep checking in with is and tell us how you are doing.  This review will be extremely helpful for other men having the same issues.  I am glad you are healing so quickly.

What type of restrictions are you on and for how long?

Baltimore Plastic Surgeon