Gastric Bypass Surgery: A Great Choice - Bakersfield, CA

I did it to gain back my health and life. I...

I did it to gain back my health and life. I started out at 461 pounds. Before the surgery, I took a nutrition class (a requirement) at Kaiser Permanente which lasted 3 months. I would recommend learning and or taking a nutrition class because, once you lose the weight, you want to keep it off. It was required that I lose weight prior to surgery (this reduces risk of complications); I lost 29 pounds before the surgery.

I've had no complications or side affects. I can eat most everything, but I eat very slow and a small amount.

Tracy- how's it going? Give us an update and an updated pic!

Wow Tracy, you're looking really good. You can definitely tell the difference. Great job and keep it up!

Hi Tracy,

Thanks for your review. You've done really well to lsoe the 29 pounds prior to surgery. I have also taken a nutrition class, prior to having my surgery in January. It is really helpful and teaches you a lot of things that you take for granted with food.

Please keep us updated on your progress and I can't wait to see those after pics!

Kirsty

DR. IRANI (of Bakersfield Surgical Associates)

Dr. Irani is a great surgeon. He not only did the Gastric Bypass, he also repaired a huge hernia I had. My surgery was an open-procedure (not lapriscopic) because he had to do a revision because I'd had the Stomach Stapeling back in 1989.