8 Yrs of Botox No Problem. New Dr. Eye Almost Closed! -Bakersfield, CA

I have a neurological condition called Hemi-...

I have a neurological condition called Hemi- Facial Spasm, it causes eye to spasm and is progressive to most of 1 side of the face with me left side. I have had the same neurologist for the last 8 yrs. But he is 260 miles round trip in L.A. He recommended a new Dr. With less experience, closer to home. I went to her

on 1/9/14. 3 days later my right eye (the good one) that she gave supposedly low c.c. dose maintainable injections to keep my face
somewhat symmetrical. Is now almost completely closed. I told her she was giving me too much needle in too long. Now I am legally blind in my good eye and nerves so bad that my bad left eye is starting to spasm from the stress. I look like i've had a stroke. She said well I asked for the symetry dose and she didn't want to give it to me. All she had to do is follow my origional Dr's records. Now I'm to blame. She doesn't want to see me and won't give me an E Mail address so I can at least send her a photo. She said print it out and mail it to her. A total lack of professional care and experience! I am devistated and don't even want to leave home! This may take 3 months to wear off. Guess I won't go back to her!

Day 9 follow up after high dose Botox

Sent the doctor follow up E Mails. Even with the other Dr's entire proceedure file she still blames me! Thank God I told herI csnt take injections in my eye lid which she didn't want to listen too but I insisted I cannot tolerate and have terrible eye burning and have to use ice packs for weeks. She still wanted to do it. I flat out said no! I should have walked out at that moment. Up to now I have been hiding this Doctors name. But I'm giving it now as she is not qualified to hive treatments to patients suffering from Hemingway Facial Spasm disease. Her name is Dr. Sirinan Tazen, Dept of Neurologist, Ming Ave. Bakersfield, CA. 93311 I am coming forward as I do not want any one to go through what she is putting me through! Right good eye almost completely closed and Left eye half closed on day 10 after full strength mistaken CC dose injections.

Day 10 photo update.

At this point legally blind. Totally stressed out. Dr. Still won't see me! Beware of this Doctor. She knows she did wrong. She obviously doesn't care has no conscience. Don't go to her if you have my disease.

1 month Post Treatment

Both Drooping eye lids slowly starting to improve. Still headaches, photo sensitivity, perifial vision and upper vision range problems. Equilibrium and brain fog continues slow improvement. The longest month of my life. Latest update mailed progression photos to Dr.TTaken along with notes. No response since her last guilt call almost two weeks ago. When she told me to tape my eyelids open or wear double eye patches dag total blindness nix the patches and tape out in public! She is a nut case! Suffering continues heading into 2nd month. OMG
Dr. Sirinan Tazen

Inexperienced, no re-visit to see damage, blames me the patient with 8 yrs experience of botox. No follow up, no emotion, no regrets sorry etc. Unprofessional should not be treating patients with botox for neurological disorders! She is very defensive, she will not accept any responsibility for her actions. She won't even see me. Clearly a case of guilt.

I'm sorry this happened to you, Mark. Hopefully the Botox will wear off soon. Bad things can happen in the medical field, but doctors need to learn to handle their mistakes in a way that doesn't just cause more grief. I hope this MD will use this experience to learn to treat people with more empathy.
I'm sorry this happened to you and hope you will feel better soon.
sorry it posted twice
Bless your heart Mark :( I would definitely try and see your original neurologist. Try and keep your spirits up.Im very glad you posted your story cause us readers need to know the good, bad, and the ugly about all cosmetic stuff. Your story can help a lot of folks :) Thank you for sharing :) and my fingers crossed it wares off soon
Thank you but if you read my original post. My neurological disease is called Hemingway Facial Spasm. I flew 3000 miles 12 years ago to the best now retired Neurologist Neurosurgeon. In the country. Dr. Peter Jenetta, Allegany General Hospital, Pittsburgh PA. Had all the testing and diagnosis was Hemingway Facial Spasm on left side of face. Micro Vascular Decompression (Brain Surgery) was not an option for me with my added Immune disease. So all my options were only Botox and Klonopin meds. But thank you I know my diagnosis. In my case.
Sorry can't see well that's Hemi Facial Spasm Disease. Smart phone keeps changing spelling.
My reply was to JRice....
Your neurological condition, the spasms, came from some other source. Botox is a bandaid...if it's Lyme or other parasites you have, they will ultimately make your condition worse and cause others...read the book "why can't I get better?" By dr Horowitz. Find your symptom on his matrix, get the appropriate tests done and find out WHY you have those spasms!!
Sorry, but you obviously don't know anything about Hemifacial Spasm NOR the role botox plays in it's treatment. So please show some respect to people who suffer from this condition and stop advertising abstruse medical theories and books. Geez.
Hi Marguerite91, I am confused with some of the order of these posts? I pray your statement is in support of my disease and is directed tob the above uninformed person named JRice. Is thankyou for your support.
Obviously I am in the wrong blog. I thought people were looking for answers to their issues. I don't know you or anything about you so I apologize for what was apparently an inappropriate comment I made, and for recommending a resource you have no interest in reading. My error, my apologies.
I accept. My disease has been fully diagnosed by some of the best neurosurgeons in the country. Just Google it and you will find this to be one of many movement disorders involving 7th nerve palsy deep in the brain stem maybe TIM for this site but you can also Google The main support site disease Benign Essential Blephforaspasms. This will enlighten you. I am interested in all sources that will enlighten a disease that I have been living and coping with for 13 years now.
Mark, I'm truly sorry that you struggle with this disorder. It states clearly in the descriptions of this neurological condition that it's causes are unknown. So is the case is with many neurological conditions with names...I understand it's a condition that needs treatment. But it's cause is still unknown, we all have genetic predispositions that are triggered by environmental factors...discovering the cause of your condition is possible because new research on the brain is bringing us some hope. I again encourage you, if you have the desire to find the cause and maybe, maybe a cure, research some of the work being done on Lyme disease patients. The book I referenced has the latest in this kind of research. I know many people for whom spasms were a symptom who were helped by finding the cause. Sorry of I came off like a know it all but I have 3 years of intensive experience in following this research and I believe it gives people with all kinds of neurological conditions great hope!!
Hi Mark, yes, my statement was directed to JRice and meant to support you. I suffer from Hemifascial Spasm aswell btw. I wish you all the best and hope you get better soon!
Thank you Marquette I support and send well wishes your way always.
Why are you so obsessed with Lyme Disease? Too many quacks are jumping on the Lyme Disease band wagon and often the diagnosis is bogus.
Great name and shame.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Every thing I said about this Dr's treatment and lack of follow up post care us the honest to God truth. I posted what the Boric neurologist community needs to know and beware of inexperienced young playing the blame game Doctor. If you remove my truths then you are encouraging this kind of absence of patient post care and I will leave your site forever please reread and reconsider!
Please don't remove his post!! Everyone has different reactions to Botox or any other medical procedure. The viewers of this website want to hear the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. It helps us make wise decisions on whether or not we want to take a chance on getting hurt by using Botox. It also proves that finding the right doctor to do Botox is very, very important, and that we all need to be careful and do our own research.
Thank you Lisa, I dont know what this web site is for anymore? Mayb they are not ffor honest free speech. Thought I found a sight that was for people who needed help and to be informed. There's a lot of inexperienced Doctors out there that are not qualified to administer this potentially dangerous drug only if injected wrongly. Makes me wonder who if funding this website I smell bias. Hmmmm guess I will move on. No free honest speech allowed here I guess! Best Wishes and luck to all you patients who are afraid and need a platform to discuss. Guess this isn't the one for open honest judgements. Good luck all!
Yes!! After reading your story, I decided not to get Botox for my frown lines between my eyebrows. I decided to do it the natural way. So sorry you had to suffer the consequences of seeing a bad Doctor. Good luck to you!
Hi Lisa, I have had Boots from my previous Dr. For 8 yrs. While there some minor problems. Nothing like I went through with this Neurologist. I can't say never get it for cosmetic reasons, but make sure you ask your Doctorclots of questions. If they give you attitude or wont answer move on to one your comfortable with. Thanks for all your kind support. Mark
Whoops Botox dang spell checker lol.