31 day Update pics. New Pics

Hi, I am new to this forum but I have been...

Hi, I am new to this forum but I have been checking it out for the last couple of weeks. I just had a TT on Friday the 7th. I did not have muscle repair; I did have a hernia repaired at the same time however. Kudos to all your ladies and your strength for having everything done. I am miserable in only what I had done. And I can't stress how much I hate these drains and this compression garment...when it is not hurting it is making me itch. I am hoping to get the drains out Tuesday when I go back to visit the doc.

So to try and make my history as brief as possible...Prior to having my son, who is now 17 I weighted about 135-140 (I was 22 years old). During my pregnancy I sprained my ankle and then a few weeks later cut the bottom of my foot open and basically spent over a month laying around absolutely doing nothing except packing on the pounds....by the time I had Shae, my son, I weighed in over 200lbs....and I am only 5' 2". After having him I got on the Phen-Fen train and I ended up losing over 70 lbs. and I subsequently lost all my breast tissue along with it and in 2000 had a breast augmentation. I had 480cc each side smooth round low profile. Was really the only choice back in those days. lol. Anyways over the last 12 years I have battled weight gain and again returned to almost 180lbs about 4 years ago. I found out that I was hypothyroid and started Synthroid...Got my thyroid under control and along with it I started a healthy eating plan and rigorous workout routine. I did the Insanity program two times in a row and then started running about 2 years ago and have been loving it ever since. Back in February of 2012 I got another breast augmentation by the same doc that did this tummy tuck. I got 750CC high profile allergan filled to 820. I am very happy with them...oddly enough they are larger than the last but I don't notice it. Anyways to try to pull this story together after all the abuse of the yo-yo dieting gain/lose weight by stomach was a saggy mess. The muscles underneath are tight but now at 41 there is not the elasticity to pull the skin back together. So that is why I chose the Tummy Tuck. Hopefully this is not too scattered and semi-understandable.

Anyways....Just wanted to say hello and thank you for allowing me to be a part of this.

Who else has a problem pooping? OMG....I am dying...

Who else has a problem pooping? OMG....I am dying. I am eating fiber, doing colace and still very very little. Any advice is super appreciated!!!

I swear I feel more swelled today that I did the...

I swear I feel more swelled today that I did the first couple of days. Is this normal? I still have my drains but their output is minimal now and I am not due to get them out til early next week. I have milked the lines so many times...they don't seem clogged. Anyone with same experience? I actually feel bigger than I did before surgery....I know that is ridiculous and I continue to tell my self have patience...it's just frustrating. and I HATE THESE DRAINS!!! UGH....they are irritating the hell out of my hoo-hoo!!!

Oh I so so hated that drain. I mean I understand...

Oh I so so hated that drain. I mean I understand what a good purpose it serves but I simply felt like I couldn't do anything with it. In fact, as I said early that I have had a hell of a time with constipation...well the day after the drain was removed...I pooped three times...Halleluia!!! Anyways I am adding a few update pics from two days ago. Today I went running for the first time since surgery and I am incredibly swelled up at this point now. Has anyone had this occurrance? Everything outside of the swelling seems to be going okay, i had a small part of sutures open which the doc said will heal from below...looks like that is happening. I don't think really anything else is new. Oh when I was running today I kept reaching down to feel my belly jiggling and there was no jiggling....I am sure i looked straight up crazy running down the street with an ear to ear grin and my hands on my belly.

So really my only issue the swelling. I had sex for the first time a few nights ago and several times since and I have also noticed that my muscles in my upper stomach feel kinda tight afterwards....that it takes a minute to stand up straight.. Otherwise I am good..

Pic update day 31. I'm actually 38 days now....

Pic update day 31.

I'm actually 38 days now. These are from last week. I have had some minor pain and swelling and spitting stitches otherwise everything seems good.
Dr. Farzin Kerendian

He is patient and thorough. This is actually my third surgery with him. In February he did a breast Augmentation, In July a crescent lift and now the tummy tuck. I LOVE him and his staff!!

Omg, Angela you look great! I just showed my friend your results...did Dr.K give you a discount with insurance ..my friend works for the county too. I hop he didnt charge you $8,000. She wants to book the surgery now..I told her to tell her Angela sent her...her name is Kristy Jarimmilo..so you get the credit..
You look amazing and it hasn't even been but 31 days WOW!!
Thank you so much!! I am a bit swelled right now. I am actually 39 days now.
You look amazing! What a transformation in such a short time...rock it!!
Thank you....I feel like a swelled up blimp right now. Strange how somedays I feel flat and others so round. I also had a hernia repair and my area above my belly button is hard and swollen. I'll be happy when that swelling goes bye bye! Thank you again though!!
You look great. I do have to ask as as fellow runner, how do you keep your breasts supported enough for a run? I too have breast augmentation (had mine done in 2000) and they are full C's and I have enough problems keeping my girls supported. I can't even imagine!
I wear enell sports bra. It is the best I've found. Has support banding that crisscross your back/shoulder blades and the front is all corset hooks. Check out www.enell.com. I actually bought mine on eBay for around $40. I love it!
There is also Danskin for a cheaper alternative. They have extra firm support. My boobs don't even move, & after I while if I'm not working out anymore I really have to take it off becuz they really do put the girls on lock down. Looking great Angela1566!
MM,...where to they sell those?
Oh...oops! Walmart believe it or not. They are like $12, make sure u look for extra form control & it comes in a racer back style.
You look great girl!!! Yes, you are gonna swell up like a water buffalo if you keep running. It is just too soon. I did the same exact thing when I got my final drain out almost 6 weeks post op. I had minimal swelling till I went to the gym 2 days in a row and jogged. The bodies lymphatic system which is responsible for pulling that fluid out of the body is still damaged. So that fluid just sits there. I wouldn't do any more cardio if I were you. If you you strap on your binder & park it for 2 days it will go away. Then try maybe walking really slow. But, even me at 11 weeks I still haven't tried cardio again and I have dropped all my weight. I'm gonna try this week tho and see what happens.
Oh yeah, the abs do get a little workout after sex. It's like doing little mini crunches, LOL!!
Okay....I will take it easy for a while...my belly looked like a fat tic about to pop last night before I went to bed. I have been wearing compression garments pretty much around the clock so I think that helped overnight with the swelling...it wasn't as bad this morning but still pretty swollen. Thanks for the advice! Have an awesome day!! =)
11 weeks before doing cardio? Most of the doctors have recommended 6 weeks. I guess it depends on the way your body recovers. If you had drains up to 6 weeks, then perhaps it is understandable. Sorry, Im dying to go back to the gym and it kills me to think I have to wait longer than 6 weeks :( I have been feeling fine since PO 10.
I had minimal swelling the entire time. They say you can return to "normal" activity....but that is an understatement. I only worked out twice, and that was the 1st time ever that I swelled. Go for it, but if u swell don't say I didn't warn you. Just know that if u do that is why & there is no need to fight ur body....that's all I'm saying.
What is a crescent lift?
When they remove skin above the nipple.
I had a terrible bout with constipation! Dr. said go to Walgreens and buy an OTC bottle of Magnesium Citrate - this was a freaking gift! I seriously thought I may die it was so bad, and then having lost my "push" made everything about a BM awful. I hated the drains too, wad so wonderful to have them out!
I didn't really START swelling until my third week, so I think it's normal to swell more later in the recovery. I wore my "ice belt" as often as possible and now I watch my diet (Nothing fried, no breads, drink green tea and citrius and LOTS of water daily). It's frustrating and annoying but I'm told it will eventually go away. Happy Healing! :)
Oh great! Swelling to look forward to in week three :( What about weighy gain? I weighed 110 the morning of my TT. The next day I was at 115. I haven't been brave enough to weigh again. Today is day 7 PO. How are you?
I am at 25 days post op and doing well - I am actually down 9 lbs from my surgery date. I get a little frustrated with how long the recovery process is, but I try to remember that it is just time and it will pass. Your gain is probably just swelling, I wouldn't mind it too much. I didn't weigh myself for the first time a week or so post op and I was down in weight by a few pounds. Just watch what you're eating since there is no exercising right now. (I use MyFitnessPal.com to count my calories to make sure I don't over do it)
PS: I drank a bottle of Milk of Magnesia to help with the bowl movements. I worked but it worked a little too well!
Hi Lady! I am doing pretty well. Still quite swelled. I'm hoping that I will be different and not swell later. Lol. Ha! Fat chance I'm sure! How are you feeling?
Lmao. I will take that into consideration. :)
My weight is down to108 now :) Friday will be 4 weeks post op. Only 3 pounds back to my pre TT weight. All has been uneventful with my recovery so far. My biggest complaints, aside from the swelling, is a constant pain right above my hip bone and a small knot above my BB. Have you had either of these problems? How are you feeling at 6+ weeks PO? I think my swelling has been worse the past few days than earlier in my recovery.