Be Patient! - Bakersfield, CA

I've had Belotero done 3x now to the under eye...

I've had Belotero done 3x now to the under eye area. The first time I was very freaked out about the "bubble" under my eye of apparent "fluid" that many have experienced. I went back 2 days later and had the injection to melt the filler. About a week later I was sorry I had melted it, but was too embarrassed to go back a third time to reinject!
The second time I rode out the swelling and was very pleased with the results! This time I bruised badly, but I also used everything I could to combat the swelling- ice, arnica gel & pellets, bromelin tabs, pineapple juice. The swelling is almost non-existent.
Bottom line, BE PATIENT and use LOTS of ice (plus other treatments as you desire) during the first 24-48 hours. Wait for at least 3 days before getting it dissolved. I've done juvederm and restalyne also and the swelling from Belotero seems worst, but it may be due to the superficial nature of the product combined with putting it in the very delicate under eye area.
Thank you for the encouraging words. I really needed to hear this and to be patient.Im 3 days out from tear trough and under eye injections and I'm swollen and have a pretty prominent bruise under one eye. I've been thinking "what did I do?" and feeling angry about all the money I paid for this. Feeling stupid because the money is a lot for me and thinking I wasted it because of my vanity. I'll try to have a better attitude. I feel hopeful now. Thanks so much for your review!

Thank you so much for sharing how you had it dissolved, then regretted that choice. Its good to hear that waiting out the swelling worked for you. That info will probably help others from dissolving too quickly.

How long did you wait between the first injections and your second round?

I think it was about 7 months before I went back for the second injections. This third round was about 6 months later.

Belotero Update

A couple things I noticed about Belotero in retrospect:
1. Belotero is hydrophilic so it will make puffy eyes appear worse. Ie- too much salt, too much partying.
2. Belotero is not supposed to have the blue tint that juvederm does, but I DID notice it as did a friend of mine. Subtle, but there.
Patience is a virtue! Great post. Is it just me or do there seem to be more negative than positive comments re/ Beltero? MD's seem to be the only one's giving positive comments. Please keep us posted on your progress. Eventually we may learn the truth about all fillers & be able to really take advantage of the positive effects w/ more confidence. Sad we can't always trust Dr's. I remember MD's touting fat injections for undereyes as a 'miracle' fix-all too.
Rejuvenique