Laser Genesis Experience - Part 1

Hi guys After a couple of years of looking...

Hi guys

After a couple of years of looking for the right procedure to get rid of my acne scarring (I was looking for the least invasive procedure as I would never go through CO2, considering the side effects and down time), I finally decided to go through Laser Genesis.

Firstly, I'll provide you of a background of my acne scarring. I had cystic acne (around 4 - 5 large sebaceous cyst appearing on my face in the same location) for a few years; I decided to take Accutane in 2000 and the problem disappeared. Unfortunately, my dermatologist made me do glycolic peels and a year hasn't elapsed since my Accutane usage, which left me with 5 - 6 small (not too deep, largest at 5 mm) boxcar scars and a lot of ice pick scarring, which look like large pores. This is only available on my cheek area.

I have fair skin and very dark hair. My plastic surgeon happens to have Nd:YAG laser genesis laser and the eMatrix RF. She recommended I do the genesis at biweekly intervals, with a diamond microdermabrasion session in between. She said I would need 4 - 6 sessions. I asked her why not a more invasive procedure; she said she is not a big fan of ablative resurfacing and that it damages the skin in the long run.

As part of a skin care regimen, she has given me the following:

* Restylane face wash, day cream (with SPF15) and night cream
* Bioscreen multivitamin emollient
* Hylauronic acid serum

Last Saturday, I did the procedure. The cleansed my face (with the Restylane face wash). I wore the protective goggles and went through the procedure. I did not feel anything; only when I felt being "burnt" I let the Doc know and she would move the laser to another location. The procedure lasted 10 minutes.

The nurse placed a mask on my face for 10 minutes. After washing it out, there was barely any reddness on my face (considering how sensitive and thin my skin is). I had a cyst on my cheek when I went through this procedure. It was quite large.

My face felt warm and tight. When I returned home, my sister asked me what did I do to remove all my pores! No side effects. No pigmentation. Nothing.

Its been a week since the procedure; I had excess redness, especially when going out in the hot weather or after a shower, but it decreased significantly. Furthermore, my pores still look smaller and my face is not as oily. The cyst also reduced and is almost gone.

The scars are still visible.

I will be doing microdermabrasion tomorrow and will let you know the outcome.

Yes, did you have any damage from this? Or good results? How does it look?
Update please. Have you noticed a considerable difference in your acne scars?

Hi nbastaki,

Wow, this sounds like you had the "dream" experience. I'm so happy for you. We'd love to see pictures.

Thanks and enjoy your week!

-Britt

My doctor answered all of my questions and was not intending on ripping me off by selling the most expensive laser. Her products are also relatively cheap.