Brachioplasty (Arm Lift) for Flabby Skin Following Weight Loss - Bahrain

I wanted to have more slender arms. All my life I...

I wanted to have more slender arms. All my life I have had big arms regardless of my weight...so, I wanted a more slender look, and wanted to get rid of flabby skin, from weight loss.

I am not happy with the incision location. It was my understanding that the incision would be going from the armpit area, and downward to my elbow. The scar is not where I thought it would be and it is clearly visible when my arms are to my side. Again, not at all what was discussed in the doctor's office. Now I have irreparable, permenant scars on the back of my arms and will not be able to wear all the clothes i was looking forward to wearing...I have a lot of swelling everywhere. The swelling will go down eventually in one or two weeks. I like the more slender appearance, but the scar is totally not where I thought it would be...

Brachioplasty

Brachioplasty

very disappointed.

I read a review from someone on here who also had a visible scar from the back and had a total revision to hid it...it can be done with a simple fix, if you are not happy with it I would find a new PS and have a revision, don't live with it! Also it is very common to need a revision when dealing with a arm lift. I am happy with mine but I also will need a little revision to fix a bunching at the bottom of my scars...no biggie
I've seen scars that look way worse than yours even with them being on the underside of the arm. True when i looked at your scar I was kind of shocked by it's placement. As i'm under the impression in should lay against the body when your arm is at your side. but your scarring seems pretty good to me. the best i've seen yet.
1) Who was your doctor and what city does he work out of? 2) What did he have to say after the surgery when you pointed out all the problems and how the scar is in a different place than he told you it would be? 3) Did you complain and ask for him to revise the surgery for free, and if so, what did he say? I would think if you have more fat that could be removed in a second revised surgery then that could allow the skin to be lose enough to be pulled over past the current scar site. So that the scar could be straightened and possibly moved more toward under your arm rather than where it is at the back of your arm where it is currently easy to be seen.
hiii... your scar is not bad at all! I agree the location is not what's expected but I'm sure you can have it revised. Good Luck!
Still disappointed. I have bumps all along my sutures, and a very large endentation on one of the arms. The scares are extremely asymetrical. I think someone else other than the doctor I chose performed the surgery or someone else might have been there 'to train'. Can a doctor do this without consent?
Can my bad brachioplasty be fixed or improved?