Bad Rhino - Do Not Recommend the Procedure

I do not recommend a rhino. There have been...

I do not recommend a rhino. There have been no pros whatsoever.  I did it because I had a dorsal hump and wanted the tip refined.  We discussed what I wanted and went over photos.

I now have a nose that is crooked, overresected and tipped up, nothing like I asked for.   It does not fit my face or personality at all.   After closer look at photos of his work....all his noses look the same.

The surgeon admits he is not capable of correcting it and will cost me more than I have to get it corrected elsewhere.    It is overdone and will need to be rebuilt but he took out so much septum, I've been told I'll need rib to rebuild it.

If you are ready to deal with that .....I hope you feel lucky.

Dr. Lawrence Cervino

Please be sure that you have a clear understanding of what the physicians capabilities and get in writing what will transpire if there is dissatisfaction. physician that does exclusively rhinos or facial plastic surgery. I am stuck with an overresected, tipped up, crooked nose with and admission that the surgeon is incapable of correcting the situation and refusal to help me find assistance and refusal to refund money. I am too ashamed to put a photo on the internet.

I am looking into this place for nose surgery. There are two other doctors who work in this practice. I would like to hear the doctors perspective on the outcome to give this a balanced/fair judgment. Working in the medical field there are as bad patients as there can be doctors so it is important to hear both parties before declaring someone unfit for their job. And not having photos to look at before after does not credit your experience.
I do have photos before and after but am still so many years later too embarrassed to post. It is a struggle every day to look at myself. I have been to more than a half dozen doctors since the initial procedure and each has said they would not touch me to try to correct as there was nothing left to work with. All I can say is I wish I never did the procedure. I ended up with a nose that looks ridiculous in addition to the fact that it constantly runs (that can be common), there at times is a horrible smell which can be so bad I get nauseous I have lost all self confidence and spend most of my sitting at home when I used to be a vibrant outgoing person. If you feel lucky and want to chance a good result then by all means move forward. But be prepared for complications which in many instances cannot be corrected and if another physician wants to try will cost you at least double what you originally pay. I have been going to counseling since this has happened but that will never change what I look like and have to look at every day for the rest of my life. If I had it to do over....I would not. I'd give anything to have my dorsal hump back.
Wow that sounds awful. This is the side of plastic surgery we don't get to hear much of, as if it is candy coated and things will always work out. This is why I am nervous. The doctor I am looking into isn't the one you mentioned. The thing is for me, how you are now is how I am and have been. I've always been shy ad had no self esteem so this feels like something I've been wanting to do and I know there are risks along with money I don't have but will need to borrow. I'm leaning towards chancing it though just because I'm tired of being so withdrawn.
Let me just say this. I thought what could go wrong? Well everything went wrong. I was very outgoing and just wanted a tweak and not only my nose but my smile is damaged a well. They don't tell you that is a possibility. I would give anything to have my old nose back along with my smile. My life was truly changed and not for the better. Rhino is a not an easy procedure at all! Doctors talk like there is nothing to worry about but there is plenty. And then add septo, it creates even more challenges. Your nose is not who you are. I'm sure you are a wonderful person. I now spend a LOT of time looking at noses and wish I had what I thought to be a defective nose. So many people have strange looking noses and it is what is inside that counts. I wish I had my odd nose back. I'm lost without it The doctor shortened it....did not want that. He scooped it so it was turned up...I did not want that and my nostrils are so uneven it is ridiculous There are averages for angles of the nose. The tip of my nose is now about 1/4", yes a full 1/4" higher than what is should be to be average. I will pray that you find the courage to accept who you are. I'm sure you are a fine looking person and a great person on the inside. Any surgery is risky and I wish I had not taken the risk. There is more than 25% chance that this will not turn out well and I'm guessing it is more than that with all the comments on line these days of people unhappy with their result. I would not wish my result on anyone and yes, I have to live with this the rest of my life. I've made mistakes in my life but this was by far the worst!!!!!! I hope you don't but if you do this, find a doctor who if a septoplasty is done that they save the cartalidge. There is a way to maintain it in the surgery. I did not know that until after. This doctor just threw away the piece of my body that could have helped me in a subsequent surgery. If another surgery is needed at least they have something to work with to correct it. And something else.....if you feel bad now and if this does not go well what would you do. I read where many with a poor result consider suicide. It can be that devastating. At least now you know what you are dealing with. Try counseling first.... Best wishes.
Hi cathy i have the same problem i had surgery three weeks ago and i look very strange looking i wish i had left my original nose. I have a consultation with my surgeon 21st August but am very concerned with him reconstruting it i actually hate what i look like and like yourself would not recommend it. Sorry to hear your dreadful results
Hi LJ, Provider information appears above the review. You must be signed in to your RealSelf account to view.
Hi Cathy! I'm sorry to hear of your ordeal. Who performed your surgery? Are you looking for or have you chosen a different surgeon (if you're going to have a revision that is?) I'm from Cincinnati and had the same thing happen to me. I'm looking for someone to correct it, but not sure where to begin.
Sorry...just so saw this. Dr Lawrence Cervino. I have been to more than a half dozen doctors to include one in Cinci and none will touch the mess that I was left with to try and correct.