Perma Lip Need Advice Please!! What Size Should I Do? =AZ

I'm not sure what size to choose for Perma-Lip.....

I'm not sure what size to choose for Perma-Lip...
I was thinking the medium or large, i haven't seen anyone with small or med pics on this site. I have seen a lot of people wish they had the large, or took the med out and had it replaced with the large. Not sure my lips could handle the large size. Any comments or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

before Juviderm (lips)

PS didn't recommend for me

After meeting with my PS he didn't think it would be a good fit for me, bottom lip would be fine but didn't feel the top lip would look right. :-( so back to Juviderm, until something else comes out on the market. Thank you everyone for your input :-)

I would get a second opinion from another plastic surgeon on the perma-lips. I can't imagine getting shots of dermal fillers in my lips every few months, and the constant inflation/deflation. But that's just me. I saw someone once who got the largest diameter of perma-lip and they looked "off" - rather duck-like. So I wouldn't just say go for the largest diameter unless your ps recommends it.
Thank u for the suggestion. I'll let u know how my second opinion goes. I'm not looking to make lips look huge just fuller so I won't have to do the injections anymore. It may be a while I'm having some fun surgerys in a few days and won't be able to do too much.
Best of luck on your upcoming surgery, and when you're ready to get a 2nd opinion on the permalips, good luck with this too. I'm very happy with my permalip implants, and I was so hesitant to get them. The idea of an implant in my upper and lower lips was unimaginable. If you decide to check into them further and have the ability to travel, I would suggest getting them done in Dallas. There are a team of plastic surgeons there that are definitely the most experienced and knowledgeable about permalip.
i initially suggested to you going for the 5mm but i now think you should do the 4mm. i went with the 5 and now im swapping it for the 3. i just updated my own post...let us know how it goes :)
After meeting with my PS he didn't think it would be a good fit for me, bottom lip would be fine but didn't feel the top lip would look right. :-( so back to Juviderm for now until something else comes out on the market
why did he think even the small 3mm size would not look right?
He has put a lot in and taken a lot out. He felt My top lip wouldn't look natural. So I'm trusting his advice
go large...the med only show on some one with no lips !!!!I had to redo mine to large and now I love them
I have large on my bottom and med on top
Your lips look great!! Thank you for letting me know your sizes. I go in on Feb 14 then surgery either 21 or 28 I'm soooo excited!!!
do you have a "before" pic you can email me???
I just had my done today by a fabulous doctor here in Palm Harbor, Florida! So I was very nervous right before the surgery that I should go medium instead of large, meaning go with the 4 and not the 5. But I am so glad I went with the 5 on top and I did a 3 on bottom. My top lip was always thinner than my bottom but never this thin....aging sucks!! But I love it and it's only been a few hours and I hardly have any major swelling. I imagine tm morning I'll look like i went a few rounds with Mike Tyson! Here was my logic: most women are happy with the 5 and many actually wish they could go bigger. Since so few complained about the largest one I suggest go BIG! You can always swap it should you hate it. Wow, no more stupid wasteful injections....this is a little slice of heaven on earth
Thank you for your suggestions, you did bring up a great point.... I haven't heard anyone complain about the large size being too big (wish they had a photo program that could show the different sizes on my lips) ... swapping them out??? Gosh i hope not. I'd just be happy not to have injections anymore ... they don't seem to last and very expensive.
I love my perma-lips! Went with the medium diameter implants. The length is long because my lips are long (apparently). I followed the recommendation of my plastic surgeon. Actually, I wanted the small diameter but they said the results wouldn't be that noticeable given the amount of lip tissue I have. I'm glad I took their advice. They size is perfect! Looks natural.
You look amazing!!! Thank you for sharing your experience with me!! Hope mine turn out as good as yours did!!!
Ooh, I love the juvederm affect! I can understand why you'd want something more permanent. Have you read this review? It's pretty interesting and you might want to reach out to the member who posted it for her feedback.

Please keep us posted on what you decide to do. Very exciting!