Turning Back the Clock - Aventura, FL

Hi Tummy tuck sisters, l have three children...

Hi Tummy tuck sisters, l have three children 16-10-7, wonderfull husband, God Bless me with a wonderfull family, l struggle with weight since 2002 because of my hypothyroidism, Ovarian Cyst and Hormonal imbalance, the day of the sugery l weight 200 lbs and my waist 44, whaooo, well now l weight 183lbs and my waist 36 still dieting but slowly but surely l will reach my goal of 150Lbs. I choose Dr. Salama wonderfull doctor and person, my surgery was on march 05, 2013, no lipo because he removed to much belly, let me tell you that l got a super easy revovery, no pain at all. My advise for all of you is after surgery no fast food ,caffeine, sodas remember that we have to heal from outside first them inside, used compression gartment for two months all time this avoid liquid retention, hematomas and seromas, never wash your bb and wound with any chemicals just sea salt water and keep it covered with polysporin and medipore tape at all time, after a month l start using bio-oil in my scar. ohh do not forget your vitamins specially vitamin C and MSM works wonders in the healing process. I am very happy, planning a liposuction next year to finish my makeover l want to thanks to my husband, my mom, my bestfriend for their support and special thanks to all my realself sisters you girls are fighters. God Bless You all.
I will keep you update.

Give Thanks

Thank you Father for being with us in all our joys and sorrows, for your comfort in our sadness, your companionship in our loneliness. Thank you for yesterday, today, tomorrow, Thank you father for our home and family and friends.
Thank you for our health, Home and work, Please send help to those who are hungry, alone, sick and suffering, open our hearts to your love, bless us all.
Amen

look what l found

Hi TT sisters cleaning my laptop l found a uggly before pictures and l decide to make a before and after comparicion to share with you.

Auchh, it hurt to cough :-(

I have the cold and last nite l was coughing like crazy, l swell and sore, l imaging after 6 months l will have no pain at all, even when l sneeze still hurts is the MR, the Dr Told me that my Muscles separation was about ten inches, sisters be patience this surgery is not joke.

About menstrual periods. :-(

What Dr have to said.
"Your menstrual cycle can be out off balance by the combination of anesthesia and narcotic pain medications
The "stress" of surgery often causes premature, delay, shortened or prolonged menstrual period.
Tampon or pads uses is perfectly fine just remember to wash your hands before you touch your incision or drain site.
An Abdominoplasty is performed to put together the separated 6 pack Rectus muscles, tighten loose tummy muscles, narrow the waist and remove loose tummy skin. All of these goals are met equally well in menstruating women and I have not yet seen any difference in results between those women who were not menstruating at the time of the surgery as compared to those who began their period during surgery."
As you see is no reason to worry about it, sisters put a pad and keep the healing process going, lol
Best wishes in this holidays to all.

A little info about Caffeine:-)

After surgery, you process and absorb things different you should also be wary and use caffeine in moderation because interferes with the absorption of nutrients.
Caffeine may further decrease calcium absorption, and also decrease iron absorption. Plan your caffeine and food intake carefully, remember that the Caffeine belongs to a family of drugs that are heart and muscle stimulants and diuretics, Dehydration is commonly seen after surgeries. Obese patients require greater amounts of fluid to maintain normal fluid balance. Caffeine causes increased urine output, which can increase the risk for dehydration, particularly during rapid weight loss. Caffeine should only be added when adequate hydration is achieved and there are no symptoms of nausea.

Feliz Navidad!

Merry Christmas to all my Realself siters, wish you the best this new 2014, that all your dreams come true one by one , wish in you that this new year will be a new you, strong, beautifull and sexy. lol
The most important lesson that l learned this year is to be perseverance and patience and to believe that God have a purpose for you no matter what, also I've learned that all a person has in life a dream and a Realself friends, you girls are treasured more than anything else in the world, you are our support, you gives us courage to go take decisions and go thru any kind a surgery, be there from day one to the finals, share the dreams that came true, happy hollidays enjoy your family, l thanks the Lord to put this website on my way to meat beautifull people like you. Salud in your name and God Bless you all of you. :-)

At 7 months and still swell. :-(

Hello again, no a lot of changes, l think my hormones are crazy have a lot of mood swing but l tired to take hormones treatment, too much facial hair, l think one day l will grow up two balls, lol
Latetly l have a lot of swelling from one day to another my husband said is because l do not sit down for a minute and went shopping and my boys did the Christmas tree, my daughter did the decoration l was amazed that they did it right with out me, it feels weir after that we play a little shutting ball, is a weir feeling swe you blow like a air ballon and feeling it, compression gartment time, l will post a picture of the one l using, hoping you girls are doing better. Kisses

forget my picture, lol

"SCARRING AFTER SURGICAL PROCEDURE"

(part1)
They are different factor in how the scar will look like:
Your Age:
As we age, our skin becomes less elastic and becomes thinner. This is because collagen (which makes the skin elastic) changes as we age, and the fat layer under our skin becomes thinner. The result of these changes, along with sun exposure, smoking, exposure to the environment and other lifestyle issues, means that skin does not heal as well or as quickly as we age. The benefit to age is that the imperfections that occur over time, like sun damage, work to help conceal scars that might be more obvious on younger skin but If your parents or siblings tend to scar heavily, you are likely to do the same.
Size & Depth of Your Incision:
A large incision is much more likely to leave a scar than a small incision. The deeper and longer the incision, the longer the healing process will take and the greater the opportunity for scarring. A larger incision may be exposed to more stress as you move, which can cause slower healing.

How Quickly Your Skin Heals:
You may be one of the genetically blessed people who seem to heal magically, quickly and easily with minimal scarring, or you may be diabetic and your skin tends to heal slowly. How quickly you heal is a personal thing and can change with illness or injury.
Preventing scars means focusing on the factors that you can control. Some ways are simple, like following the instructions your surgeon gives you to the letter. Others are not so easy, like quitting smoking.

Smoking & Drinking:
Not only does smoking increase your risk for scars, it can also slow your healing. Smoking is such a significant risk factor that many plastic surgeons will not operate on a patient if he does not quit smoking COMPLETELY for at least 2 weeks prior to surgery also dinking Alcohol dehydrates both the body and skin, which decreases your overall state of health. While your wound is healing, avoid alcohol and focus on non-caffeinated beverages.

Nutrition:
Eat a balanced diet with an emphasis on protein intake. Protein makes up the building blocks of healing skin, so it is essential to provide your body with adequate protein (chicken, pork, fish, seafood, beef, dairy products) to allow your skin to heal. If you do not like eating meat, soy products provide an excellent alternative as a lean protein source.
Keep your body hydrated in severe cases, this can cause electrolyte imbalances and heart issues. In less severe cases, you will feel thirsty and your overall health will be diminished. Staying well hydrated.

Your Weight:
If you are overweight, you may be at greater risk for scarring. Why? The fat under your skin can work against your surgeons best efforts to close your incision seamlessly.
If your doctor suggests that you rest for two weeks, don’t go back to work after one week of healing. Exhausting yourself will not help your wound heal and can actually slow healing, always follow the steps recommended by your surgeon may be the single most important thing you can do to prevent scars. Taking measures to prevent infection, refraining from using ointments and remedies that are not prescribed, and other general incision care techniques are essential to healing without scars, is very important that you can identify the signs of infection and seek help from your physician immediately. An infection can seriously impair healing and can contribute to scarrin, also
Putting stress on your incision by lifting, bending or doing anything that stretches or puts tension on the incision should be avoided. This stress can pull the incision apart, delaying healing and often making the wound larger than it needs to be, which increases the size of your scar.

Exposure to Sunlight:
Avoid having the sun on your incision whenever possible. If your scar is in place that is difficult to cover, such as your face, invest in a good sunscreen. Your surgeon can tell you when it is safe to apply ointments, but it is usually safe to do so when the sutures are removed or the incision has closed completely.

"WOUND & SCAR TREATMENTS"

(Part2)
Treatments:
Silicone wound dressings and Silicone gels are best for after surgery scar care. Studies have shown that silicone can help reduce scarring and is commonly used after plastic surgery. Discuss Silicone dressings  Silicone gels with your surgeon. Doctors highly recommends, Bio-Corenum, Bio-Oil, Mederma, Vitamin C & E, Kelocote and more for after surgery on the incisions, also Dermabrasion or Microdermabrasion, Chemical Peels, Laser or Light Treatments but If you are prone to forming keloid scars, talk to your surgeon about having a steroid injection to prevent the formation of another keloid.

Incision Placement:
In some surgeries, the placement of the incision is not absolute. You may be able to talk to your surgeon about where the incision is placed to either hide or help minimize scars. For example, Face Lift/Neck lift incisions are placed behind and inside the ear when possible, tummy tuck incisions may be disguised by a bikini.

Massage:
More doctors are recommending that patients massage their scars. This should be done after the wound closes and any staples or sutures are removed. Massaging an incision and the surrounding tissue may even out any bumps or lumps that remain after the healing process.

Merry Christmas to all

God bless you all in this christmas Wish in you fast recovery, health, money, friends and a very good surgeon.
Feliz navidad :-)

still here!!!:-)

Hi TT Sister, no much to said, lam doing fine, my belly still num it feels so weir but is normal, still at 180lbs, my thyroids and Hormones are crazy, my hair again is falling and ones in while my depression is kicking, but l pray to our father for healing miracle, and l know he will, l around reading your reviews and welcome to the new addictions to RealSelf sister, lam happy for all of you, thank yoy for your kinds words and support to this long healing process.
Still saving for my lyposculture (sorry about my typos). Lol, God bless you all

l just want to share this with you.

look what l found while cleaning!!

Following abdominoplastic plastic surgery you should be in bed with the head of the bed and multiple pillows under your slightly bend knees, this is important because keeping your torso elevated help spand your lungs decreasing long fluid accumulation. This possition also relax the skin on your belly wich was stretched during the wound closure and that position also relaxed tension on the wound and provide better blood flow for a fast healing, during the fist five days you should not be walking around for a long period of time or trying to be a superhero, because too much motion can cause the skin layer to slide agains the muscles layer and make it longer for those two tissue knit toguether that is why we form a Seroma or Hematoma.
Some doctors recomment a compression garment to dismiss and prevent fluid accumulation and swelling the recommended that YouTube you keep you garment on inmediately after the surgery until 3 months after surgery for better results following with a lymphatic drain massage once or twice a week to prevent liquid build up, after six days following your surgery the muscles layer is beginning to knit agains the skin layer now
starts moving more little by little around the house the purpose is to get your muscle moving again and spand your lungs more and prevent a blood clots in the calves, remember do not over due it. Another thing is do not lift anything heavy, do not push or tried to strech your upper body do not add any type of tension or your wound will separate and opens, swelling is normal and can last until a year, just be patience.
At about four weeks you are getting on the road to recovery, still do not lift nothing over 5 pounds, you can start drive only if necessary because any sudden turn or slamming on breaks can damage your muscles, during this time you may feel a hardness along your wound, do not panic it is call a healing ridge and is the collagen you body lays down to knit the wound toguether and will disappear over the time and you will get better and better.
Star using scar therapy and massage the wound twice a day to promote blood circulation, in the following months you still have some swelling here and there, you will love your new body profile and the chance should be obvious, remember that everybody body are unique give time to heal.

Still around :-)

Hi my TT sister sorry that l did not update but is no much to say, weight is the same, scar fading nicely, feel sexier , l have l think my last follow up, dr. Salama is very happy with me and how good l look, he is a sunshine, what l loved from him is his love for his patients, he make me go to the office after surgery every week, then every fifteenth days and still he wants to see me for my year post, he is ontop of his patients, l was so glad to meet my RS sister Futurebod, PussNBoots and the canadian girl (sorry baby l dnt remember your realself name). Thank you, thank you for your prayers, your nice and sweet comments, it mean A LOT, Besos .

From the bottom of my heart

Depression after tummy tuck! part1

Post Tummy Tuck surgery depression is normal, You may subconsciously have expected to feel and look better "instantly," even though you rationally understand that this will not be the case. You also went from feeling well right before your surgery to having swelling and pain afterward, is very common to question our decision during the first few days after surgery.
Depression also result from the after effects of anesthesia that bring out our "sensitive sides" and makes many emotions feel stronger, medications, postsurgical traumatic stress syndrome, constipation from the medications, But then the bandages come off and, instead of wonderfulness, you are bruised, swollen, uncomfortable, and have a big, red scar! And you can't even stand up straight! You feel like crud and maybe you can't sleep through the night really well. You start thinking, "What have I done to myself?" The adrenaline rush is over and you are just plain down, remember You're not crazy, you're just going through a low period. It should subside, be paiente. God Bless you

Depressionn part 2!

Your Emotions After Abdominoplasty Surgery Feelings of sadness after plastic surgery are normal part of healing and recovering from your tummy tuck surgery, feelings of sadness do not happen to all people, but that it may happen to you or me. We need to be patient and think positively. Positive thinking promotes better healing and better relaxation, you have to give time to the healing period before you pass judgment on how you look.
Symptoms of tummy tuck depression are
sore,
bloated
bored
anxious
restless
unable to sleep at times
During healing your abdomen may:
be asymmetrical
be lopsided
be swollen
be bruised
be tender to the touch
be firm or hard
break out with acne
experience irritation from the tape or anesthetic have a tingling sensation be numb, also changes or flaws that I may see in the mirror may not be visible to others because your innet you is the worst critic. Please try to realize that once you heal changes can be seen with the help of before-and-after photos and you will like the end result many months from now, after you are fully healed.
I hope this will help you to change the way you think and feel about yohr dedision, happy healing to all my TT sisters. :-)

New Me :-)

Hi RS sisters I'm very happy because finally I have my liposculture and everything turn out great, l also did a mini BBL, no pain really no pain, Iam taking my antibiotics, muscle relaxer pills.
My butt feel heavy and because was a mini l did not need drains, yupiiiii
I did my liposcultute and BBL in Vanidades with Dr. Bass he is very patiente and listen to me and my concern, my surgeon dr. Bass took the time to explain what he will do with my precious body. Lol
Thank you for stopping by and read my story

more fotos

"Knowledge is power"

"Why hair Falling after surgery"
The general anesthesia used during surgery can put the body into shock causing stress which becomes cumulative with the stress already resulting from anticipating and undergoing surgical procedures.
 “Systemic anesthesia has a profound effect on the body. As you would expect, it pushes the individual into a state of unconsciousness and relaxes muscles. Anesthesia also affects hair follicles. Hair follicles contain cells that are some of the fastest dividing and developing cells of the body. They have to divide fast to maintain the growth of hair fiber. Anesthesia blocks this rapid cell division. While the application of anesthesia to an individual may only be for a few hours, the hair follicles may be affected to such a degree that they shut down hair fiber production and enter a telogen resting state.
 “major surgery is an extreme physical shock to the body. Therefore after surgery your body is struggling to repair itself. Most nutrients are diverted to repairing essential organs and reorganizing the structural integrity of the body. Hair follicles are not vitally important for survival so they often lose out as nutrients are diverted elsewhere. Without a good supply of nutrients the hair follicles slow down or even stop activity completely and progressive hair loss noticeable up to three months after the surgery has taken place.”Hair

photos for my RS sister

swell, swell and more swell

Hi sisters, my body is swell, is like dejavou, lol, feeling good, nothing hurts, if l gave to do it all over l will do it without thinking, can see my figure early in the morning after that is swell, but l love it.

still here :-)

Hi, RealSelf sister, everything is healing well, swell a lot bug l can handle it, l been in that road with my tummy tuck, still not looking myself really good until a couple of more months, my best friend said that l look reallyyyy good, l dont trust her even went l was fat she said l looked good, well lam happy with my little butt, here is some pictures, let know what you think, my silhouette is getting in sbape nicely, but l cant not stand the foam and either the board :-), l will comeback in a couple of months to update, have a happy healling to all of you and God bless you all.

Still Around: -)

Hi, Realself sisters still around, just too lazy to update and this cellphone is a pain in the butt, well lam almost a year of my Tummy Tuck, and a one month post Vaser Lypo and mini-bbl, Iam very happy with Dr. Bass at vanidades cosmetic center, he defined my body really good, now my measures are Bust-44,,Waist-30,,Hips-45, l can not believe it, l keep my faja on at all times, exect for shoeer and sex, but the other day l got desperate and sleep without it, l dont going to lied to you it felt soooo good, l can not wait until faja time is over, meanwhile l have to mold my body for at least 6 month, thanks for passing by and check on me God Bless you all.

photos

Sorry l try to upload pictures but nothing, this cellphone is acting crazy, let try it again.

Happy 1 year after Tummy Tuck

Happy tummy tuck to me, yes my RealSelf sisters and brothers, today lam one year that l took the desicion that change my life 360grades, thank you to my mom, my husband, my best friend and her husband, oh yes he was the one who gives the last push, lol, he told me forget about everithing and do it, if your do it or not bills and problems stll going to be there, lam soo happy not regret it a bit, l will keep see you guys getting better, dont give up your dreams, and akways be around because you was very important in my healing process. THANK YOU, l will update agaim soon with pictures. Muahh

Never give up!

Still around!!:-)

Hi, congratulations and best of luck to the new Realself sisters, well with me things still the same happy happy with my new me, enjoying every inch of my new sexy plus body, lol, the swell vomes and goes still in the back where l have most of the lypo done, planning more lipo for next year God willing, scar is healing and fading little by little, my husband and my daughter wants me to do a tattoo and a belly ring, come on at 40, lmao, l will keep you update if any changes from now best wishes and happy healing to all of you. Muahh

Hola :-)

Hi, sisters how are you, things are the same with me, enjoying my new body and get use to size 10/12 after been size between 16 and 20, l still struggling to loose those extra 20 pounds, any ideas or suggestions let me know, thank you for passing by, God Bless you all.

Happy, Hapy :-)

Hola, my Realself sisters still around and feeling sexier than ever, my belly still flat and it loose a little it is complete normal due to normal elasticity, I have some sensation when my husband kiss my belly, LOl sorry for too much info, it tickles. well I have no regrets about it at all, thinking about more back lipo and a full BBL, still have to convince my husband he is against it, because he said I look hot and sexy, I will like to thank you for all your support and encourage words before my surgery, during recovery and now, I will stick around supporting you, and if you girls need any advise don't hesitate to email me or just ask, lam here for you the same way you was for me.

Good to know

Drenage or Drains are after surgery to allow the Serum or fluid that your body produces after surgeries to come out, preventing you from developing a pocket of fluid called a seroma. Seromas can get infected and also slow down the healing process. The more liposuction that you have done in any one area and the more fat that is removed from one area, the more likely you are to develop a seroma. If you have a little fat removed, you probably don't need drains. Drains are not used for bleeding, they are used for serum or fluid collection for a fast recovery.

Hola

Hi sister, how are you, welcome to the flat side to the new ones that had surgery, wishing you happy healing, remember this is not a race it take times to heal, about me I feel great, like new, my husband is looking for his old wife but she is nowhere to be found, lol, feel great, thinking about breast lift and augmentation finally he said yes to a size D or Big C, let see and he have to see yes because he is the one will paid for it and enjoy them, jajaja.
My body look very natural, nice shape everybody said I don't look fake, I know I ask myself how people look fake, well, still eating healthy me and my husband he lost about 50lbs already, oh boy we are honeymooners after 13 years still like the first time we meet. I will be around checking on you and giving you my support the same way you did to me, I will thank you for the rest of my life for all the support and kinds words during and after my surgery, and you know anything I can help you let me know. I will see you around. God Bless you all.

Happy Holidays

Hello my friends, happy holidays, God be with you and your families, well lam the same I have not lost or gain any weight, :-( , but still very happy with my decision and if I have to do it all over again I would do it gladly ten times more, my husband, my best friend and you were very supportive during this process, for now I have no plans to make me any other cosmetic procedure,
But who knows since I'm very impulsive with a husband who never tell me not, Just to see me smile, lol, well my dears have merry merry Christmas and a very prosperous 2015, l will stick around following you and be there for all of you, Gob Bless you all. Muahhhhh

:-) Thank you/Gracias

THANK YOU for all my RealSelf Sisters and Brothers for been there, you are a GREAT support.
GRACIAS....MUAHHHHH
Miami Plastic Surgeon

After visiting a lot of cosmetic surgeon, l choose Dr. Salama he is a professional, spend time with you, explain the pros and cons of the surgery, he give you advise in what is the best for you, definitely not a money hungry man, Thanks Dr. And his staff.