8 days away :) part 1 see part 2 for updates - team salama

Hello ladies, After wanting to have this...

Hello ladies,

After wanting to have this procedure for almost 2 years I finally decided to book the bbl. I research a lot of doctors but I am convinced that dr. Salama is one of the best, my surgery is schedule for December 3rd besides the bbl I will also have my chin and arms done :) I'm so excited.

I need a favor to ask of you I need a list of the must have supplies for the surgery

Well ladies today I made my appointment for my EKG...

Well ladies today I made my appointment for my EKG and pre op lab work for November 9th I can not wait for my surgery I was very excited because my insurance will cover my lab work and EKG I was expecting to pay for them out of pocket but a little savings won't hurt me at all.

I am 5'5 and about 165lbs no hips and little booty lol :) after I had my son I was not able to lose the baby weight my question to all my bbl sisters is should I loose some weight before or after surgery? I want to make sure I have enough fat for my new booty but I also don't want to loos volume or my new butt if I do it after the bbl what should I do?

I have added some wish pics as soon as I gather...

I have added some wish pics as soon as I gather the courage to upload my own pics I will post them I hope dr. Salama gives me the smallest waist he can give me and I big butt I am hopping for 1200cc or more go big or go home lol :)
Both the Dr. S's told me not to lose weight, to even gain some. I am 5'5 and 175. I have large breast, no hips and some ass.
Thanks MsCheshirekitty I was researching a lot last night and I have decided to keep all my fat lol for now :) when is your surgery?
Good choice :-) my surgery is 30 oct. I have before pics in my review.

Hello ladies, I need your help and opinion...

Hello ladies,

I need your help and opinion now my hubby is not so sure if I should have the bbl because he thinks that my butt will be hard permanently. I have tried to explain that that will not be the case but can I have some of the ladies that gave gone trough the bbl give me some input in this matter. Do the butt are have some movement:) lol and how long after the surgery will it soften up?

Thanks for your help ;)

Hello Ladies, i just want to post a little of...

hello Ladies,

i just want to post a little of information of the possible complications of Liposuction i know we all hope the best and that we dont have to go trough any of this but its good to keep in mind all of the other factors :) i dont want to scare anybody i just want all the information out i will be having mine soon and i pray that i dont have to experince any of this

What are the Risks or Complications?
Risks
Most patients are pleased with the outcome of their liposuction surgery. However, like any other medical procedure, there are risks involved. That's why it is important for you to understand the limitations and possible complications of liposuction surgery. Before you have liposuction, you should be aware of these risks and should weigh the risks and benefits based on your own personal value system. Try to avoid being influenced by friends that have had the procedure or doctors encouraging you to do so. Decide for yourself whether you are willing to take the risks involved in liposuction.

Take your time deciding if you are willing to accept the risks inherent in liposuction. Because it is usually a cosmetic procedure, and not medically necessary, there is no reason to rush. Gather as much information as you can so that you make an informed decision about whether liposuction is right for you. Don't believe that complications "only happen to other people." It is important for you to understand what the risks are and decide if you are willing to accept the possibility that it might happen to you.

Complications
Infections. Infections may happen after any surgery and may occur after liposuction. Some physicians prescribe an antibiotic to all patients undergoing liposuction but other physicians do not. It is important to keep the wound(s) clean but even if you do, infections may sometimes occur from the surgery. Sometimes, infections may be serious or life threatening such as in cases of necrotizing fasciitis (bacteria eat away at the tissue) or with toxic shock syndrome, a serious, sometimes fatal infection caused by a bacteria, that is associated with surgery (you may have heard of toxic shock syndrome occurring in women using tampons, also).

Embolism. Embolism may occur when fat is loosened and enters the blood through blood vessels ruptured (broken) during liposuction. Pieces of fat get trapped in the blood vessels, gather in the lungs, or travel to the brain. The signs of pulmonary emboli (fat clots in the lungs) may be shortness of breath or difficulty breathing. If you have the signs or symptoms of fat emboli after liposuction, it is important for you to seek emergency medical care at once. Fat emboli may cause permanent disability or, in some cases, be fatal.

Visceral Perforations (puncture wounds in the organs). During liposuction, the physician is unable to see where the canula or probe is. It is possible to puncture or damage internal organs during liposuction. This may happen, for instance, if the intestines are punctured during abdominal liposuction. When organs are damaged, surgery may be required to repair them. Visceral perforations may also be fatal.
Seroma. After liposuction, there may be a pooling of serum, the straw colored liquid from your blood, in areas where tissue has been removed.

Nerve Compression and Changes in Sensation. You may experience "paresthesias" which is an altered sensation at the site of the liposuction. This may either be in the form of an increased sensitivity (pain) in the area, or the loss of any feeling (numbness) in the area. If these changes in sensation persist for a long period of time (weeks or months) you should inform your physician. In some cases, these changes in sensation may be permanent.
Swelling. Swelling or edema may occur after liposuction. In some cases, swelling may persist for weeks or months after liposuction.

Skin Necrosis (skin death). The skin above the liposuction site may become necrotic or "die." When this happens, skin may change color and be sloughed (fall) off. Large areas of skin necrosis may become infected with bacteria or microorganisms.
Burns. During ultrasound assisted liposuction, the ultrasound probe may become very hot and can cause burns.
Fluid Imbalance. Fat tissue, which contains a lot of liquid, is removed during liposuction. Also, physicians may inject large amounts of fluids during liposuction. This may result in a fluid imbalance. While you are in the physician's office, surgical center or hospital, the staff will be watching you for signs of fluid imbalance. However, this may happen after you go home and can result in serious conditions such as heart problems, excess fluid collecting in the lungs, or kidney problems as your kidneys try to maintain fluid balance.

Toxicity from Anesthesia. Lidocaine, a drug that numbs the skin, is frequently used as a local anesthetic during liposuction. You may have had a similar drug, novocaine, to numb your mouth at the dentist. Large volumes of liquid with lidocaine may be injected during liposuction. This may result in very high doses of lidocaine. The signs of this are lightheadedness, restlessness, drowsiness, tinnitis (a ringing in the ears), slurred speech, metallic taste in the mouth, numbness of the lips and tongue, shivering, muscle twitching and convulsions. Lidocaine toxicity may cause the heart to stop. Of course, this can be fatal. In general, any type of anesthesia may cause complications and is always considered a risk during any surgery.
Fatalities Related to Liposuction. There are numerous reports of deaths related to the liposuction procedure. Although it is difficult to be sure how often death from liposuction happens, there are several studies that estimate how often patients undergoing liposuction die during the procedure or as a result of it. None of the studies is perfect so the results are just estimates.
Some of the studies indicate that the risk of death due to liposuction is as low as 3 deaths for every 100,000 liposuction operations performed. However, other studies indicate that the risk of death is between 20 and 100 deaths per 100,000 liposuction procedures. One study suggests that the death rate is higher in liposuction surgeries in which other surgical procedures are also performed at the same time. In order to understand the size of the risk, one paper compares the deaths from liposuction to that for deaths from car accidents (16 per 100,000). It is important to remember that liposuction is a surgical procedure and that there may be serious complications, including death.

Here is some information and treatment for...

here is some information and treatment for Seroma's

What is a seroma?
A seroma is an accumulation of fluid in a tissue or organ that can occur after surgery, or sometimes after an injury such as blunt trauma. The fluid, called serum, leaks out of nearby damaged blood and lymphatic vessels. Cells are typically present in the fluid, which is normally clear.

Seromas can occur after a number of different types of surgeries, especially those that are extensive or involve significant tissue disruption. These include hernia repairs, significant plastic surgeries such as breast augmentation or reconstruction, abdominoplasties (tummy tucks), and surgeries performed for breast cancer. Seroma formation may be associated with an increased risk of infection and breakdown of the surgical site.

Surgical drain tubes with bulb suction devices are used after some surgeries to help reduce the risk of seroma formation. These allow for monitoring the volume of fluid leakage, and once drainage becomes minimal, the drains are removed. Seromas can form shortly after surgery if drains are not used, and they may also occur after removal of a drain.

Small seromas often resolve on their own, although left untreated, they can calcify, forming hard knots. Larger seromas often require aspiration (removal of fluid), generally accomplished with a needle. Seromas that become infected may require antibiotic therapy and, on rare occasions, surgery may be necessary to treat a seroma.

Seromas can interfere with healing of a surgical site and may require drainage if they are large. An infected seroma can develop into an abscess, indicating the presence of serious infection. Seek immediate medical care (call 911) if you, or someone you are with, have symptoms that suggest serious infection is present, such as pus draining from the surgical site, high fever (higher than 101 degrees Fahrenheit), severe pain, rapid heart rate (tachycardia), or if the surgical wound opens up significantly.

Seek prompt medical care if you notice a lump near the surgical site, if fluid starts to drain from the surgical site, if there is redness, warmth or swelling, or if the site feels tender. Also seek prompt medical care if you have a seroma that is being monitored and you notice an increase in its size, or if fluid drainage, redness, warmth, swelling or tenderness develop at the site.

SYMPTOMS
What are the symptoms of a seroma?
Symptoms of a seroma include swelling at or near a surgical site and leakage of clear fluid through the incision. The area may or may not be painful. If infection develops, additional symptoms can include leakage of pus, redness, warmth or swelling, tenderness, or fever and chills.... Read more about seroma symptoms

CAUSES
What causes a seroma?
Seromas develop as a result of damage to blood and lymphatic vessels that occurs during surgery or as the result of an injury. Fluid and cells from the damaged vessels leak into the tissues and form a soft fluid collection. Seromas are most common after extensive surgeries or those that involve disruption of a large amount of tissue, including surgeries performed for breast cancer, extensive reconstructive or plastic surgeries such as breast augmentation and abdominoplasties (tummy tucks), and hernia repairs.... Read more about seroma causes

TREATMENTS
How is a seroma treated?
Small seromas may not require any treatment as they often resolve on their own. Larger seromas often require aspiration (removal of fluid), which is usually done with a needle. Sometimes multiple aspirations are required, or a drain may be placed until fluid stops accumulating. Seromas that become infected may require antibiotic therapy and, although rarely, surgery may be required to treat a seroma.... Read more about seroma treatments

Another common side effect or risk/complication of...

Another common side effect or risk/complication of Liposuction is Fat Necrosis here is some info as well

Fat Necrosis

Definition: Fat necrosis is a form of necrosis (premature death of cells) characterized by the action upon fat by digestive enzymes.

Fat necrosis is a benign (non-cancerous) condition in which damaged and disintegrating fatty tissues form round, firm lumps in the breast tissue. [1] The lumps are usually painless and the skin around the lump may look red, bruised or dimpled.

Pathophysiology
In fat necrosis the enzyme lipase releases fatty acids from the storage form of fat (triglycerides.) The fatty acids released then complex with calcium to form soaps that are white, chalky deposits seen on radiological studies. The exact pathogenesis of subcutaneous fat necrosis is somewhat unknown, but it is postulated that cold or stress-induced injury to immature fat results in the development of solidification and necrosis.

Treatment
These lumps are not malignant and there is no reason to believe that they increase a woman's risk of cancer.

Surgical excision is the definite treatment, but it is not mandatory. If you are symptomatic (the mass is painful) resection of the area is possible. Full resection of a mass may leave some shape deformity of the area, depending on the size. A partial surgical resection can be done, but usually there will still be a hard or painful area that may continue to be uncomfortable.

Other treatment techniques (such as an attempt to dissolve and break up the fat with ultrasonic liposuction) will probably not work.

Treatment for breast fat necrosis symptoms (including pain or hard lumps) may include:

Apply warm compresses for 20-30 minutes, every 4 hours.
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications (such as Advil) for pain
Narcotic pain medication (for much more severe pain)

Hello BBL sisters, For a all the ones that...

Hello BBL sisters,

For a all the ones that have been asking what procedures I will be having her it is

BBL / aggressive lipo of stomach/abdominal area ,flanks, lower back, bra line area
arms
chin

I will post pictures and measurements soon I promise so you lady’s can examine and give me your opinions after surgery

Here are the pics I am 4 weeks away from my new...

Here are the pics I am 4 weeks away from my new body :) it took a lot from me to upload this pics :)

Here is a list of things to pack thanks to...

Here is a list of things to pack thanks to foreverbooty and other BBL sisters for this. You will also find some answer to many questions we all have at one point :)

SLOPPY COPY OF CHECKLIST AND TIPS
Tylenol pm
Arnica massage gel
Pill organizer
Sunglasses
Hat
Suction hooks- for drains
Sugar scrub (sugar and olive oil) for pre sx shower
Antibacterial Body wash
Pads- period and or compression to vajajay fo swelling
Long loofah
Sponge
Wet wipes
Gauze
Nonstick medical tape
Vitamin e tablets to open and put on scars
Tj max shopping bag for groceries
Magic bullet blender - for fruit/protein smoothies
Bleach spray - for cleaning
Robe
Step stool- to get into bed if high
Lymphatic massages
Buy a second garment ( with zippers) to wear while washing dirty garment
For yeast and diarrhea -cranberry juice, yogurt, acidophilus pills
Benadryl- for itches
Yeast infection pill script
Crackers and ginger ale for nauseau, and crackers for after sx
Razors to shave
Shave gel (bikini shave aswell)
Female urinal
Thin smooth fitted t-shirts- wear beneath garment and protect shoulders
Maxi dresses
Arnica tablets and gel
Purex washer sheets- to wash dirty garment
Hanes Concealing Petals strapless bra washer
Me derma and Cocoa butter- scars

Bootiebooty78
some more items yo list of essentials that I forgot;
*Peroxide
*alcohol pads ( I used to clean area on thigh before I do my shot)
*cotton swabs/ q tips ( to clean around incision sites)
* gauze & medical tape ( to redress drain tube)
*empty Gatorade bottle ( to put used syringes in, you don't want to just throw them in garbage as
someone could get poked by one
Small step stool ( to help get up in the bed, especially if your inner thighs were lipo'd)
*dish detergent to clean whatever dishes you have
* Tupperware bowl ( to make salads in or just eat out of)
*dish cloth or brush
* knife for food
A big pair of panties should Aunt Flo arrive ( your old ones may be too small)
*shaker cup (for protein shakes)
*dryer sheets

Arnica tablets and gel- Arnicare by a company called Boiron. I bought it from Amazon.com I bought Hylands arnica Montana tablets which might explain why I bruised so little. I started taking them two days before sx. Tablets were 30x strength and I paid around $8 for 250 tablets. They dissolve under your tongue and taste sweet. You take four tabs four times a day. I think they helped a lot.

-Pack light. You should be able to fit everything in a carry-on bag. Why pay to check it in & why wait for it to come off the cart to pick it up?
-Dont bother packing underwear or bras. You wont wear these for a couple months, especially while you are in Florida.
-Dresses, Dresses, Dresses. Long Dresses. The easiest & most comfortable.
-Leave room for your garment to take home.
-Dont bother packing any pajamas. You will most likely sleep in just your garment unless you like to be really warm when you sleep. But some nights you will get out of bed up to 10 times to pee. You wont want to undress yourself everytime for this. If you wear pajamas, I recommend dresses.
-Pack comfortable slip on shoes. Just one pair should be just fine.
This time, I drank ice water and ate a popscicle before I got in the shower so I wouldn't feel faint, and I didn't.

You will be fine just set everything up in your room close to your bed prior to the surgery so that you can reach it.

1. pee pee cup

OTC Prescription
Themometer
Mild stool Softemers
silicone sheeting Cimeosil, Kelocote, steri-strips, Retin A, Mederma
Moist Towelettes, make up remover towelettes
topical arnica (not to be placed on suture line)
Oral Vitamin C
support garments
OTC muscle relaxer
hot water bottles/heating pads for the back
hand moisturizer
boxes of Kleenex

Lots of fluffy pillows
old towels to avoid stained linen from the tumescent fluid, Betadine or blood
Camera for pictures
RealSelf blog to write down experiences
support garment(s)
bucket or pail with lid (for nausea)
PJ's, robe, or oversized, comfortable shirts that buttons in front
pair of slippers (or several pair of thick socks)
hand mirror

Pill cutter
hat
sunglasses
wrap around dresses-easy access
Clean fitted t shirt for under garment

FOODS

bags of peas, berries or whatever is applicable (frozen)- for swelling
Ritz cracker, Vanilla Waffers, Cheeze-it or goldfish cracker (no Garlic flavored)
bottled water, electrolytes or enery drinks ( ask doc if that's ok)
Frozen dinners
Rotisserie chicken

TIPS AND REMINDERS

**Try to have at least 1 lymphatic Massage before surgery

**Take a Percocet n food 1 hour before garment change, 1st pre op visit
The bottle says take every 4-6 hours but I called nomie and she said I could take 1 every 2 hours, or 2 pills every 6 hours. I just stuck to the 1 pill every 2-3 hours

**Wear Loose maxi dress to post op visit

Lymphatic massages
Hi atlast22. Naomi at the office gave me the board and the 2 epifoam pads for the sides of your waist. I was told to wear the garment for 6-8 weeks but since I feel I have been healing well I will stop at 6 weeks. Try to shoot for 6 weeks. Good question about the lymphatic massages. They help to force the fluid out of the lipo'd areas back into the lymphatic system. Once into the lymphatic system, the fluid will get excreted as urine. This will help with overall swelling and to accelerate healing. Also, when they do the massages with pressure (which does hurt) it helps to break up the scar tissue to heal your results be smooth and lovely :) I recommend you pay for the first 5 because if you hubby sees you are in pain he won't be able to do the massages properly.

**TIP: Dr. Salama was approved two Weeks ago for a type of insurance at his office where it will cover any costs in case an emergency during or after surgery. I forgot what its called. BUT GET IT. it will give you a piece of mind. it was $160.

**Medications:
Percocet every 4 to 6 hours
antibiotics 3 pills 3 times a day (9 daily)
Arnkka 2 pills a day starting the day before surgery
Colace, stool softeners, 1 to 3 pills a day per the bottle

**Massage
Tips for induring the massage
Take 1 and half perc prior w/ food
Take shower 15-20 min before she comes
Drink lots of juice before
Have Arnica Gel ready in hand to rub your body down after massage it is such a reliever!
Take the other half of perc (at least I did) and lay down after you do your stretches. Awwwwww

*swollen lady parts
FabNewMe: put a pad on under the garment to push her back up in there, and when I just took it off she has gone down significantly -FabNewMe

**traveling alone
First off - People who are traveling alone and will be using a nurse- Dr.Salama office deals with Best Care, I spoke with Jackie, and she says when calliing inform them that your DrSalama pt and what your getting done(BBL)... usually girls need help for the first 48 hrs after surgery, which costs $350. Also to call them a week before surgery to get everything handled (papers). I heard Chiquita the nurse was really really sweet.

**vitamins
Also with the vitamins- I asked Nancy today and she said to take Vitamin C, 1000 mg 500 am and 500 pm, and Iron, 325 mg.

*scars
Silicone flattens scars and mederma fades it
missmiami

Scar Therapy
As mentioned previously, scars are forever lasting. There are products out there can reduce the color and thickness of the scar i.e. Bicorneum (best product out there) when used after the procedure. Used during post surgery, the high silicone content helps in reducing the scars lasting formation. Other than massage and these products, there isn't a way to totally remove a scar that has already formed. Best of luck.

**butt out garment
novaStar 14 Jul 2012
hey girl i got it from lipoexpress its the 1628-classic 3/4 leg derriere in the nude color. its $130.00 on the website.

Vedettestore.com and lipoexpress.com that have compression garments with the butt cheeks out. It looks like a really good website. Im like the Silicone Panties with the butt out for $40.00.... the Strapless half leg or the Stapless Short Derriere for $120.00. I also want the Female Vest for $80.00 or the Corset for $60.00. I think the female Vest might be the best choice because it has strapes. Im not sure sould I order this now or wait.

**Garment
atlbabymamma 13 Jul 2012
yes! dr. salama doesnt use the ass-less garments anymore. however, he did help me cut just the bottom part a little so that it didnt compress my butt so hard cuz it was leaving indents on the bottom of my butt. and i wish i would have done this since day one cuz im wondering if it could of helped to stop some of the shrinkage. i started with a size large but asked for an XL for my second garment because it fits my thighs and butt much better. i dont even have to cut the bottom out. instead, im going to buy a compression vest to wear over this garment to make sure the waist stays nice and tight. the maker of this garment that im wearing also sells mid-thigh and shorter garments. i wish they gave those to us instead.

***pre surgery weight
Moises Salama, MD 30 Aug 2012
@Beautifully broken - Good morning. This is Ruben. For a rule of thumb, we ask patients to be 15-20 lbs above nomal weight. So just keep in mind, we do that so Dr.S can easily access fat rather than coming up short on amount of fat from being to skinny. So 5 more lbs won't hurt, and you can always lose them after surgery once recovered. I hope this helps.
Ruben
Gaining weight prior to BBL
I highly recommend my patient to gain weight and to maintain weight at about 20-25 lbs above their ideal weight. This gives the surgeon enough fat to make a drastic change in one's body type. Definitely consult with your surgeon but that is my suggestion.
Moises Salama, MD

***loss of Volume
FabNewMe
26 days post op
I had a turn around today, ladies! I've been very bummed about my loss of volume, but I put these pants on (same ones I took pics in at 2 weeks). Ass is still there! Lol. Also, just to clear up any misunderstandings about why my booty went down so quickly, I want to post an email from the fabulous Ruben!

What you are losing is inflammation and swelling. Fat does not disappear that quickly. Keep in mind that your body is full of fluid after surgery and it takes time for your body to drain that. Once that drains, fat is accommodating in your buttock.

So do not cry and in a couple of weeks I’ll show you how much of a difference your buttock and other parts look.

Keep me posted.
Ruben

FabNewMe
9 weeks post op sept 11th
My booty is officially 43 inches again!! Fluffing def is real!! Cause it went up an entire inch ladies!! VERY happy about that! Other than that, nothing new to report.

I will say, that I don really notice much difference in my chin. That's very depressing :-( oh well.

By my resolution
Hey girls I got an email back from Ruben about my volume loss. The e-mail reads:

Good morning. The volume you have lost is not fat at all. The fat takes time to be reabsorbed and it usually is about 20%. That being said, there is lots of inflammation and swelling and patients get used to the look after surgery and from time to time think that is all fat. Granted 1400 cc is a lot of fat, so you will certainly see a drastic difference once your final shape takes effect. That occurs at about 8 weeks. Wearing compression on the buttock is not mandatory, so you can go ahead and not put compression there.

**Items for post op (goodie2shoes)
Goodie2shoes 9 Aug 2012
@myresolution :-) @miss.kae lol buy all the things they tell you on the list , plus a bunch of loose long summer dress and cotton tank tops for under your garments. And some sports bras buy a bunch cause u will need it for the next months cause thats how long you have to wear the garment o and buy all new panties cause your old ones will b too small for you and a robe ( cause you have to walk every hour or two hours so you can drain well and a nice comfy robe is great to keep you warm

**Outfits so far (atlbababymama)
-Something cute to wear when you get here. Better enjoy for the day cuz you wont be looking cute anymore from here on.
-robe for the day of surgery…. Hat, sunglasses
-LOOSE long maxi dress to go to the office when they take off your garment. I had a loose dress on but realized I would be flashing larry as I lay down in the car so I put on sweatpants and a zip-up hoodie instead. Remember to make sure your dress is loose enough to put on and take off comfortably. Plus your drains will be underneath your dress as well so make sure your dresses aren’t too tight.
-Bring fitted tank tops to wear underneath your garment.
-I see the doctor again on Sunday so that would be dress #2.

I will update and tell yall how many outfits in all you will need cuz im sure everyone had that question like how I did. At the hotel room, I just wear my fitted tank and the garment all day. No undies or bra at all.

Letting you know: atlbabymama
the day you arrive you will be signing lots of paperwork. you will not see the doctor until right before your surgery. my advice is to write a list of questions and make sure you drill him and let him know all your expectations. I regret shutting down after he made me feel like a dummy when I pulled out the wish pics. do not bring wish pics. if I could do it all again, I would have said to him "give me the biggest ass you can give me cuz round two is not an option". its easier to make your butt smaller with a super tight compression than it is to have to come back for round two to make it bigger. my sister flew in to take care of me today and she even agrees that the size it is right now would be the perfect size after absorption. my butt has gone down quite a bit and if it goes down even more I will Prolly cry in the corner. I know its still too soon right now but i'm praying that I will be wrong about it not being big enough. the frustration on top of the physical pain is what's making the recovery process feel so slow to me. or I could just be a bit depressed which I hear can happen sometimes after surgery. I just hope the pain would go away so that I could start to have a more positive attitude. this process is 50% physical and 50% mental... I was not mentally prepared at all. I don't want to scare any of you girls but this is real, although everyone's experience is different. all I can say is get someone to have the procedure.done with you so you won't feel so alone OR make friends with some of the girls who will be having the procedure done around the same time as you so you could be eachother's support system and not feel so alone. I have been texting bblchick back and forth whenever I need something or have a question about the healing process and it has really helped me to not feel.alone. and then there's fabnewme who's been texting me as well who's.coming down soon and has been giving hope and to not stress so much. thanks to everyone else on this site as well for the kind words because I need the positivity to get through this painful process. sigh...

so in conclusion, ask the doctor as many questions and let him know all your expectations without bringing a wish pic.

-Ladies who will be using transportation provided from the office, please get all shopping out the way before surgery so that you wont need anything later, there are only two drivers and many of us girls...
Dr.Salama gives out arnica pills so you can save about $30 there
Ladies after surgery shower with cool water, not hot, cool water increases blood circulation and skin elasticity, helping it take that new form. Wash with a loofah to help remove the surface layer of dead skin on your bodies... our bodies will be going through alot of making over help it out as much as possible.
I also want to suggest mederma for stretch marks... there is a $4 coupon on the site.
When going into surgery wear a sundress, its easy for the people on the office to put on you, remember you will be half sleep so dead weight, and them trying to put pants/sweats on you... yeah... bring with you your hotel key and some socks cause it will be cold in the operating room. Dont bring no valuables with you... if you have to leave your phone in the hotel room, rather it there then missing... i read on here a girl got her phone taken when she was in surgery... thats not cool.

HOTELS/RENTALS

NEVAEH 23 Mar 2012
Hey just in case you was going to check out Best western I just wanted u to know there are two in the area. Make sure you check out the best western plus on sterling rd. Dania Beach, It is 10min away for the office I was able to book 9days for $570 including tax which is the best deal. You can go to kayak or best western site to book. Call to book if interested and you will be asked to pay once you arrive. I've just been letting a lot of bbl sistas know.

-vacation rentals

North Miami beach
Hallandale

***'REAL' info
By goodie 2 shoes
I am 23 day into my recovery and I would like to share some helpful info. I am happy with my choice and results and although I think Realself can be helpful I think sometimes people on here sugar coat things and are plain ole straight out liars... I am gonna tell you how it was for me and for other people that have taken this journey with me.

1) Don't take advice from people on RealSelf who haven't had the surgery/procedure . It's like the blind leading the blind( Listen to Dr. Salama)
2)You can/will get nauseous from the anesthesia (deep breathing will not help it okay) only medication (promethazine) will help
3)You can/will have fluid /blood leaking from your vagina and you don't have your period
4)You can/will bruise ( I don't care what medication/herbs that are out there) if you are the bruising type you will bruise.
5)Your eyes, face, feet, fingers can/will swell. Face/Eyes look like you got punched in the face.
6)You can/will get diarrhea from the antibiotics(after all 9 antibiotics a day for 7 days is harsh on your tummy) btw Diarrhea can last weeks after you stop taking antibiotics
7)You can/will get a yeast infection from taking all those antibiotics
8) THE MASSAGES HURT!!!!! ( not just the first one) THE FIRST FIVE HURT ok even with taking your oxycodone/acetaminophen/percocet Btw Celia said its suppose to hurt!!! That means it is working and get the damn 10 massages the Doctor told you!!!!!
9)Your vagina can/will swell and look abnormal lol don't panic it will get hard first and then go done..
10) You can/will get charlie Horses after the surgery ( happens when you are sleeping)
11) You can/will get night sweats or chills (bad ones) guess that is what menopause feel like
12)Having your period in the garment is a nightmare!!!!
13)You can/will feel like you can't breathe in that tight ass garment stuffed with the pads and board
14) You can/ will chafe on the sides of your vagina (like a baby)
15) You can/will feel sore and stiff ( bending can be difficult)
16) Your drains can/will start to burn/bother you around day 5-6
17) the itching that you will feel is not from dry skin ( I read someone on here saying that) it is from either your body healing or and the morphin in the pain killers your taking that will cause you to itch that is why you need the benadryl.. If it was just dry skin they would suggest lotion!!!
18) Things you will really care about when you are in the thick of things ( someone that cares about you taking care of you, flusable wipes and step tool if your hotel bed is really high and a thermometer ) that's it nothing else...

For all the women that have been through their journey already I know they will read and relate ... For all the women
About to go through this or one day will Do with this info what you want!!! It's call REALself so I am being real

**FAT/RESULTS
A letter from Nancy from Ms.juicy
As far as the rumors about him being too tired they are simply not true. We also heard that rumor by reading real self and when we asked him what that was all about he said that he did not know why they are saying that. Please do not worry because I promise you that its not that he is tired. You can to keep in mind that all the patients that come hear get different results depending on what they look like before surgery, not everyone gets the nicest results. Depending on how much fat you have you may not be totally happy because he had to leave some fat behind and those girls will be unhappy and complain because he didn’t take out enough but it has nothing to do with him being tired.
Nancy Duque
Patient Coordinator
Hey I guess I will see you December 3rd my surgery is that day as well !!! It feels so far away tho .. Wish I could go to sleep until then I'm getting impatient especially seeing the new banging bodies he's producing Jeesh ... We're the same height and about the same weight I'm 162 so we should be good :)
Ill keep in touch hope you do as well
Hey sexybaknew I pray that we the results we are hoping for with out many complications after surgery :) It will be nice to see another bbl sister there :) I'm getting impatient as well but at the same time I am a nervous mess lol we need to stay in touch so we can see our results after surgery so excited

Lady's Dr. Salama prices are going up book now and...

Lady's Dr. Salama prices are going up book now and take advantage :)

Updated on 1 Nov 2012:
Per MiamiLife305's update, Dr. S's prices are going up tomorrow from $7,799.to $8,499. That's a $700 increase!!! Ladies, if you're on the fence, lock in your price NOW! It may cost you a lot more in the end! He's in high demand!

Hello lady's, Today I bought my vitamin...

Hello lady's,

Today I bought my vitamin regiment omg so many pills!!!!! I am not a vitamin nor a pill taker but I believe it's important to follow the doctors suggestions to get our body's prepared for what's coming I added pics of the vitamins and here is the break down

4weeks prior to surgery
Vitamin C ---- 500 mg
Iron -----130mg

3 weeks prior to surgery
Vitamin C---1000 mg
Iron---260 mg
Bioflananoid ---1000 ( 1 pill with each meal )
B-100 complex ---- I pill per day
Zinc---30 mg

2 weeks prior to surgery
Same regiment as week 3

1 week prior to surgery
Vitamin C --- 1000 mg
Iron----325 mg
Bioflavonoid ----1000( 1 pill with each meal )
B-100 complex --- (1 pill per day )
Zinc----30 mg
Arnica Montana ----30 c ( 3 times a day )
Bromelain ----- 3 pills per day

Post surgery
Iron ----325 mg per day
Arnica ---- 2 pills per day
Vitamin C ---- 1000 mg per day

I will be adding he benefits of the vitamins listed above

This article is from the WebMD Feature...

This article is from the WebMD Feature Archive

The Benefits of Vitamin C
What can vitamin C do for your health?
Save This Article For Later
Font size:AAA
By Kathleen M. Zelman, MPH, RD, LD
WebMD Weight Loss Clinic-Feature Reviewed by Louise Chang, MD
Vitamin C is one of the safest and most effective nutrients, experts say. It may not be the cure for the common cold (though it's thought to help prevent more serious complications). But the benefits of vitamin C may include protection against immune system deficiencies, cardiovascular disease, prenatal health problems, eye disease, and even skin wrinkling.

A recent study published in Seminars in Preventive and Alternative Medicine that looked at over 100 studies over 10 years revealed a growing list of benefits of vitamin C.

"Vitamin C has received a great deal of attention, and with good reason. Higher blood levels of vitamin C may be the ideal nutrition marker for overall health," says study researcher Mark Moyad, MD, MPH, of the University of Michigan. "The more we study vitamin C, the better our understanding of how diverse it is in protecting our health, from cardiovascular, cancer, stroke, eye health [and] immunity to living longer."

"But," Moyad notes, "the ideal dosage may be higher than the recommended dietary allowance."

How Much Vitamin C Is Enough?

Most of the studies Moyad and his colleagues examined used 500 daily milligrams of vitamin C to achieve health results. That's much higher than the RDA of 75-90 milligrams a day for adults. So unless you can eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, you may need to take a dietary supplement of vitamin C to gain all the benefits, Moyad says. He suggests taking 500 milligrams a day, in addition to eating five servings of fruits and vegetables.

"It is just not practical for most people to consume the required servings of fruits and vegetables needed on a consistent basis, whereas taking a once-daily supplement is safe, effective, and easy to do," Moyad says. He also notes that only 10% to 20% of adults get the recommended nine servings of fruits and vegetables daily.

Moyad says there is no real downside to taking a 500-milligram supplement, except that some types may irritate the stomach. That's why he recommends taking a non-acidic, buffered form of the vitamin. "The safe upper limit for vitamin C is 2,000 milligrams a day, and there is a great track record with strong evidence that taking 500 milligrams daily is safe," he says.

Still, American Dietetic Association spokeswoman Dee Sandquist, RD, suggests doing your best to work more fruits and vegetables into your diet before taking supplements.

"Strive to eat nine servings of fruits and vegetables daily, because you will get a healthy dose of vitamin C along with an abundance of other vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals that are good for disease prevention and overall health," she says.

While a cup of orange juice or a half-cup of red pepper would be enough to meet your RDA for Vitamin C, here are all the foods and beverages you'd need to consume to reach 500 milligrams (mg):

Cantaloupe, 1 cup (8 ounces): 59mg
Orange juice, 1 cup: 97mg
Broccoli, cooked, 1 cup: 74mg
Red cabbage, 1/2 cup: 40mg
Green pepper, 1/2 cup, 60mg
Red pepper, 1/2 cup, 95mg
Kiwi, 1 medium: 70mg
Tomato juice, 1 cup: 45mg.

You can read Part 2 of my BBL story, by clicking here.

Well idk if I'm not liked or something is wrong! Not getting any responses or comments, n I couldn't see my post for 2 days I think.... Anyway getting a Lil discouraged :(
Real self is having a major issue same here I can't see anything I post ;( hope they fix it soon
Yes! I just tried updating again...and it isn't going through ughhhhh!

I'm not really understanding this part 1 and 2...

I'm not really understanding this part 1 and 2 thing from real self

Hello lady's Well blood work and EKG good so...

Hello lady's

Well blood work and EKG good so I'm only 2 1/2 weeks away I am so exited I just want to comment that for the blood work you guys have to be fasting :( I didn't know that but thank god I went there 1st thing in the morning I wanted to avoid the crowd :)
Best of luck, not long now!
thanks :) you keep us in your prayers that day :)
Our date is drawing close !!! :)

Message me if you want my email I will share pics...

Message me if you want my email I will share pics but not on this site :)

great explanation! how"s your butt? just had bbl done with Salama
Can I see some pictures hun? I am ot sure what I am going to do with my stallion booty I have now
Yes hun see my part 2 review I have before and after pics :)
Miami Plastic Surgeon

I research a lot but I found him on this website