I am 5'9 192 pounds with 23% body fat. I am hoping...

I am 5'9 192 pounds with 23% body fat. I am hoping to drop down to 20% body fat and about 180 pounds before my surgery meaning I have 2 months to GET TO WORK! I have one child who was born via c-section which really killed my abdominal structure. I tend to carry most of my weight in my flanks and my bra line. I'm hoping that my experience in weight loss, toning, and eventually a BBL will motivate other woman who may be as vein as I am. I am already educated (at little to no cost ) and feel that a few thousand to make me a MILF is worth it : ). I am really looking forward to having a body that matches how I want to feel. HOT and curvy-- diet and exercise has not been able to give me the shape that I want.

SX Date scheduled!

Hey Ladies!

I will be going from June 25-July 5, my surgery is on the 26th. I can't wait to be Salamafied...will anyone else be there during this time? Let me know would love to plan a get together/ maybe a travel buddy!

Congrats on your upcoming surgery with Dr Salama! Excellent choice! ;) Hope you meet your goal weight in time! :)
Thank you! I hope I reach it too. It really more personal then necessary, just so my results are maximized, but I e-mailed Nancy and told her I was considering loosing a little weight, she said not to loose anymore than 5 pounds and that she doubts he would even get the full 4000CC out of me. That takes off a little pressure : )

Wish Pics

I know doctor's say not to be too obsessed with our wish pics...but I look at mine all the time and I wonder how close I may get to some of them. I can't really see my shape and I've never taken measurements but I plan on taking some this weekend and updating my account : )

Wao your body is nice
They're all wish pics
Dream2B is right...the only picture that is my actual body is the one with the head cut off...My profile picture I'm posting some actual before pics today....wait on it : (

Me, Myself, and I

I have taken a few picture of myself...I don't want to share them, but I really want my story to be helpful like some of the women whose stories I read. I will include, details videos and photos probably to a year PO. Anywho...I have lost 3 pounds, here is me at 189.

Hey! How many months did you have to wait for your surgery date if you don't mind me asking?(:
I ended up getting an earlier date because I called and took the first one available. I made my schedule fit around the surgery dates available. I also called every other day... : ) I waited 7 months form my initial contact before I got a date 30 days before or 30 days beyond my goal date!
hi was wondering you gave up your june 26?

How many CC per side...

So, after viewing a lot pf photos and trying to see whose body is similar to mine, I decided I think I want about 1100cc per side. Doctor Salama recommended 1000cc per side to me but I would like it a tad bit bigger, I have a bigger frame and I'm also 5'9 and I think I can support about that much. SO maybe 900 in each cheek and 200 in each hip, IDK...I guess I will know more at my pre-op appointment.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DARN EXCITED! I wish it was tomorrow!!!!! P.S. I am maintaining my weight at 185, I don't think I can afford to loose too much more as I can already see my ribs a bit up top. eeek : )

BOOKED MY HOTEL!

Hola amigas!!! Today I booked my hotel. I was looking for something with a kitchen/kitchenette, a sleeper sofa, and close/walking proximity to the beach. Although I know I can't be in the sun, I do plan on doing some of my sleeping under an umbrella on the beach. I am paying for my best fiend to come with me and be my caretaker : ) I selected Crystal Beach Suites Hotel in Miami Beach. Its only 20 minutes (Google time) from the office so I would say in actuality about 15. I got my package from Cheaptickets and paid $1,440.00 for our round trip airfare, and 10 nights in the hotel. Cheaptickets also had a coupon that got me an instant $150.00 off which what brought my price down.
Hopefully, the hotel is nice. the location is great but you never know until you walk in the room I'm getting sooooo excited! 52 days until my SX!!!!

Can't wait to see your results! you go girl!
THANK YOU! I'm so nervous and excited!!!
I will be there June 27th

Made my first payment!!

Hello folks! I just wanted to celebrate at the fact that I have made my first payment. I paid $4,400.00 last week! I spoke to one of the coordinators over the phone and learned that as long as you pay half, you can bring the other half in "cash" and receive a 7% discount which is like $350.00. That covers all vitamins and additional supplies I will need while I am down there.

I also learned that my pre-op is at 11:00AM on the SAME DAY as my surgery since I am taking a red eye in the night before. So I head to the office at 11:00AM then directly following, I head to the surgery center! I CAN NOT tell you all how excited I am!!!! This is going to be AMAZING!

Gym Update: After a 2 week hiatus, I got back into it today. I also think I will be joining a women's league basketball team ( I played in college) because I miss basketball AND it's the best workout on the planet! I have 37 days until I leave and my goal is to get in 27 workouts. I hope I can do it! I just want to be as toned as possible so when this fat is removed my body is like BAM! "I'm coming out" : ) I hope you all are blessed and progressing toward your Realself : )

I will be flying from Milwaukee to Miami. What about you? Where will you be staying and what's your surgery date? I'm looking for a place to stay?
My surgery date is June 26th. I will be flying into FLL and staying in Miami Beach...a little distance from actual Miami or South Beach, my doctor is out of Aventura which is about 25 minutes south of Ft. Lauderdale.

BLOOD TESTS!!!!

Hello to my bbl Sistas! Hello to all of RealSelf as well. So I know its been a minute but I have been very busy the last couple of weeks. I have to start by letting you all know last week I went for all my pre-operative labs. Boy Oh Boy-- is there a ton of labs… I started with my and at her office, she ran from that was sent via e-mail from Dr. Salama’s office. I went to my PCP (primary care physician) and she did a physical exam and an EKG.

Sidenote: for the EKG, I thought I was going to be hooked up like 50 Cent from the song, “In Da Club” but unfortunately, I was just lying on the table being absolutely still for a minute

Anyway, when we talk about blood tests, they nurse probably collected 5/6 little cylinders of blood. The tests that were done were including:

Complete Blood Count- A complete blood count (CBC) gives important information about the kinds and numbers of cells in the blood, especially red blood cells , white blood cells, and platelets. A CBC helps your doctor check any symptoms, such as weakness, fatigue, or bruising, you may have.

PT + INR, Plasma- Prothrombin time (PT) is a blood test that measures how long it takes blood to clot. A prothrombin time test can be used to check for bleeding problems.

Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time- Partial thromboplastin time (PTT) is a blood test that measures the time it takes your blood to clot.

Comprehensive Metabolic Panel- A comprehensive metabolic panel is a blood test that measures your sugar (glucose) level, electrolyte and fluid balance, kidney function, and liver function.

HIV antigen/ Antibody Screen- to make sure I don’t have HIV

Urine Culture- A urine culture is a test to find and identify germs (usually bacteria) that may be causing a urinary tract infection (UTI).

Urine Pregnancy Test

If the idea that this is surgery and its seriousness wasn't clear before, it’s now official. I think up until this point, the nerves hadn't kicked in but they are finally here. 25 more days…can’t wait!

*All blood test definitions came from WebMD.

Damn girl you are 12 days away..........I'm happy for you....make me feel like I'm in your shoes......Congrats girl hope you get what you want......speedy.and healthy recovery......oh nd thanks for the list of things we are getting tested for.....I didn't know it was all that....
YES Girl...it is about to go DOWN...I am nervous but soooo excited! I couponed and shopped at CVS today. I got my gauze and other things 97.00 worth for 38 dollars!!! I hope for a speed and healthy recover too--I do a lot of walking in my job and my hopes are that I will have a nice little recovery while I'm there with TONS of fluid so I can be ready to work 11 days later eeeeek!!!! Thank you! and I will def keep you posted!
I will be following your journey. We are the same! 1 csection, height, I'm dropping my weight. I'm 218(never been this heavy) goal weight for surgery is 190. Before pregnancy I was a steady 180. I'm 26. So I have to keep in touch with you!! 25 days! Whoop!

11 days and counting!

Hey ladies! Here is a quick update I wanted to post pics as I haven't posted in a while. I lost 4 pounds and I'm down to 188 now...I don't look it though so I think I will chill. I have realized that I have a lot more muscle then I even knew! I stopped working out 2 weeks ago and I have just been trying to make better food choices. I also decided to braid my hair for the surgery as I know I will not be trying to comb my curls...or blend a sew in post operative.

Ladies...I need your help! Salama suggested about 1000CC in each cheek. What do you think. I was thinking 1100cc just in case I loose some volume, but then again I don't want it to be CRAZY noticeable!!! What do you ladies think? I'm so excited and so nervous and sooo ready to relax!

hahah...I have to be very careful when writing my posts..I swear Dr. Salama could get a lot of good fat out of my fingers...heeheh they are suuuper chubby!
Good Luck & Following..
thank you!!! 6 days!!!

6 days and counting!

Hey Ladies, so I decided I will make an album of photos (including my wish pics) I have found some nice booties (is that the plural word for booty?) lol that I would love to add!!! haha anyway, I had 6 days until I leave! I think I have everything I need, I got a great discount on my car since I am only 24, they try to charge me between 15-18 dollars A DAY for the "young" renters fee. I joined the USAA (for free) to beat the expense and I also got a discount, so for 10 days car rental I only paid 191.00!! WIN!!!

I also wanted to warn you lovely ladies about some hidden/ unexpected fees.

1. Resort fees. (My hotel is expecting an additional 10.00 a day just for being there!
2. Safety Deposit (100.00 due at check in time, returned at check out)
3. Car cancellation fees, if you shop around for a good price, NEVER give your credit card info, some places will charge you 50.00 to cancel, reservations can be made w/o your credit card. That being said, often times the best discount is given if you purchase that same day!

Keep you posted!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!!

I was just getting ready to ask you how many CCs are you planning to get then read your review. When I went to see him in April he told me 1000 as well. I am 5/6 147 and I am set on 1100 if its not too big. I have to be there at 9:00am. Hopefully I see you b4 we both go under!
I think I will go with you on the 1100...my butt really isn't terrible now so that's my concern...1100 on what I already have! But I think you are right...I will go with 1100 as well! I am going to inbox you my number, I'm not supposed to be at the office until 11, so I doubt I will see you. Where are you staying?
Staying at TownPlace Suites. Was going to stay at Residence Inn in plantation about 25 mins away bcus I got a rate of 60 per night. Then lucked up on TownPlace for cheaper!!! Just found out today my sx is at 10:30am! Didn't realize we go to 2 different locations the day of. I thought we report to the sx center only, that is why I thought I would see you. This is really happening!!! WTH... still haven't packed!

3 days

Hey Ladies,

This is a packing list I took from the bbl Forum....you can also find it there with check-boxes...nice for printing

To-Do:
Schedule Labs (if they're not done by surgeon)
Schedule lymphatic massages for after the surgery (if your surgeon doesn't provide)

Must-Haves:
Female urinal (won't be able to sit after surgery)
Bleach spray & baby wipes to clean yourself until you can shower again
Anti-bacterial soap to clean your incisions
Neosporin for drain sites after they're removed
Alcohol pads to make the area sterile before taking your Heparin shots (to prevent blood clots)
Q-Tips to clean around incision sites
Gauze pads & medical tape to redress drain tubes
Camisoles/tank-tops to wear under garment to avoid skin irritation
Maxi dress or something loose fitting that's easy to slip on and off after surgery
Easy slip-on shoes (so you don't have to bend over and tie them)
Compression stockings to help prevent pulmonary embolism
Compression Sleeve (only if you're getting arm Lipo)
A big pair of panties in case that time of the month arrives
Boppy pillow to protect your booty after surgery
Faja or compression garment
Epifoam or board/foam
Arnica tablets to help with bruising and swelling
Stool softener/laxatives
Pre-op vitamins and post-op protein shakes to help repair body

Nice-To-Haves (But Not Absolutely Necessary)

Suction hooks to hold up drains while showering
Sugar scrub (sugar and olive oil) for your pre-surgery shower
Body scrubber to help reach an itch
Hand lotion
Firming lotion
Empty bottle to put syringes in
Bathrobe
Socks to put over compression stockings
Old towels/linens/shower curtain to keep from staining new linens
Neck/body pillows
Chux Pads
Pills organizer
Mederma Cocoa Butter (for scars)
Chapstick/Vasaline, something to keep your lips from getting dry
Band-aids to cover incisions
A good camera to document your journey
Folding chair to assist going to the bathroom (cut out the bottom of the chair and position it over the toilet)
Yoga mat to place behind knees

If You're Traveling, Don't Forget:
Toothbrush/toothpaste
Body wash and baby wipes
Fill doctor prescriptions before leaving
Protein powder shakes, fruits and veggies
Reusable tote/bag to carry stuff in
Ponytail holders
A good camera to document your journey/any electronics you'll need
Shaker cup if you're bringing protein shakes

BBLers, did we forget something? Let us know in the comments section below.
*A special thanks to NJexciteddd and Cray Cray for helping us put together this list

Good luck hun. Have a safe flight . I know everything will be fine. You're in good hands.
Thank you for the well wishes!!!
Please read Patients, Beware When Doctors 'Go Bare' on the huffingtong post http://www.huffingtonpost.com/spencer-aronfeld/medical-malpractice-insurance_b_2455946.html

Morning of my surgery!!!

Hello ladies....so this is 2:45AM. I am supposed to report to the office at 11:00AM. Let me tell y'all...I can't sleep. I'm a little crispy from my antibacterial soap shower...hate feeling dry and. I'm super anxious. I can't believe in actually going through worth the procedure!!!! This is INSANE!!! I'm super excited and I hope that I can post a couple pre op photos for you lovely ladies in the morning!!! I love you all and please be thinking about me tomorrow!!!

Prayers sent up! Happy healing
Hope sx went smooth! Happy healing!
Idk for sure but I would love the info to the store

Feeling Okay...

Hey Ladies I just got back about 1hour ago....pain--not for real, but soreness GOT DAMN....I feel sore as theeeee f*** and have a few more in incisions than I anticipated. Salama got ALL the fat from what I see...I'll try to post some without the garmet tomorrow when I go for my post-op appointment.

I'm not quite sure how many CC's I got but I will tell you and additionally post my pre-op
Measurements tomorrow.

Thank you honey!! God def watched me it appreciate your prayers!!!!
Definitely
Thanks girlie...I'm feeling alright def sore but alright

On my way to post-op

Hey ladies...it's 6:55 AM and I'm on my way to my post-op appointment. I'm pretty sore....but overall I'm feeling great! I'm laying down on the back seat of our avenger. I'm 5'9 and with my legs bent I fit just fine! I'm feeling very sore on all affected areas in pride of pain, probably sides hurt most, then booty, then stomach. My butt is the only thing in "pain" my stomach and back feel how skin feels after getting a tattoo...just some slight burning. I literally woke up every hour on the hour to pee--I also have been eating fine. My best friends have been taking care of me and they made me rotisserie chicken, rice and had fresh fruit for me for dinner! It was sooo good! My throat was a bit sore from the breathing tube, but not so sore that I needed the spray. I have had some scratchiness which caused me to caugh which hurts my entire body...lol.

Dr. Salama was great. We joked a little and talked about basketball some. I actually really liked him, not quite what I expected based on others reviews. He's very serious about his work and focuses a lot when explaining what's going to happen. If he wasn't, we might have some concerns.... right ladies?? Any wayI'm excited to see what this body looks like without the garmet! Love ya!! Keep you all updated!

Congrats and happy healing!
hey, I saw you leaving at the post op appointment. I tried to catch you but you got on the elevator so fast as I was unlocking the door!!
Really-- girl, I didn't know who you were!! I'm sorry!!! lol it was such a quick apoointment lol I was in shock lol

Insomnia....soreness...swelling

My butt is sooooooooooo swollen! My garmet had to be cut on the sides and it's still like "spilling" out. It is literally killing me lol. What should I do to reduce the swelling?? Dr. Salama's package says they give you arnica but I got everything they said they don't give it away anymore. Is that what I need?? Also having on a Thursday sucks because you have to wait 4 full days before a massage and I am sooooo stiff! I need one now lol. More pics....

Boooooooo you look great...I'm feeling that allot....and yeah the anica helps the swelling..Stop at a Wal-Mart and pick it up......I got the tea cream and tablets you yar by mouth..I heard from other rs sisters that's it helps a lot...and pineapple juice as well helps a lot with the swelling
I was ready that the arnica comes with a lot if side affects have you noticed any of them?
Reading...

Feeling better....first massage tomorrow

Hello ladies, so this morning I woke up at about 9:30 and my
Best friend and I walked down the street to get a fresh fruit smoothie from this place near out hotel in Collins Ave. I got strawberry pineapple with almond milk and protein--it was delicious. After we walked the beach for about 30 minutes and it zapped my energy!! I came back made a sandwich and some Lima beans and took a shower. My friend washed and dried my garment now I'm here laying in my shape-wear.
Today I feel better, still a little stiff and very bruised. My butt
is so hard but it is softening up in certain spots at the top and the bottom. I have lot of VERRRY dark bruises but most of the redness has gonna away.

if you look at the paper they sent you home with right before your post-op the day of surgery is written on there how many cc's you got. you look awesome he did beautiful work on us.
Mine didn't say...it was just signed : (
Girl...post a review--post some pics I want to see ya!!!

17 day post-op updates

Ladies...I'm so sorry I haven't updated you all in sooooo long!! I wanted to talk about a fee things starting with the massages. My first one was on the Monday after my surgery which was June 30. I'm very tolerant of pain....I would almost say I liked it but the massages...hahaha....wooooah. Let me just say the less fluid you have the less it'll hurt. Either way it's uncomfortable because the lipoed skin is sooooo tender and tingly, but you can literally hear the fluid sloshing out. Yes--I said sloshing. I had Celia for both of mine while I was there...she was very sweet and very patient. I had my back drain removed the day of my second massage.

The plane ride home was uncomfortable--only because my ass was almost too big to fit between the seats so I could kneel. Once the bruising starts to go away--the booty is über sensitive, like when I bumped into something it felt like 1,000,000 needles poking it. While I was in Miami I went shopping with my friend for something to wear to a dinner we decided to go to-I couldn't really for much between the garmet, the foams, and my swollen ass I had a sever case of Madea (from the Tyler Perry plays) booty lol. I looked like a total mamau. Lol anyway needless to say...close for or not I did kneel to protect my investment.

I traveled home with my front drain in which was a pain in the ass. It kept getting slightly caught in my garmet and pulling. It was a little painful but mostly irritating. I noticed that each time it snugged it would tear a little skin then heal, then year again....so now it's a really dark scar. The drain removal wasn't too bad, if I could add a tip I would say, while healing massage the skin that you know the drain is over so it does not heal too much into your skin. It was weird coming out but not painful. I can't quite describable the feeling, but it's definitely tolerable. I removed that drain on Monday morning before my first day of work...yes I said work. Had to return to work only 11 days post op--however I think it was good for me because I was up and walking around. The maximum I would've taken would be 2 weeks. Literally at 2 weeks I began to feel regular--well a new regular. The foams and garmet didn't irritate me. I was able to poop regularly and I knew how to carry my pillow discreetly. I rarely sit at work though, that makes it much easier and better for my recovery. I would say maybe a combined hour for the full day.

Another thing I'm struggling with is my back drain hole healing. It reopens each time I squat so I've really been struggling and I don't really want an ugly scar in the middle of my two cheeks!!!! Any good tips for that???

Massages: I joined massage envy. My massage therapist does a combination massage for my of lymphatic drainage and deep tissue. The drainage massage is to assist with the removal of any access fluid within the body and the deep tissue massage helps to break up the scar tissue in the body. I have lot of scar tissue on my back and many lumps and bumps throughout my abdomen. Fear not--all these get worked out through massages over time. I go twice a week and will do this for the duration of my 6 week recovery. At that point I will switch to once a week (depending on my lumps and bumps) and will change to one every other week for the course of my 12 month membership. My father has graciously volunteer to assist in the payment of my post operative massages.

Satisfaction: So far I am extremely satisfied with my results. My butt is nice and round, maybe even a little too big for my liking currently
But it's definitely nice. My waist is nice and small, but there is some asymmetry between my sides. My left side goes straight down into my hip without much of a curve-- my right side flows into it more like an hour glass. Either way--I look and feel 1,000 times better!!

Please ask any questions you have, I would love to answer anything for anyone.

Your booty and body looks super fabulous!!!!! You have a beautiful change! (definitely worth it!!!!!) I don't have a lot of booty!! :( All I wanted was an increased booty because hips and flat abs I had before weight gain. My sides and hips are off. One side is super curvy and the other is ok. All my booty is at the bottom so it looks fabulous only in jeans!!!! No projection, but I'm back to my tiny athletic look! My change is 2 inches added to butt and abs are 3 inches smaller. I joined massage envy and they said we needed to be in the same hometown for you to get the referral. It would have been a free 1hr massage.
Hahah that's funny!! It's all good!!! Just wondering!! Def worth the money!! How are you feeling???
I feel awesome! I can't wait until I can wear clothes without these garments and start to workout!!!

Quick update

Hello ladies!!

I miss you all like crazy! I just wanted to give you a quick update! To be honest I think my booty changes daily in shape and projection but my volume has been pretty consistent! I'm measuring about 34-30-46 which has been the sesame since 3 weeks. I was wondering of anyone knows when the abdominal swelling finally stops. I'm gonna try increasing my fluid and reducing salt (hardly use anyway) and see if that'll reduce my swelling. I had sex for the first time this weekend and it was AMAZING!!! He couldn't keep his hands off of me....I was totally loving it!! Here are some additional photos!! Love you lots. I'm in an XS Cincher that I got from Salama's FYI

5 weeks with photos

Hello ladies!!

Hey looking great ma; I had my surgery with Dr. Salama on 9/19 and love my results. the swelling can last anywhere from 6 months to 1 year (per Dr. Salama). Compression garments help to reduce the swelling. Good luck!
Hey chica .. do you have the number of Celia at Massage Envy or tell me what location she's in? I cant find it anywhere. BTW - You look GREAT!!!
Celia is one of the massage therapists who works at Dr. Salama's office.... I do my massages here at home at massage envy.
Miami Plastic Surgeon

I first found out about Dr. Salama via Google, when I realized that the results of the doctors in places like Miami, Atlanta, DR, etc. were much better than the physicians I've consulted with in Cleveland. I think it has a lot to do with the frequency of the procedure and Miami has a market for boooootay!! I'm not only looking for shape but the "hour glass" figure that must be sculpted. Dr. Salama has excellent reviews and working with his office has been a pleasure thus far! After the booty: I still would pick the exact same physician to do my surgery. I have a lot of stretch marks from my pregnancy and Dr. Salama was still able to lipo in a way that left my skin tight and flat. He's awesome! Very serious about his work and very busy, but his staff is comforting for the aftercare and follow-up during the times he may not be available. Great experience in love with my results!