BBL July 2!! - Aventura, FL

Sceduled for my bbl July 2nd.. Super nervous. I...

Sceduled for my bbl July 2nd.. Super nervous. I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis 10 years ago. It's something c struggle with on a daily basis but for the most part I am healthy. Hoping my condition doesn't skew my lab results or put me more at risk for infection or swelling :(. I've always wanted a more shapely body and have tried exercising but that can only help so much, exercise can't change genetics. That's why I've decided to go on with this surgery. Hope its worth it in the end.

Btw I'm 25 yrs old.. 5'7.5 (yes the half...

Btw I'm 25 yrs old.. 5'7.5 (yes the half makes a diff. lol) and 160 pounds. I was told I should gain 5-10 pounds but my arms are already big, don't want to gain more weight on my arms.

Miami Plastic Surgeon

Ya, I know what u mean, plus they tell u that you have to gain weight then on the intructions is states not to over eat. Taking pure vitamin C I think is okay. I pretty much now just have to go shopping for what I'm going to wear the day of surgery and after. I'm excited and really nervous my surgery is may 28! My bbl sisters please pray for me that all goes well with my surgery. My husband and kids will be waiting for me back home. I have a 8-9 hour flight :(
this whole proc. is a serious trip...one thing that was contradictory to me was that they tell you to ingest all this vitamin c but on the prep instructions in the packet it says to stay clear of antioxidants...alot of the vitamin c supplements and the powders all say they are strong antioxidants..im confused. This whole thing is throwing me for a loop :(i have a headache.....again :/
im in the same boat guys---same weight and height! i gained weight for this though---i use to be like 150 or so and gained to 160......it was horrible...but i was eating bad food and my skin paid for it--any tips on what good food to eat to gain? been stressed over having this surgery so I'm losing it now and am scheduled for end of july :(
erdream,
omg i am in the same boat. I am eating junk food, which will not give the right weight im guessing. He told me to gain 10-15 pounds. I would think to eat healthy foods that are high in calories but healthy. I did a small research and some are nuts and seeds and fruit juices.
I'm in the same boat. (5'7", 150 lbs.) :( Sent pics to one doctor to get a quote. She said I should try to gain weight if I want the 700/800 cc's per cheek. Good luck!
One last note: I'm super nervous about the idea of having to gain 10-14 pounds, too... But from what I've researched, there are really healthy ways to gain weight - simply by eating more healthy calories. I.e. this doesn't mean you have to eat a bunch of Mcdonalds or KFC. If you look at the plus size models, they have super smooth skin and they actually exercise moderately on a regular basis. They simply just eat more calories than leaner people their same height. Just remember, when you are done with your procedure and want to go back to the same weight you are now without diminishing your skin's elasticity, don't try to lose more than 1/2 lb/week. My Fitness Pal is a good calorie counter iphone app that can help you with that. Last tip for post-op reference: After 45 minutes of consistent moderately-paced aerobics like running, your body goes into fat burn mode (note a sprinter's body vs. long distance runner's body).

Btw, are you going to get fat from your arm transfered to your butt as well?
Hi Newbody2,

What did Dr. Salama say about the BBL and your Rheumatoid Arthritis? I'm considering getting the BBL too but I have hypothyroidism, and although completely different from RA, I totally understand how you feel about the risk of complications (in my case it would be the risk of exacerbating the disease). I hope that your BBL goes smoothly and safely and that you talk with as many doctors as possible about what to expect!
Best of luck,