Didn't Work to my Satisfaction - Toorak, Vic, Australia

Pro - it is a better look than traditional braces...

Pro - it is a better look than traditional braces during the process, and the result is better than if you didn't do it at all.

Cons - Not effective I did it as I had two dracula looking teeth - which destroyed my confidence.

Having done invisalign I gained my confidence back (still not straight but at least no sticking out) However having spent AUD 7000 the result was very disappointing. The video which showed end result was impressive, however it was misleading. As the end result was way different from the result from the video image. I felt I was mislead and reaped off. When I expressed my dissatisfaction, the doctor decided to shape my teeth without consulting me. I wasn't sure what he was doing until the end of the process. This resulted in my teeth looking like they have been heavily ground and every other dentist I've seen in the past 8 yrs have made comments to that effect.

Was it worth it? NO. I think the traditional...

Was it worth it?
NO. I think the traditional braces are still much better - shorter time, cheaper and effective.
Upon completing invisalign, my teeth were not exactly straight. A year later, it was worse. The last tray no longer fit my teeth - they have moved a lot!

Dr Andrew Gronow

At the end of the treatment, I expressed my dissatifaction with the result as my teeth were not as straight as i expected per the initial video presentation. He dismissed my concern claiming my teeth were straight, and that they didnt look straight because the length of my teeth was uneven. Without asking for my permission, he polished / ground my teeth to make them look better (still didn't work but he claimed he's done me a favour and i should be happy). Subsequent to that event, every other dentists had said to me my teeth have been ground too much and it's a problem. In short, the provider/doctor was very unprofessional and was inappropriate to use wrong treatment for the problem.

For people trying to decide between Invisalign or traditional braces there was a Q&A question posted where the dentists compared the pros & cons of each method. Click here to see their answers.