sounds promising! - Australia, AU

I finally made the decision to go with my...

I finally made the decision to go with my treatment, I got invisalign in mid May 2012. It is very costly, my treatment cost 7500 excluding acceledent that I got recently (paid that upfront). I have high hope that my smile will be next to perfect.
It doesn’t bother me that I have to keep my invisalign on for 22 hours a day; I probably have them on for 23 hours because I eat very quickly. My friend and my mom call them granny teeth and my sister calls them dentures ewww lol. They make me laugh but I don’t mind, they both have traditional braces and they are ugly. I do get some weird looks sometimes, like ‘what is that on your teeth’ and I be like none of your business *rolls eyes*.
My goal from this treatment is to have straighter, broader and brighter smile and I made that very clear during my consultation. So I will be quite furious if I don’t get that outcome because I PAID HEAPS OF MONEY.
As soon as I heard of acceledent I went and did my research and was convinced that it will work and speed up my treatment by 50%. That means I would be changing my aligners every week. But what really made me desperately get it was that I got attachments on my 4th aligners… all across my top teeth. 10 on the top and 6 on the bottom, my first 3 aligners had no attachments. Well not so invisible I guess but still, I will take invisalign over traditional braces anyday.
I started using the acceledent on the 9th of July in the middle of my 4th aligners, for 20 minutes every night. From now on (from the 5th aligners) I will change them every Thursdays. Its day 4 and I can already feel that it’s loosened up and not so tight which is a good thing. So on Thursday the 19th I will change to my 6th. It’ll be the first time I’m changing them after using an aligner for one week. I will write review on how that goes.

Btw I have 32 aligner to go through before my perfect smile. My invisalign treatment is supposed to go for 18 months but with Acceledent I will be done with them by January 2013, than have refinements if necessary. Then its retainers and a hidden wire behind your front teeth that will be there eternally.
The only thing that bothered me was the price. But that’s my fault; I should have looked around but i was very impatient. That is a self taught lesson, never going to happen again.

Suprisingly the the 6th tray isnt all that very...

Suprisingly the the 6th tray isnt all that very tight like how i expected.

Had a little problem with my 11th aligners, they...

Had a little problem with my 11th aligners, they were bothering my top gum because it was a tad bit bigger and sharp, so i called my ortho and he said i should file it down with nail file. Other than that all is good. Now im on my 12th aligner everything is moving fast and quite smooth. Im actually starting to see some results now, my arch is sort of widened, just a little bit though. My bottom teeth are 95% straight which im very impressed with, because im not even half way through so i should expect my treatment to go as planned. My top gap hasn't closed but they have straightened because they were initially a tad bit to the east and west lol.

I will update soon after i have my next appointment.
Ta Ta

Half way through!!!!! Currently wearing aligner 16...

Half way through!!!!! Currently wearing aligner 16 :) woohoo cantttttt wait. bring on beautiful smile baby! Haha

I was putting my 17th aligner tonight and it was...

I was putting my 17th aligner tonight and it was nearly impossible getting them in, the arch was so much wider especially for the bottom. I just forced them it. Literally!
Good thing no pain.

Sorry guys, i know ive been MIA . I had so much...

Sorry guys, i know ive been MIA . I had so much going on. I will post photo after i get the final touches done like whitening,etc. The results are incredible, im so happy. :)

I recently started my invisalign process and although I am happy, I would love to start using acceledent. How much extra did the acceledent cost on top of your invisalign treatment. My invisalign cost just under $5000, but I would love to get acceledent as well as this would speed up my process and I am going to college in the fall

It is a violation of RealSelf Community Guidelines to use RealSelf to buy or sell anything. We would love to have you all continue to participate on RealSelf, but need to ask that you only share general information and not solicit within the community.

Also, as a safety precaution, we have community guidelines against posting personal contact information such as phone numbers, physical addresses, email addresses, etc. in the threads.

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

How did you source the Acceledent device? Can you purchase this directly? Did it have a big impact?
Hi Bob, Sorry for the late reply. The only time i heard of this product was from my dentist so i didnt really know much of it, i only went with it because it shortened the treament time. I guess you can say it had a big impact because i was done in 9 months instead of 18 months. Theres no down side to it (IMO) other than the price. Its a vibrating thing on your teeth to get the teeth moving faster. I dont see where things could go wrong. So check it out in your town, its only going to be at a private orthodontic practice. And the product is fairly new so it might not be available in your town. I hope i was helpful, msg for any questions.
Just 20 minutes of daily use enhances the orthodontic force applied by braces or aligners to accelerate the rate of tooth movement. AcceleDent uses SoftPulse Technology to help your current orthodontic treatment work faster. It does this by generating small vibrations called micropulses to gently accelerate the movement of your teeth as they are guided by your orthodontics. These micropulses can also help to make your orthodontic experience more comfortable.
yes i use it everyday. i saw my ortho and he said everything's going well. But the trays i'm wearing now hurt when i take them off and especially when i put them back on. they said i can file the place it's hurting me if i want but i'm not because i'm worried it will change the way it is so i will take the pain to get the best out of my invisalign. Oh! the things i do for good looks.

Oh, bummer you got some sores from the trays. I'm glad to hear things are moving along well though. Have you continued to use your Acceledent?

yes a beautiful confident smile! how exciting!!!
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Curious Melbchick04. If you don't mind me asking how much was the Acceledent device? I paid $8755 for my 29 aligners and Accledent. I brought in a paper advertisement and it said that the accedelent was complimentary but I now think that it was all included in the price. Which is disappointing that they've kind of ripped me off.
You are nit alone love. Really the price I put there is not with the acceledent price. I didn't put it there because it was a choice I made. My ones cost $1500. So all in all I paid $9000. One thing I would change would be going with a cheaper ortho but what's done is done. now all we can both hope is that we get that beautiful smile.
$8500
hi
i have been using acceledent too. but i have the train tracks as i wasnt gaurenteed to get the perfect result! like u i paid 7000 oddly it was only 100 more for invisalign. im having adjustments every 3 weeks. good luck on your journey to beautiful teeth!
Good luck too. I am gonna put photos up after my treatment ends. I hate that fact that you have to use it for 20 mins and I nearly forget sometimes arrgghh.

Did your dentist or orthodontist recommend acceledent and approve you changing the trays weekly? If not I would definitely check with them before moving ahead with that plan, especially since great results are so important to you.

Here is a Q&A that talks about Acceledent:

Has Anyone Heard if Acceledent Really Works, or is It Just a Gimmick?

Here is a Q&A that talks about how and why it is important to wear your trays for the full two weeks unless otherwise instructed by your doctor:

Can I Go on to my Next Invisalign Tray After Less Than 2 Weeks, if my Teeth Fit in It?

I'm not sharing this with you to bum you out, but I would hate to hear that you ended up with less than satisfactory results.

yeh neither do i. i have an appointment next week with my ortho so i will ask him more questions about it.

I'll be interested to hear what you find out. I would strongly encourage you to wear your trays the full 2 weeks until then. It would be such a bummer (and expensive!) to have your treatment messed up this early on!