Botox and Heart Problems - Australia

When I turned 40 I began botox over a period of 3...

When I turned 40 I began botox over a period of 3 years. Although the connection was not initially made, there is no ignoring the possibility it caused my problems. About one week after each botox treatment, I started getting palpitations. The more treatments I had, the more heart symptoms I had until after about the 3rd treatment. Again, about a week or two later. I was driving and had sudden severe chest pain which radiated to my jaw, thru my back and down my left arm followed by dizziness and sweating. I was checked for a heart attack and kept in hospital by a Cardiologist for 3 days! The tests were inconclusive.

Following this I continued to have the symptoms along with new ones...pins and needles in my legs, hands and feet. A week after my next Botox treatment, I began to wonder if it was possibly the cause so I decided not to have anymore. About 6 months later, the palpitations eased off and the other symptoms pretty much disappeared. It cannot be ignored that putting a toxin in your body, CAN effect your heart....just like the silicone implants can cause auto immune disease which was scoffed at 20 years ago. I would like to see an actual cardiologist who DOESN'T promote or inject Botox post an opinion or experience rather than Plastic Surgeons who do!!

My cosmetic surgeon would not give me anymore Botox because I explained my situation and he agreed it may be a possibility and I believe he would advise other patients because he is an honest practitioner who did not scoff at me or dismiss my concerns.