Final Stages of Removal - Australia, AU

Hi all. Been reading these reviews for a while...

Hi all. Been reading these reviews for a while with must interest. I am midway through removing all 4 of my relatively small tattoos. I felt compelled to write as there seems to be a real lack of 'late stage' removal updates. Though I like updates on people new to the process; I think there needs to be far more info about removals at the end of the process on this site. So here it is. This is 3 days after final session on what was a black tribal tattoo very low down on stomach. Will post updates of others after next session. I expect to need about another 4-5 sessions on remaining three. And while

Late stage shadow effect

Hi all. Forgot to mention a comment about removal in later stages and the 'shadow' effect (Ie tattoo appearing as a very faint mark on the skin). I have seen a few instances where people stopped lasering once they get to 'shadow' stage and it is the not until around 12 months later that ink is finally cleared. Quite frustrating because it adds ANOTHER year to the process, but it seems to be needed for the best results. This is where I am at with stomach tattoo, no more laser sessions but 12 more months for maximum fading/skin repair. Will post another picture in a few weeks as it still has some small scabs on it. PS Can I just say that organic rose hip oil has been my saviour during this process? I massage it into tattoos every second night. It is a natural oil that really assists with evening out skin pigment. Very high in vitamin c too!

7 days after final

7 days after final treatment on black stomach tattoo. Pretty dry with minor scabbing. Using plenty of rose hip oil on it. As I mentioned in reply, healing time gets quicker the more treatments. It is also really quick when there is no ink left. I am trying to get before from my technician but as you can see no in remains. Except for some slight redness due to last treatment skin has pretty much returned to normal. Will re post in another month.

Before image

Sorry for the bad quality of this before pic but it is the only one I could track down.

6 weeks after final

Hi guys. Making good progress. This is approx. 6 weeks after final session on stomach. I missed treatment on my other three tattoos due to mooney issues. I plan another session on these tattoos in early December. I shall post a photo of these tattoos then, as the are fading nicely, and another treatment should make quite a difference. I expect that I need around another five sessions each on remaining three

Another pic

Rethink gold coast

Nevermind I got it. Nine treatments!
How many sessions for this tattoo?
I am from Brisbane and am currently going through tattoo removal. I have just completed my 5th session. It has taken me virtually all year to reach this stage. My tattoo is quite big so we split each session into two. I was really happy to read your comments as I must admit, lately I have felt a little 'down' about the whole process. I feel as though I am not getting anywhere with it! Can you please let me know how you felt after about the 5/6th treatment? Was there much progress? Or was it not until a little later down the track. Your response will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the update, your tattoo has disappeared, that is awesome!!

Your results are really remarkable! I am going through late stage removal and still have outlines that are lingering. It's nice to have these success stories. I am slowly realizing that the end is the hardest part b/c of the wait process but your story shows that it is possible. Would you mind sharing what laser you were treated with and how long you waited in b/w sessions?
Hi onetime2many. Tech has a quanta q plus c laser. Refer to earlier comments for more details. I posted the last photo to show that there is an ever so slight 'shadow'. I am sure that this will all but disappear over the next few years. I am really happy with results but my other tattoos are still getting treated......I feel your pain. If nothing else this process is a lesson is patience!! As I said before I will post a photo of remaining three tattoos after my next treatment in December. The are looking sooo faded but being realistic I think I have around another 5 sessions each on these.
Hey Thanks, I just saw all the details of your earlier comments. Again, it so awesome you are able to share this...this process can be very discouraging! This gives us all I hope, I would imagine :)
*all hope, I would imagine
Ps. I had 9 treatments over the course of aound 22 months. So on average only around 4 treatments per year. So a decent wait time I guess
Ps 9 treatments over approx 22 months. So on average I waited quite sometime bw sessions.
Wow, thanks. That's kind of where I'm at...it will have been 2 years (come Dec) and I just finished up my 8th session...so we seem to be at similar paces. I initially started out as recommended: a treatment every 8-10 weeks. But at around my 4th session, when I realized the lack of noticeable fading and continued trauma to my skin, I slowed it down majorly to waiting 3-5mo in b/w sessions. I think this helped, at least in terms of allowing my skin to heal. That will be my regiment from here on out...to wait it out and see. I look forward to seeing your continued treatments on yr other tatts, you seem to be in very good hands :) Thanks again for all of your feedback and support! I will update my progress on here as well....
Hey! Isn 't that funny that we started around the same time! Obviously I am only judging by pics but it looks to me like your nearly at the point of stopping treatments and letting your body do the rest I bet if you did in a year or so that tatt would not be noticeable.
Thanks, I do see it fading rapidly but b/c the artist did such a terrible job in terms of consistent lineweight and depth, i do still see ink in some areas, while other areas are completely gone. I am pretty sure I may need perhaps 1 more treatment at least to hit those random spots...but who knows...it could just fade out and I sure hope so! I am def going to take it day by day, week to week and see. I know from my experience that avoiding laser trauma while undergoing this is the most important aspect of removal...that and a sh*t ton of cardio! :) I will update my pic in a few months after the healing is complete to do a side by side.
Wow, This is AWESOME!!!
Thank you for sharing your results, its very encouraging. Do you know what laser you were treated with? Also, have you heard of bio oil? I've just started using it, I assume it's similar to rose hip oil?
Hi Wilkes My tech got a Quanta Q Plus C laser about 7 months ago. the last four treatments were with this laser, not sure what she had before. I have heard of bio oil which I understand to be a blend of various oils? I myself prefer organic rose hip as it is single source and it has been proven to be a very effective skin repair treatment. I know that many skin therapist recommend its use.

You had great results, that's awesome!

Thanks for sharing!
Amazing. Thank you.
Thanks for adding the before pic!!
Great update! Your information is excellent, can't wait to see the next photo. I wasn't able to open the link you gave of the tattoo before you started, are you able to post it here? Thanks! B11
Hey blackberry did you search for that user name in Instagram? Unfortunately I don't have before photo but will try and get it. here is Instagram link tell me how you go, copy to browser it should work instagram.com/p/dCKDeEzXSf/
Thank you for posting your review...it is nice to see progress in later stages of laser removal as you are correct that people tend to share the beginning of their journey but then stop once they get close to achieving their desired removal..Thanks so much!! :) What laser are you being treated with?
Hi canadagirl. My laser therapist recently got a new laser which is a Quanta Q Plus C laser. I have had a total of around 4 treatments with this one. The pic was taken about three days after treatment 9 on stomach. Honestly there is no more ink to laser on this one! I expect to see it fade down to nothing over the next year.
That's fantastic! You must be relieved to finally see the end of this process.