Sliding Genioplasty and Submental Liposuction - Australia, AU

The ONLY reason I am reviewing my operation is...

The ONLY reason I am reviewing my operation is because I was horrified by the horror stories on here regarding Genioplasty. I want to put positive feed back regarding my west Australian surgeon.

I'm a 21 year old girl who was born with Peirre Robin Syndrome, always had a small jaw and 11 days ago I had a sliding Genioplasty- chin was extended forward 4mm, and I had liposuction on my neck/jaw.

I was so anxious for a week before the surgery and every night I would end up on this website researching and researching and making me self sick reading the horror story's!

The morning of the operation I was so nervous, I thought I was going to run out the operating theatre. But my surgeon come and saw me in pre op and asked if I had any questions, which of course I did. After speaking to him I was at ease. I was looking forward to getting it done!!

The first thing I remember after waking up was having an oxygen mask on and I was getting fed pain killers. And not long after I was getting wheeled back to my family!! I am going to be honest, the pain is the worse pain I have experienced. It's so uncomfortable because I was wearing a compression garment around my head, which I had to wear for a week of so, although I ended up loving my garment because it made me feel better with the swelling and it made my face feel nice and secure.

The next day I was out if the hospital at 10.30, I was confronted by the most horrible man was in the reception pointing at me and making comments to his wife and kept staring and pointing as I had my compression garment on and I was starting to swell!! I would expect that behavior from people in a shopping mall.. Not a Hospital so I was quite up set over that.

3 days later I was back in the surgeons office for him to take a look! I must say his nurse is such a beautiful woman and really easy to get along with!! Although I was so swollen I could hardly talk/move, she made lite of the situation.

Day 9 I have the stitches from my lipo put on my neck removed, and I feel FANTASTIC!! I honestly could go to work today!! But I can't because in my line of work I can't work with the pain killers in my system.

I will post a pic of before and after so day 11!
Thank you SO much for sharing your experience here on RealSelf. I'm truly glad you're feeling good now and are happy with your results. I can't believe the man in the waiting room was that insensitive! Sorry you had to go through that! Curious what Pierre Robin syndrome is...

6 weeks post op

I have 100% feeling back in my face :)
Wow, what a great difference! I too, would be thrilled with those results! It's amazing what 4 mm can do for projection. I'm going in for a sliding genioplasty in a couple of weeks. I'm confident in my surgeon and am hopeful I get results like yours! Thanks for sharing!
Goodluck for your surgery! X
Perth Plastic Surgeon

My surgeon, he is an absolute amazing man. He did my rhinoplasty 4 years ago! And he has done yet another amazing job on my jaw! I give him a lot of respect and I hope this review brings him a lot of business he deserves!! I am so happy with the results I will recommend him to anyone!! I just want to tell the world!! So happy!!