Totally Worth It...I'm So Happy with my New Girls - Australia

Im now 14 days in, Im another Aussie who found...

Im now 14 days in, Im another Aussie who found this site and all of the hints and tips so helpful.

I was given my DD's at 15 and loved them through my 20's but I'm now in my late 30's and my DD's have become HH's...well that was until a few weeks ago, I'm not sure what cup size I am now but my guess is C/D as I still have a lot of swelling but I feel like a new woman.

The biggest thing I would like to share with anyone considering having a reduction is that it is not half as bad as you imagine. The pain is manageable and if your prepared prior to going into to hospital with all the things you need after the op you will breeze through. Positive state of mind helps the healing process so STAY POSITIVE.

I'm super happy and have not faced any complications so far, I had built myself up to a big bunch of nerves but after reading all of the amazing stories on here I felt so much better.

A few small tips to add to the many you will pick up along the way
- move your bedside tables forward as you cannot reach behind your head. Move them so they level with your hands so you can easily reach water or medication.
- hydrate, keep up the fluids...water, no soft drink ladies as it bloats you and believe me you will already feel bloated.
- Buy some button down shirts to wear for a few days, this is ironic because the reason I don't own any is clearly because of my big boobies but it makes life easier to not be reaching above your head.
- make yourself a little nest in bed soyou don't roll over, I found sleeping with one pillow under each arm helped keep me in place, I'm a side sleeper so have found staying on my back a little awkward, I also used a pillow under my knees for a few nights, yes you will need lots of pillows
- take your pain meds when you need them, don't wait to be in pain to take them, get ahead so your not suffering, it will passin a few short days and if nothing else you will get some dozy sleep.

Ladies I couldn't be happier and it can only get better from here...

I researched my butt of and found my surgeon came highly recommended,mi saw another who seemed to talk the talk and was a little cheaper but I had a good feeling about this doctor and so I went with my gut. Glad I did.. He wasn't the most chatty guy but spoke in simple language that I understood and kept me calm and was patient.

The tip about moving the bedside table forward is GENIUS!

Glad you are so happy!!
Congrats and thanks for the helpful hints!
Congrats , I'm so glad you are living the new you , I am loving the new me too .

Thank you for sharing your journey and for all of the wonderful tips!   This will be very helpful to all of the other ladies here on the site:)