Body Lift - Australia, AU

After having three children by caesarian section...

After having three children by caesarian section and my weight yo-yoing up and down over the years, I found I had a lot of loose skin around my belly. I managed to achieve a reasonable goal weight in July 2012 and, at the age of 47, decided it was time to do something for me. After an intensive search for a suitable Plastic Surgeon, I stumbled across Richard Bloom and consulted with him over a few weeks. I felt extremely comfortable and in safe hands. Originally I thought I needed a "tummy tuck" but was assured that a body lift would be more suitable for my requirements and body type. On the 28th September 2012 I underwent the surgery with no apprehension. My recovery time was shorter than expected and within 6 weeks I looked and felt like a new person. I have minimal scarring that is not visible even when wearing my new bikinis! Richard helped me achieve so much more than I ever expected could be possible and to date I've had no issues from the surgery whatsoever. My flat stomach, coupled with removal of excess fat around my hips and a lift for my buttocks means I can now wear any clothes off the rack and feel like an attractive woman again. I adore my kids, but I used my children as a reason for my lumpy and bumpy appearance. Now I can enjoy my new body, my gorgeous kids and my tolerant and understanding husband. I'm ecstatic in my own skin and as they say, happy wife, happy life!!
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Richard Bloom, what can I say? He's caring. A fantastic bedside manner and listens intently on what it is you are actually trying to achieve. He will be straight up if he feels you are overachieving or feels a type of surgery may be unsuitable. His staff are amazing and should you have any qualms whatsoever, they are always contactable and approachable. Thanks Richard for making me feel so wonderful every day :-)

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your experience with us!

I'm so glad everything worked out well for you. If you don't mind sharing, did you have a very long recovery period, or much pain after surgery?