Miracle Drug - Australia, AU

I started Roaccutane when I was 13 years old. I...

I started Roaccutane when I was 13 years old. I hadn't had clear skin since I was about 11. When my acne started getting really bad I went to my doctor to get a referel to see a dermatologist. He suggested I should go on Roaccutane, but my mum wasn't so convinced. She didn't like the idea of the nasty side effects. It took a bit of persuading until she finally gave in a let me give this drug a go.

Within the first couple of months, I saw a significant difference in my skin. Although I did experience a few side effects. I got very dry lips and couldnt go to school without some sort of lip balm otherwise it would feel like my lips were burning. I got tired easily and even walking home was a bit of a struggle. I got a few rashes on my legs, but i got cream for it and it went away.
Not all the side effects in my opinon were bad. Before roaccutane I had to shampoo my hair everyday because it got so greasy but on roaccutane I only had to wash it every 4-5 days.

I would DEFINITLEY recommend roaccutane. I had quite severe acne, especially across my forehead, chin and nose and it basically cleared it. I have been off this drug for about 1-2 months and my hair has gone back to being greasy and my skin has stayed clear, but i reguarly wash it morning and night with a cleanser and exfoliate it every 2-3 days. I also put cream on at night to help let my skin breathe.

I hope this helps.