Advice to Anyone Thinking About IPL Hair Reduction - Australia

I have just had IPL treatments with a local...

I have just had IPL treatments with a local Hairfree Clinic in Victoria Park and have walked away very disappointed. I wasn’t promised permanent hair removal but was told that because I had dark hair on light skin it would work well for me and to expect at least 80% reduction. Told it would take 6-8 treatments but went back for 10 because I was encouraged by the lady treating me (also the owner) to try different IPL wave strength but it didn’t help.

When I finally told her that this would be my last treatment she overcharged me on areas she had always included in the price $135 for an “extended Brazilian” meaning they don’t include your bum in the normal Brazilian ($100) price. Towards the end of my treatments the lady treating me said that if I went back to waxing that the hair loss I had achieved would return to its pre-treatment state. So to those people thinking (like me) that they can get treated and just wax what hair is left IPL is not for you! She than recommended South Perth Laser Centre if I wasn’t happy with the results. All this information would have been very helpful before I started IPL so that I would have had a better idea of what I was getting into. Hairfree Victoria Park seems more interested in getting your money than providing frank advice on what IPL will actually achieve.
While I have had some hair reduction, mostly it is because its just finer hair coming back. I don’t mean to sound jaded but for an outlay of $1350 I had hoped (and been lead to believe) I’d achieve better results.

That is really weird that she said waxing would basically undo the work of the IPL. I did a search to see what I could dig up about that, because it just didn't sound right to me.

You can read what 3 dermatologists had to say about it in this Q&A:

Can I Wax After I Finished my 6 Sessions IPL Course? Will It Make Hair to Regrow?