Zoom Review - Austin, TX

I decided to have Zoom to try to get my already...

I decided to have Zoom to try to get my already pretty white teeth sparkling white. I didn't have a lot of stain, they were just not sparkling and I thought they could be better. I went in at noon for my Zoom and they prepped me which included putting a gel around my gums and a ton of cotton in my mouth to protect the inside of my mouth from the light. During all of this, I had this thing in my mouth to keep it open. Pretty uncomfortable. After the prep, the technician put the light up to my teeth and I sat there for 15 minutes. After 15 mins she came back and wiped the gel off, reapplied and put my teeth back up against the light. This was repeated 3 times. I was too uncomfortable to go the fourth time. No sensitivity or zingers during any of this adn I was really glad to have the stuff taken out of my mouth after the 3rd go round. My teeth were sparkling white and I was happy when I left the office. I had taken 2 alleve before the procedure and then took 2 more right after. I should have been taking ibuprofen becuase the Alleve ended up causing a stomach ache..guess I took too much. About 3 hours after the procedure, my teeth REALLY started to increase in sensitivity. It was pretty brutal actually and I was regretting having the procedure done at all. My gums ached and my teeth hurt...is that possible? Apparently so. And my stomach was upset from the alleve. Basically, I would say that if you have it done, count on a pretty uncomfortable night and go to bed early. I would also have it done later in the day if possible. Wake up with a little sensititivy but not too bad. And then it's worth it. My teeth are whiter and I'm glad now to have done it. I don't think I'll do it again, though. I would say that if you are just trying to get your teeth a little whiter, not worth it. If you have alot of staining and/or yellow teeth, then worth it. Just be prepared for the pain after. Way worse than other cosmetic procedures (botox or fillers) that I've had in the past.

My doctor was good, it's just the procedure that was uncomfortable.

You stated the following, but said 'Not Sure' when asked if it was worth it?

"Wake up with a little sensititivy but not too bad. And then it's worth it. My teeth are whiter and I'm glad now to have done it."

I'm so sorry to hear that you got a stomach ache on top of the discomfort from your teeth! No fun! :(

It sounds like you have a really balanced view point on the procedure though. Its good to know you don't think its great for someone who needs just a bit of whitening, but it might be a good option for someone with heavy staining.