ouch!!! - Austin, TX

I am 38, and I had Ultherapy done today on my face...

I am 38, and I had Ultherapy done today on my face and neck. I was NOT prepared for the pain. I didn't cry, but I was sweating and gripping a rolled up hospital gown (the stress ball I was given wasn't doing it for me) so hard I was shaking. I kept having to take breaks and ask the lady to apply the wand in increments of five. I told her I would probably never be vain enough to do it again. But I'm glad that there really isn't any downtime -- I'm a little sore but I don't need any painkillers now that it's over. I am hopeful that it was worth the money. If I ever do have it again, I will ask for a local anesthetic. I have to say that my chin lipo two years ago was a breeze compared to what I went through today -- even with the bandages and downtime. (Of course, that's because I was numb.) If you are sensitive to pain, be forewarned.

But I'm glad that there really isn't any downtime -- I'm a little sore but I don't need any painkillers now that it's over. I was alert and able to resume normal activities afterward. (You just need someone to drive you home since you'll probably have one painkiller and one valium in your systerm.) I am hopeful that it was worth the money. If I ever do have it again, I will ask for a local anesthetic. The nurse DID offer me one, but it was 1/4 of the way into the procedure and I decided to tough it out. I kind of wish I hadn't.

I am not sure yet if it will be worth it, but if I see the results I desire, I will say yes, it is. Sorry I don't have a photo yet.

Well, I had chin lipo two years ago and have been keeping a careful eye on the skin just below my chin since. It's looser than I would like, and it's only going to get looser as I age. So I went for a consultation about a necklift, and the consultant felt I was a better candidate for ultherapy. I went ahead and had my whole face done. But the primary concern was my neck.

I have been considering Ultherapy, but really not sure yet. I have read so many reviews where people talk about how painful it is. I'm glad you were able to get through it and appreciate your advice that local anesthetic might be the way to go.

What were the main things you were hoping to treat with the Ultherapy (loose skin, wrinkles, etc.)?

I just wanted to tighten the skin under my chin. I couldn't see much difference in my "before and after" photos, but my skin feels a little tighter when I feel it.

Do you feel that the change was worth the cost and experience with the treatment? If you have made a decision on that I would love for you to update your "Worth It Rating" on your review so your vote can be counted. :)

I'm still not sure. I'd say "yes"'if I had seen a difference in my photos, but I didn't. :-( I can only hope I look better than I would have -- which leaves me at "I'm not sure."

I completely understand. I think because the results seem so subtle its difficult for me to be justify the cost for the benefit. I really appreciate you sharing your story and being upfront that you couldn't see major changes.