ouch!!! - Austin, TX

I am 38, and I had Ultherapy done today on my face...

I am 38, and I had Ultherapy done today on my face and neck. I was NOT prepared for the pain. I didn't cry, but I was sweating and gripping a rolled up hospital gown (the stress ball I was given wasn't doing it for me) so hard I was shaking. I kept having to take breaks and ask the lady to apply the wand in increments of five. I told her I would probably never be vain enough to do it again. But I'm glad that there really isn't any downtime -- I'm a little sore but I don't need any painkillers now that it's over. I am hopeful that it was worth the money. If I ever do have it again, I will ask for a local anesthetic. I have to say that my chin lipo two years ago was a breeze compared to what I went through today -- even with the bandages and downtime. (Of course, that's because I was numb.) If you are sensitive to pain, be forewarned.

But I'm glad that there really isn't any downtime -- I'm a little sore but I don't need any painkillers now that it's over. I was alert and able to resume normal activities afterward. (You just need someone to drive you home since you'll probably have one painkiller and one valium in your systerm.) I am hopeful that it was worth the money. If I ever do have it again, I will ask for a local anesthetic. The nurse DID offer me one, but it was 1/4 of the way into the procedure and I decided to tough it out. I kind of wish I hadn't.

I am not sure yet if it will be worth it, but if I see the results I desire, I will say yes, it is. Sorry I don't have a photo yet.