Tattoo Removal Process with PicoSure. - Austin, TX

I have had this terrible tattoo which I got when I...

I have had this terrible tattoo which I got when I was 16 to cover up a birthmark that I always hated. Years later, I hated the tattoo AND the birthmark that was still visible.
I decided this year to take action and have BOTH removed with the PicoSure laser. The doc indicated that the laser would remove both, but that it may take 6-8 treatments for this to occur.
Since I have been looking at everyone else's progress pics on Realself.com to give me the courage to do the procedure, I decided that it was only right that I document my progress with the treatment.

I hope this helps some of you.

6 weeks after first Treatment

Second Treatment

Before and After. (2nd Treatment)

This is a before and after. The after pic is 13 days after the 2nd treatment.
So far I am very happy with the results, though wish the red would fade a little faster.

Westlake Dermatology - The doctor was professional and answered all of my questions.

Fantastic results, thrilled for you!!!
Looking great for only 2 sessions...honestly, i bet if switched over to a Q-switched laser w/ a 1064 wavelength (now or in the future), you'd see really good results for the red and even the remaining black...supposedly the pico is not good w/ red ink. Otherwise yeah- that blue is gone and the black is fading fast!!
That is impressive! It looks like the thin black lines are gone and the blue is almost gone.
For the black ink you may want to switch to an Nd:YAG (1064nm) and the red/orange will require a 532nm.
Medlite C6 has both 1064 and 532- and I only know b/c I use it. I'm sure their are other Q-switched that have both wavelengths as well. Good luck!
Hi and welcome- although the Pico is top notch for blue/purple and decent w/ black, red ink responds better to a Q-switched laser that has a 532nm wavelength (i think the Pico only has a 755nm wavelength). Does yr clinic have more than one laser? Anyways, great fading for just one blast :)
Thank you so much for contributing to the community by sharing your story :)

Great results on the blue - wow!

Look forward to your updates.