Chest Flanks - Smartlipo - Austin, TX

Chest Flanks - Smartlipo - Austin, TX

I am in my early 50s. Some fat pockets would not go away no matter how much I worked out. This was a good thing to do (for me). I have been able to cut back on things like eating too many carbs, extra glasses of wine, etc. The combination of that and the procedure are making a big difference. It was a turning point.

I was awake for the Smart Lipo. It took about 1.5 hour for the preparation (before photos, get marked, lidocaine injections, etc.). The procedure took 45 minutes. I wore eye shades, head phones and had an iPod. Very easy. It felt like someone was rubbing their finger over my chest. No pain at all during procedure. The next day, I was very sore and that improved quickly during the first week. Within 7 days, I was working out again including bench presses (except for activities with a lot of jumping or running). The Elliptical Trainer for arms and legs is very good. Working out soon after was encouraged by Dr Coleman. There is compression clothing during the first month. A shirt or a vest (I wore both because the vest would cut into my armpits - wearing a compression shirt under the vest helped that problem). Spanks are expensive but they work the best. Do Smart Lipo the winter if you live in a warm climate. Too hot to do in the summer. I could wear the compression shirts under regular clothing, and no one seem to notice.

At first, the compression seems so tight, but you do get more comfortable with it. And, it reminds you to cut back on eating too much.

I did my chest and flanks (two areas). It was $1200 for each area. My total was $2200. Blood to check your liver function (about $100). A Spanks shirt (about $70). They gave me a compression vest. Most of the time, there is a three area minimum. Sometimes, there are special with no minimum. I was lucky to take advantage of a special. I only needed two areas.

This was totally worth doing. Great jump start to get me back into shape. No side effects. No loss of feeling Dr Coleman did a great job.

The Westlake Clinic is really a state-of-the-art monument for cosmetic procedures. Beautiful building.
Austin Dermatologic Surgeon

I had SmartLipo on my chest and "love handles"/flanks in Feb 2013. So glad I had Dr Coleman do this. Nice feeling not to be self-conscious anymore about being shirtless at the pool. Westlake Dermatology is a state of the art clinic. Dr Coleman does this procedure many times a week. The results are amazing. I am sure he is one of the most talented and experienced doctors doing this procedure in Austin. This is a huge jump start, that has given me the motivation to eat right, workout, and make important lifestyle changes. I did not experience: side effects, unexpected problems, or numbness. And, no bruising to speak of. The entry points healed fast. I showed a before photo to a experienced personal trainer at my gym. The trainer recently told me he is recommending SmartLipo to some of his clients because of seeing my changes. I am in my early 50s, and SmartLipo can be a kind of life-changing procedure. It's now 6 months later and the skin has tightened into place giving the areas a more sculpted look. A number of friends now want to have it done. I give SmartLipo with Dr Coleman a big thumbs up.

Dear Jerry, it was a good decision to have it done: looks great.