Sculptra Worked with Additional Injections

Austin, TX: I have had great results with Sculptra...

Austin, TX: I have had great results with Sculptra. The key is to get a physician (MD) who knows what he/she is doing and has been trained to use Sculptra. Make sure you ask the physician if he/she has been trained to use Sculptra and how long they have been using it.

I have used Sculptra in my lower/upper cheeks, temples, and on the bone surrounding the eyes. Make sure your physician has been trained to use Sculptra around the eyes. I have used Sculptra for six sessions. I am going for my 7th session next week. The physician should give you a good discount after your 4th treatment. It's about $150 per injection and should go down to about $75 per injection after your 4th treatment. I usually get 4 to 7 injections per treatment.

Recommendation: I highly recommend massaging your face 3 times a day for the first 3 weeks after treatment and continue massaging your face thoroughly once a day for an additional 3 weeks. For a total of 6 weeks after treatment (a good time to do this is in the shower with aloe Vera gel).

Downside: Sculptra is not for someone looking for a quick fix. In my opinion, it takes at least 5 treatments to see good results. So, you have to be committed and have the money for the treatments. But, if you can commit to going once a month for 5 to 7 months, you will be very satisfied.

Follow-up: My physician recommends to come in once every 6 to 8 months to maintain results after the desired effect is achieved.

Westlake Dermatology

The physicians are experienced with Sculptra.