Latisse - Austin, TX

Made my blonde, nearly see-through lashes much...

Made my blonde, nearly see-through lashes much longer and perhaps a little thicker. I had recently had a face-lift and had my eyes done to where they look like they did 20 years ago and wanted to have the lashes I used to have 20 years ago. I checked w/ my ophthalmologist to make sure I had no eye pressure issues that would cause complications and either my ophthalmologist or the plastic surgeon was willing to write the prescription. I've been using it for 8 mos. and I like the results very much. When I first started using it, my eyelids next to my lashes felt "tight" but that has since gone away. My eyes are blue and there has been no color change. From what my plastic surgeon said, they've never had this happen to any of their patience but that it is a possibility if you actually pour the drops into your eye. My sister has glaucoma and has used eye drops with the same ingredient and it made her lashes very lush. She also has blue eyes and has been using drops for years and her eyes have not changed color.

Personique

Well, it's a little difficult to describe why I rated the Latisse as I did, but my experience with my surgeon was a contributing factor in why I tried the Latisse. He actually did not even suggest it, but one of the staff had beautiful lashes and that's when the subject of Latisse surfaced. If you choose a plastic surgeon, you want one to which you will trust your life. Check credentials, publications, ask how many s/he has performed of whatever procedures you're considering. I first went to this surgeon over 20 years ago for a tummy tuck and was so impressed that when I considered other procedures, he was the first person I considered. One flat rate that covers the OR surgical center (his own and much more sanitary than a hospital), his fee, and staff/anesthesiologist fees, all supplies, and all follow -ups regardless of how many or often. As I'm sitting in my 'jammies', I am not prepared at this moment to send photos but can perhaps do so at a later time. Even though this is entirely related to Latisse, I do have before and after photos of the face-lift. I searched the internet, far and wide, and could find no interim pictures between surgery and up to 6 mos. after so I asked my husband to take daily pictures of me so others would know what to expect.