Happy with Facial Fat Transfer - Austin, TX

I was concerned that the deep hollows under my...

I was concerned that the deep hollows under my eyes made me look tired, and no matter how much concealer I used, the dark circles were always there. I just wanted to have an overall improvement in my face. I researched the different options and decided on fat transfer. I am very pleased with the results. It is a very natural look and I do not regret it one bit.

I had a facial fat transfer in December of 2013. It is now four months later and I am very pleased with the results. The improvements to my face have surpassed what I expected. My main concern were the hollows under my eyes. These were improved, as well as my jawline, cheeks, forehead, and even the area around my lips. The effect is subtle, and very natural. I just look refreshed and healthy. I also have been told that it took years off of my face. My skin has improved as well.

added photos

I decided to go ahead and add some photos. I wore no make-up on purpose for both photos because I wanted to see the real results. I was shy about posting these.

received many compliments

I had the opportunity to see several family members that I have not seen in years, as we had a wedding to celebrate. I got so many compliments! Two of my sisters want to have the same thing done.
Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

I researched like crazy before deciding to have this done. Needless to say, I was a bit nervous. I am so happy that I made the leap and placed my trust in Dr. Buckingham. He listened to my concerns and answered my questions very thoroughly. He and his staff have been very kind, caring, competent, and understanding. The whole experience was pretty amazing!

Very nice outcome :) I am interested in this vs fillers. Thanks for the pictures!
You needn't be shy. He did a great job. You look refreshed and natural!
Thanks. Some days I feel better about it than others, truth be told.
Thanks! Some days I feel better about it than others, truth be told.
Hi Joan, Great results. Is the fat still holding?
Thanks. The fat is still holding. Now I want to get a facelift. I had originally wanted to get both at once, but chickened out. My doctor used a pretty conservative approach with the fat, which I like because it is better to go back and add more rather than be over-filled. I may ask him to do a touch up when I get the lift.
Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your experience with us!

I'm so glad everything went well for you and you got the results you were hoping for. How was the recovery period, did you have much pain and downtime?

We'd love to see a before/after photo, if you have any you feel comfortable sharing.
The recovery was not as bad as I expected it to be. Pain was really minimal. I think the hardest part was looking at myself in the mirror and wondering if I made a mistake. It took about a month before I finally felt comfortable.