Anonymous in TX - Austin, TX

I've been in treatment since September. It's been...

I've been in treatment since September. It's been both more frustrating and less frustrating than I thought it would be in different ways. It's definitely less frustrating than wires, but can be hard to keep them in 22 hours a day, especially when eating with family. Fresh trays can also be hard to get out, especially with engagers. The great thing though is being able to eat whatever I want. They're pretty easy to snap on.

I've never had ortho before, so I didn't have much to compare the treatment to... One of the things I love is the new way they're cutting the trays (they are cut a bit higher now). Before as they would become loose they would rub against my gum line. They're not anymore since the change which I love.

I'm set to be in treatment for about a year to a year in a half, and I'm already noticing a difference. So far it's definitely worth it. I'm set to have crowns placed after treatment, and I'm excited to get what I need from orthodontia from this prior to getting the other cosmetic work done.

Question: I just received my phase 0. The seem to go over the gum a great more than the other company. Almost a straight ling across covering a lot of gum as opposed to be cut around the teeth. Is that normal? I'm afraid it going to damage gum line. What is you experience like & aligners?
Welcome to RealSelf, and thanks for starting your story here!  I hope you'll update us on your progress periodically. :)

I wanted to say, make sure that when you get your crowns, that you bring your retainer with you.  The dentist will need the trays in order to make sure the mold they send to the lab will fit your retainer.  Also, when they put the crowns on, they still may not fit into your retainer.  So the doctor may be able to reshape the crowns so they fit, but they may also not.  Find out whether your orthodontist will refit you for a new retainer if the crowns don't fit, and whether that's included in the cost of your current Clear Correct treatment.

Best of luck!
Dr. Kevin Rhodes

Dr Rhodes is fantastic!! If a friend or family member needed treatment I would definitely recommend him. He was actually very helpful when I accidentally threw away one of my trays, and got me a carrying case so I wouldn't lose another one.