WHY Did I Wait So Long? - Austin, TX

I am 42 yrs old, 5 ft tall, approx. 180 lbs. Now,...

I am 42 yrs old, 5 ft tall, approx. 180 lbs. Now, it's obvious I'm not a small woman (weight that is). But for as long as I can remember, and from puberty on, I'd been teased and felt self conscious about my large breasts. My weight was always around 135 lbs until I began taking anti-seizure meds (had epilepsy most of my life, took 12 pills per day) and working 12 hr days/traveling as a global marketing mgr with a high tech company. Five years ago, I visited another local plastic surgeon regarding a reduction since I knew there weren't anymore children in my future and being in a position where I presented to people quite a bit (especially men), I'd had it. He spent a total of 15 minutes with me, basically told me I was obese and to lose weight THEN come back if I still wanted the reduction! I was so upset, I had completely given up the idea. UNTIL, I went to my OBGYN this year for an annual. I quit my corp job 4 yrs ago to get my health back. In the last 4 years I've had brain surgery (no more meds or seizures!), carpal tunnel surgery (healed!), sinus surgery (no more blocked sinuses or allergies!), and was on my way to a new 'me'. Thus brings me to THIS year. At my OBGYN visit, I complained once again about my large breasts (mind you, I was a 38 'G'). He gave me the name of a surgeon near my home, Dr. M. Scott Haydon. Within 2 days, I was at his office for a consult. I immediately felt comfortable with his staff. They were very helpful in answering any concerns and, as with most people, put me at ease regarding the what if's of insurance vs out of pocket. I was told it may take 4-6 weeks to hear back from insurance and to not get hopes up. Well, guess what? Less than 1 week later, they heard from insurance. I was approved! No further action required. I cried when I received their call. Dr. Haydon's team immediately took the bull by the horns, looked into what I'd pay for a deductible, and scheduled me one week later for surgery. We discussed, size, wants/needs, and recovery (which btw, I will warn you. Brain surgery was difficult to recover from, this a reduction DOES HURT afterwards. One month later and I'm still sore and recovering). However, it was so worth every minute! I went to try on bras, and for once I could go to a 'normal' store. I am now a regular 'C'. He took 987 cc's from left side and approx. 890 cc's from right side! Folks, that's almost 6 lbs in breasts! I look and feel unbelievable. Sure, you'll have some scars, scabs, stitches, tape, glue, you name it. But it will fade. My only concern is that the shame I felt having such large breasts will stick with me and not fade. I am extremely happy with Dr. Haydon and staff. His work is exemplary. He was very kind, not rushed, and addressed all concerns. I urge you...don't wait so long like I did!
Austin Plastic Surgeon

I agree! I'm feeling much better and healing well. I went to buy new bras yesterday for the first time since surgery. I could hardly believe it when I walked out of Soma with 38 C's!!! Yippee!
Congrats ! Its been 8 months since my reduction .(40 G) It's totally worth the pain .