Mastectomy to 'Normal' - Austin, TX

When I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer, I decided...

When I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer, I decided on a Double Mastectomy and then reconstruction using expanders and then replacing them with Silicon. After interviewing numerous plastic surgeons in town, I decided on Dr. Haydon. And I'm glad I did. His office promptly set up the surgery for me, even though it was close to Christmas. After the surgery, Dr. Haydon came to visit me over the weekend in the hospital to see how I was doing. Then over the course of a few months I would go into the office to get "expanded". I loved how friendly all the staff were and how attentive Dr. Haydon was to me. Wanda, his nurse, is amazing too. I had my final reconstruction (to switch to silicon) in August 2012 and everything went great. If you didn't know that I had a mastectomy you'd think my breasts were 100% natural (except that they are nice and firm now).

Austin Plastic Surgeon

He was referred by my gynaecologist as well as online through some Breast Cancer Forums. If you are thinking of using Dr. Haydon, my experience is that he loves what he does, is a perfectionist when it comes to his work, so I highly recommend him. His entire staff are also great to deal with.