5 days out- Austin, TX

After lots of research (aka stalking) on this site...

After lots of research (aka stalking) on this site I have finally decided to write my own profile. I am a mother of two grown children and soon to be a Grammy to 5 beautiful grandbabies. I am 44 yrs. 5' 138 lbs. All my life I have been blessed with nice curves on the lower half, my friends call it my ghetto booty. However, I have always been lacking in the breast department.

All the women in my family are blessed with large breast. We used to tease our Mom that she saved it all for our little sister. Lets just say Lil Sister (10 yrs younger) started developing in elementary and well she quickly left me in the dust.

I have never really given much thought to a BA until the last few years. I never thought I would even consider it nor could I have afforded it before. Choices I made early on in life effected my self esteem. I suffered with low self esteem for majority of my life. I reached a point where I knew I needed to take my life back and make something of myself for my children' sake. I did just that!! Now I am doing this for ME. I have always done for others and well it is time for something only I can do for myself. My motivation is that I would like to feel confident and sexy in my clothes.

My boyfriend, is super supportive!! Lets just say he was on board from the start, lol. He picked out his size right away( he is paying for half so I told him he could choose the size for one of them, lol) I on the other hand have had such a hard time choosing.
The PS I choose came highly recommended by a good friend who is a nurse. He also did her BA over 13 yrs ago and they still look great. At my initial consult he and his staff spent at least 2 hrs with us. I came in with lots of questions ( that I learned from this site) and left with each and every one of them answered. I had my pre op on Feb 14. I provided him with photos ( 3 women from here... thanks ladies) as my reference photos.

My surgery date is Tuesday March 5 at 8 a.m. I would like to end up being 36 D ish.
As "The Day" gets closer my nerves are on the craziest rollercoaster ride!! One day I am calm then the next my head is filled with concerns and doubt. When doubt comes around I log in here and fell reassured that what I am doing is right for me. Lucky for me I am throwing my BFF a surprise party for her BDay this weekend, that should keep my mind of it at least until Monday.

I will post before and after pics soon.

I am excited to share my journey with others who are considering a BA. Thanks again for all the information, knowledge and support!! Please feel free to ask any questions I will do my best to respond.

My, how the time has flown by!! My girls arrive...

My, how the time has flown by!! My girls arrive tomorrow. My busy weekend was enough to keep my mind off of things but now that I am home and offically off work ugh!! My nerves and excitment levels are going through the roof!! Let the countdown offically begin. I will post updates and pic tomorrow.

Ok ladies I had my follow up this morning. Dr said...

Ok ladies I had my follow up this morning. Dr said everything looks great and healing well. He also gave instructions to start massages... That was not fun thank goodness for great pain meds!! My next follow up is Monday morning. Hopefully the drainage pumps will be able to come out then. I'm loving the new TaTas!! I got 421 cc moderate profiles. I hope they don't go down to much.

Sorry I haven't posted much but I have been...

Sorry I haven't posted much but I have been resting the meds keep me rather sleepy. My BF is making sure I rest and medicate as directed. Poor thing he hasn't gotten much sleep. All in all I would have to say Im having a great recovery. My PS put in drains to help with the fluids, on day 3 we had to go in to have it checked due to the left one not draining like the rt. We think the issue was the stitch used to hold the drainline had slipped down blocking off the drain. It has started draining better but still not as much as the right. I have a follow up tomorrow and hopefully they will come out then. The other complication is #2...lol yeah I know it not something we all normally talk about but ladies please make sure you take all measures possible to make sure you stay regular. I feel like my stomach is trying to grow to match my new TATAs lol.
I remember thinking on the ride home that "boy they dont look big at all". hahaha was I wrong. I love them!!!! I know they are still swollen and will probably go down some but that will be ok. I am trying to keep ice packs on them as much as possible, rotating it top, Lf side, rt side, top. I am trying to eat healthy and drinking lots of water.

I want to add that the day of surgery was a breeze other than my nerves. LOL I didn't sleep much the night before and had to be at the surgery center by 6:30. Surgery was at 8. the nurses were awesome. I am ususally a hard stick for IV's but Lorretta was able to get it in rather quick and easy. Everyone was kind reassured me that I would love the work of my PS. I remember them wheeling me into the back and us talking about how cold the room was, and well lights out after that. lol I remember waking up in recovery wondering if it was done yet lol. when I looked down it didn't seem much different lol. I was offered crackers and sprite. By 11 we were on our way home. the nurse told my BF that I asked if I could rest a little longer.. lol I dont remember that. The ride home was fine until we hit the roughest road in Travis county... the last leg of the trip home. I thought I was going to come unglued!! I made sure I was medicated before we went to the follow up the next am. the ride wasn't so bad. I am hoping all goes well tomorrow at my follow up.

I have a few questions: has anyone else felt like "fluttering" in your breast? Not sure how to describe it. Any recommendations to help the swelling go down? I had lipo done as to elemenate the fat pocket near the armpit and I think that is what is causing most of the swelling. What sports bra do you recommend and where do I get it from? any and all info would be helpful.

I am so excited to finally be on the other side of boobyland!!! I cant wait to go shopping.
I will be adding pictures shortly. I have to get them off the camera and on to the computer.
Austin Plastic Surgeon

I was referred to Dr. Moscoe by a friend who is a nurse and former patient. Joy and Leiloni, the office staff, are a pleasure to interact with. They were willing to answer all questions. I highly recommed Dr. Moscoe and his staff to anyone in need of a PS.