30 Years Old & Finally Getting BOOBS! I'm Terrified and Would Love Support & Advice! - Austin, TX

Hello! I'm planning to have a breast augmentation...

Hello! I'm planning to have a breast augmentation within the next month. I've been thinking about it for 10 years and finally decided that it's the right choice for me. I'm small in frame- 5' 1", 105lbs, and have a very narrow torso. I'm worried about picking the wrong size for my body. I really don't want my larger breasts to make my whole body look larger.

Also, I discovered at a consultation yesterday that my breasts are more asymmetrical than average. Plus my chest muscles stick out more on my left side than my right. I guess I never really noticed because I hardly ever look at my breasts. I've always been a little embarrassed of them and just covered them up. Now that I'm examining their every detail, I'm very concerned that my asymmetry will be much more obvious once I get the augmentation. Does anyone have input on asymmetrical breasts and sizes for small framed people? Any advice for someone super nervous about the procedure and making the right decisions would be super helpful. Thanks!!

11 days post-op, feeling pretty good but still lots of discomfort/pain!!

Hello all! I intended on posting throughout my journey, but the decision to get implants and the surgery happened lightening speed, thanks to a last minute opening at my PS's office. I went in for augmentation March 6th. My PS used 325cc on my left and 350cc on my right, under the muscle, moderate plus profile.

I had to go in for emergency surgery to fix a hematoma in my left breast on March 7th. Ugh, what an awful experience. I knew my swelling was significant on the left side but I didn't actually realize that it was SO abnormal. The 2nd surgery set back my recovery a bit, but I'm happy it was fixed, and I believe the damage was most likely my fault rather than anything to do with PS, because I was fine until several hours after surgery. Regardless, my PS did a great job taking care of the issue and now my left breast is healing faster than my right!

My right breast implant feels pretty tight when I move it (as instructed by my PS)- it feels like there's some fluid/blood in there that I'm hoping my body will absorb....eventually. My bruising is TERRIBLE- do other people have bruising like this?? When do people usually start feeling like they have normal breasts? I'm getting impatient, though I know I have a long road ahead of me. Thanks for all your input!!!

Did your PS tell you what caused your hematoma? You said you thought it was your fault but you didn't do anything to create it, right?
I don't think it's easy to diagnose the exact cause of a hematoma. My PS has less than a 1% rate of them, and apparently they are very uncommon all around. I was ok when I left surgery and woke up at 4am in excruciating pain. I don't know of anything in particular I did, but I was so numb that I may have moved the wrong way or sat up and pulled something. It's also possible that the PS didn't make sure all the bleeding had stopped before finishing the surgery. Regardless, I was in an unfamiliar bed and I think it was possibly something I did to pull the muscle. It was in my left breast and I'm left-handed, so it's likely I tried to use that arm too aggressively. I'm giving my PS the benefit of the doubt that it was my fault. He didn't charge for the second surgery, though I did have to pay more hospital fees. That breast is healing perfectly now, better than my right!
Oh wow. Thanks for sharing that info with us. You are right, hematomas are not very common and most of us know the risks and are guilty of doing too much too soon and yet do not develop them.
Oh wow is there anything you can do to prevent hematoma? I'm very pale and bruise super easy so I know I will be getting some.. but I bought the Arnica cream and pills. fingers crossed it works!
Sometimes hematomas happen. Sometimes the surgeon doesn't stop all the bleeding correctly before stitching you up, sometimes you pull something after surgery and damage the blood vessels. Just have a good PS with a great reputation and be VERY careful to not lift or move anything after surgery.
Sorry to hear about your second surgery :( I have seen some girls post bad bruising I myself have not experienced it.. Happy healing get better
Good luck to you! I know this is a tough decision. I would trust your gut and really ask as many questions as you possibly can to your doctor. Also, look at plenty of before and after pictures online to make sure you are getting the results you desire. This is a very exciting journey, but also a scary one! Keep us posted!
Check out my profile. I am 5'2 and 105 lbs and got 225cc HP silicone over the muscle and love them. Even though I ended up a 32D, it's still a small D for my frame. I had large chest muscles and droopiness and thin breast tissue, so my PS recommended silicone overs. Do not think that a small D will make you look like you've gained weight. They fill out your clothing in a beautiful way and are perfect naked!!! It's worth every penny. (By the way, I asked for a large B or small C, but I am grateful I got what I got, every single day.). What size are you considering?
Thanks for the advice- I check out your profile and you're a great size. My ribcage is only 28" around so I'm thinking probably around 200cc. I'd love to be a small C cup or so. I started looking up celeb pics for references- maybe something between Rachel Bilson and Kirsten Dunst's sizes. Bilson is basically the same build as me.
Your physician needs to make the decisions based on very detailed measurements of your breasts and chest. There shouldn't be much pressure on you to decide what to get...you should be offered only a couple of choices that would fit properly anyway, given the base diameter of each breast, how much tissue you already have, how many centimeters between the breasts, how many centimeters to each nipple from the collarbone, how many centimeters from nipple to crease, etc. It is mostly about mathematics, with some choices for fine-tuning. Measurements even determine mod plus, high, or ultra-high profile, as well as the cc's appropriate on each side. So you don't have to be terrified - you can't really choose something unrealistic for your body if your consultation and pre-op measurements are done properly.
I have some asymmetry as well and I'm getting saline implants. With saline your PS can fill at different cc's to make up the size difference between breasts.