I Just Got Botox for the First Time Today! - Austin, TX

I'm 24, but I have a very expressive face. Thus, I...

I'm 24, but I have a very expressive face. Thus, I am already seeing the fine lines settling in, especially the horizontal lines across the forehead.

The procedure was quick. It took maybe ten minutes. There was mild discomfort with the injections. Nothing to write home about. My forehead did look like I had been stung by a swarm of tiny bees, but this went down within a couple of hours.

I can already see remarkable results. The forehead looks smoother and the lines are much less noticeable. It's strange because most people say that it takes 3-4 days to take effect, but I can just barely wrinkle my brow less than 12 hrs later. I still have mobility in the eyebrows, but the majority of the forehead is already paralyzed. It does feel a bit heavy and strange.

I'll update as time progresses.

Its been ten days now and I love the results. I...

Its been ten days now and I love the results. I evened out the eyebrows with some very minor plucking. I'm pretty sure that the asymmetry was preexisting. I do still have the same mobility in the outer corners of the eyebrows. This is great as my face doesn't appear frozen. However, if I do raise my eyebrows, I appear vaguely sarcastic... but that's cool with me.

All in all, I am very pleased.

P.S. It looks so natural that even my boyfriend who is against any kind of modification (yes, even dyeing hair) has NO IDEA. I just look "more relaxed".
Dr. Kerr

Just think about this:You get your face looking yogenur with surgery you still have saggy arms, legs, buttocks, belly, your walk is slower as well as your thinking, etc.What do you do about that ??? Leave your body alone develop a sense of humor, exercise, eat the right foods, think positive have a stronger faith, do for others, thank GOD for all of your blessings I bet doing all these, your personality will shine and more people will want to be with you GO FOR IT !!! I am rooting for you Blessings Elizabeth W.

I appreciate what you are saying, but it seems you are making an assumption that the face is the only thing valued by someone who does Botox. For me, and I believe the majority of others, that is not accurate, and its an unfortunate stereotype to continue to perpetuate.

That is great that you are liking the results! Do you feel a bit of tightness in the areas you had it done? I've noticed that feeling myself and have read other community members discuss it as well.

Day 2: Same amount of mobility today. It is limited to the eyebrows only. The remainder is immobile and looks great. The wrinkles are gone!

However, my right eyelid feels funky and I do notice a bit of lowering in that eyebrow. I e-mailed the Dr. office and will keep ya'll updated.

I do wish I had taken before pictures.

Wow, that is surprising to hear you are seeing results after just 12 hours! Looking forward to your updates!!