Tired of my Tired-looking Under Eyes - Austin, TX

I've been reading reviews of procedures on real...

I've been reading reviews of procedures on real self for years but finally decided to join so I could share my experience and pics. I'm 37 and I think my skin looks pretty good overall, people seem to be surprised by my age and think I'm younger. But the one thing that has always bothered me are the dark circles and puffy bags under my eyes, and of course it's only gotten worse the past couple of years. I was thinking of a lower bleph until I heard about tear trough fillers. I didn't want to go to just anyone for this, obviously, so I chose Dr. Gordon, a plastic surgeon at Restora in Austin. She said she prefers belotero over restylane for tear troughs, and she likes to do a little radiesse in the top of the cheeks for a smooth transition. This is my first time doing any kind of filler, I do Botox in the glabella and forehead and have been doing that for about a year with excellent results. Anyway, so I got the filler last Tues 4/8. Today is Sunday. She started on the right side and really went town on that side. The left was actually the worse side in terms of bags but whatever. She moved on to the left eye and then finished up and said we only needed one syringe of the beletero. When I looked at the results I told her it looked like we needed more on the left. She took another look, agreed, and we used some of the second syringe. One syringe of radiesse was used for both cheeks. Immediately I could tell the right eye looked super puffy compared to the left. I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening icing both eyes and using arnica cream and tablets, and I've continued doing the arnica up through today. Right eye really doesn't look much better. I'm posting pics of the progression each day, with and without makeup. Unfortunately the lighting is a bit different in each pic, so it's hard to tell. The left eye is looking pretty great, especially with makeup, but there is definitely one little spot that needs to be touched up. The right eye looks awful, very puffy and a deep bruise. I go back on 4/30 for a touch-up. Will continue to update progress and pics!

Day 7

Right eye still very puffy and bruised. Left eye pretty good but will def need a touch up. Looks much better in pics than in person.

5 weeks later and...

It still doesn't look good. Still have swelling and weird discoloration under right eye, and the left eye really doesn't look much different than it did before the filler :( I postponed my follow up appt for next week but I don't want a touch up as I will never get injections in the tear troughs again!
Austin Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Gordon has an amazing bedside manner and I definitely would go to her for another procedure, just not sure about the filler yet.

I had belatero injection , 1 syringe for both sides of tear troughs. Dr initially estimated I needed 1 syringe for each side, but I told him I wanted him to be very conservative. Thank god I only got 1 syringe. Like Autinesty, they don't look even and my left side is a little swollen. My eyes felt really dry and heavy first day. Dr said to sort of knead it, but I think I am bruising it further and making it puffy, although I have no bruise by appearance. But it hurts when I rub. By second day, my eyes weren't dry. Puffiness still there. Day 3- still little swollen but not as bad. Glad I didn't get 2 syringes; adding later is easier than regretting having too much done the first time, I think.
I think you troughs look great. When the swelling and bruising subsides it should look totally perfect.
I just want to share, I had awful bags under my eyes and am extremely weary of cosmetic surgery. But it got so bad I hated looking at myself. I paid $1900 May 2006 and had a lower Blepharoplasty done. The results were amazing. Took ten years off of my appearance. No more bags!! No more people asking me if I ever slept or if I did drugs. It has been 8 years and is slowly starting to come back. (Fat pads are hereditary and will come back eventually.) I will do the procedure again in a hearty beat. It was 45 minutes, and was the best choice I ever made. If you would like pics, email me. ***@yahoo.com :)
Thanks for sharing your experience on RealSelf.  Is the puffiness still going on or has it settled?  Keep us posted on your touch up appointment :)
Still puffy and bruised but slowly getting better! Will post another update and pics soon.
Sounds good, looking forward to your updates.
Have the puffy and bags subsided ??