Tumescent Liposuction Hurt Like HELL - Austin, TX

I just got home from having the procedure done. I...

I just got home from having the procedure done. I have to tell you I had some anxiety about it before hand and was concerned w/ mostly the outcome and the after pain as i kept reading there was no pain during the procedure. LIES...during the first part of the procedure I whilst "injecting" the solution to deaden, it was the most excruciating pain I've ever been through and I've given birth to two children NATURALLY. It was like undergoing surgery awake and feeling every bit of it. The next two phases, the laser and the suction were more comfortable w/ occassions sensations of pinching and burning.

This is not what I was expecting at all. I cried through the first half and traumatized for the rest of it. I have one more area they didn't do that I'm suppose to go back for that I will not be doing. There is no way in this world I would do this again. Maybe my pain tolerance is lower than other people but that has not been the case previously but this was excruciating.

Is this normal? Because I cannot imagine voluntarily doing this with the knowledge of how painful it is.

And by the way...I weigh 125lbs and was only doing this because of stubborn fatty areas that refused to come off w/ diet without moving to the anorexic stage.

The Dr. was wonderfully kind and patient. But the procedure SUCKED

I was really surprised how painful the procedure was, especially the tumescent fluid as you said. When they tell you that it's a 'separating' feeling they don't mention that the 'separating' feeling hurts like hell! I'm so happy with my results, I think the pain was worth it but if I'd known what it was going to be like I'd of paid the extra and gone under general.
Uf you dont mund me asking who did your procedure? I am from austin and will get my stomach area done in 20 days!
I had my procedure done at Sono Bello. It was a really good price but then again..you get what you pay for. It would definitely be worth the extra dollars to go to someone who offered more sedation. The most painful part was the injecting of the tumescent fluid which is the numbing solution. I told the Dr. they needed a numbing procedure for their numbing procedure. It was the most unpleasant thing I've ever experienced to say the least. If your going to a Dr. that doesn't offer IV sedation, make sure you use the nitrous oxide to help relax you and start breathing it in BEFORE they start.
Glad I didn't see your review before I had the same procedure on my stomach!

For me, the initial injections were the most painful part, but not that bad and the anaesthetic soon kicked in. Once the doctor started to use the canulas to suck out the fluids/fat, he told me to let him know if I had any pain as there shouldn't be any. I felt some pain as he was working around my ribs, so he flushed with more anaesthetic fluid and that numbed the area.

These days, there's no reason why a patient should experience excrutiating pain, so I'm wondering if there was a problem with the procedure in your case.
I found the procedure to be less pain-free than I had come to believe it would be as well. My anxiety about it did not help. I did feel the procedure, but the doctor used all the lidocaine solution that he could safely to help lessen the sensations. I would definitely not say it was the worst pain of my life, but it was not the most pleasant, either. In fact, because I had so much sensation on my upper/lower abs, he added a fourth day to split up my back/flanks/hips, doing one side at a time rather than together, so he could use more of the numbing solution safely.

It's surgery. I did not go into it expecting it to be pleasant. I'm glad it's over now.

Are you at least pleased with your results?
I am pretty much at this point. Only two months in and still have some swelling and pain in the inner and outer thigh area but over all..glad I did it. I did have my upper arms done two weeks after the first one and it wasn't as bad. They gave me more pain meds prior to the procedure plus nitrous during and it helped to lessen the pain BUT I might add, the only reason I went through with the arms after the thighs was because I had already paid for it and there was no refund. All in all I'm pleased, but if I should ever decide to do this procedure again, I would go to someone that offers light IV sedation at least.