The Road Home... - Augusta, ME

I have three small children, all under the age of...

I have three small children, all under the age of 10. One day, and this is literally how it happened, I looked down and there I was 266 lbs. It crept up on me and like a thief in the night obesity stole my femininity, health and joy. I always thought I could get it under control, but in the end I just couldn't do it without help. I spoke to my doctor who referred me to the Dr. Trieu at the MaineGeneral Bariatric Program in Augusta, Maine. He suggested I undergo a vertical sleeve gastrectomy and the rest is history. The cons, what small inconveniences they may be, are so overshadowed by the pros I simply can't say a single negative thing about this procedure. I'm living again. Enough said.

I am considering the sleeve. I am 270 lbs, 39 yrs, 6' 5". how much did you lose, how long did it take? do you have any problems with loose skin?
How?? I mean am amazed...

Welcome to the community.  You look absolutely wonderful.  How long did it take for you to drop all of the weight?

Dr. Trieu

The entire MaineGeneral bariatric program was fantastic, from the office staff to my surgeon. It's quite comprehensive including nutritional visits, support groups, even sessions with a personal trainer. It really helped prepare me for the surgery and still provides great aftercare.