Treat Yourself!! - Augusta, GA

I had researched and wanted a tummy tuck sine 2004...

I had researched and wanted a tummy tuck sine 2004. I am 9 days post op and had my drains removed today!!!! I can honestly say that I am so very pleased with my results thus far. A couple of days after the surgery, I began to feel down and out because I had not put much thought into the actual recovery and being physically limited in my activities. I cried because I had to have help to do almost everything. My family was very supportive and helpful and I put my tears aside and reminded myself that I was doing something for ME ( not the children this time, but ME)! Nine days later, it was so very worth it!!! I am up and moving and drove myself to the doctor today!!! I will return to work on 4/8/13 on light duty. I am still walking slightly hunched over which puts lots of strain on my lower back muscles. I borrowed a walker that has a seat on it and have used it since day one post op. IT HELPED TREMENDOUSLY! At the end of the day, I am very, very, very pleased with my experience thus far!!!!

I am just over two weeks post op!!! I returned to...

I am just over two weeks post op!!! I returned to work on "light duty" 4/8/13. My steri-strips are intact still. My navel seems to be healing quite nicely; although it is somewhat narrow in shape, similar to a coin slot. I don't really mind the shape, I am most happy that the excess skin is gone! Yes!!! I have found that I can barely get into my preoperative work clothes. My hips and backside seem to have expanded in opposition to my waistline changing! Maybe I am just swollen in those areas also.

5 weeks post-op TT! I have gone back to the gym...

5 weeks post-op TT! I have gone back to the gym and began cardio. So very excited that I finally did this!

11 Post and Loving It!!!!

Scar is coming along quite nicely. I happen to think my belly button is cute now!!! I remember when it looked like a coin slot. LOL!
Augusta Plastic Surgeon

I finally decided to have it done and I chose Dr. Ewart because my consultation experience was great. He has great bedside manner and actually listened to me. He did not appear rushed to finish the consult.

Looking good!!! Try using the Scaraway strips or bio oil on the scar. Works great!
Good for you on getting back to the gym, how are you finding it? I am 7 1/2 weeks post op now and as much as I want to go to the gym, light jogging, the swelling is really bad and my energy levels are low. Your pics look great! Smashing results!
I have slowly delved into the gym. The past two weeks, I have only gone 3 time a week. Treadmill and elliptical only. Knowing your body and realizing when enough is enough is KEY. this week, I am planning to do cardio 5 times weekly for the next two weeks. however, if I can not physically do it, I won't. But I MUST give it a try. Having the TT has limited my ability to lift weights at present, but I refuse to look at it negatively. I simply changed the routine. I will take this time recovering to drop a few pounds by focusing on cardio. Gaining mass will wait til fall. I make sure to take MVI daily and I try to consume more protein. But since the TT, when I am tired I am extremely tired. I drink an energy drink and try to keep moving. When your body is ready to go back to the gym and jog, it will let you know! Happy Healing!
You look great and your scar is low, take it easy and let your body heal. thanks for sharing.
Thank you and real self for supporting us all on our individual journey to the flat side!
Congrats Kat! Funny how we all pretty much experience the same things during recovery: pain, sadness, elation...I'm headed back to work this Friday. Take Care!
Congrats to you as well!!! I have never been so excited for myself and others at the same time. I am truly happy for us all!!!!
Thank you for your honesty! I am going on two weeks post op this wednesday and I have to say, I love my results but feeling down because I am still very limited. Some days I feel like superwoman and then next day I am achy and sore and bed ridden because I did too much. Hang in there, I hope you are able to manage being back at work!