18 Yo HW 370 - Augusta, GA

I was motivated by one of my friends who decided...

I was motivated by one of my friends who decided to have the gastrectomy at about 19 years old. I saw her results so it inspired me. I was scared at first and not committed and there were some mis-understandments. So I just thought i wasn't going to have surgery so I slacked off. When they called with the date I just got right in line there was no other choice and this has been one of the best decisions of my life!

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your journey with us.

It would be great if you could give us a little more detail about your experience - such as why you had the surgery, tips for getting good results, pros/cons, information on the recovery/pain/downtime and before & after photos.

As the community manager, I'm asked all the time to keep encouraging people to share more details, which is so helpful for others considering these procedures. So please accept this as a well-intentioned request from thousands.

Day of surgery photo

before surgery

almost 1 month out on this video

3 months post op

Hey everyone if you forgot or if this is the first time you've seen me I'm Lindsay and I'm a 18 year old vsger or sleever whatever you wanna call it from Georgia. I had my surgery on December 18th 2013 and I am rocking it. My highest weight was 370 and as of today I'm 331. Basically 40 pounds !! Being overweight so long I can't say wow i'm almost the size I was in high school.....I was 350-360 in high school and being so young I don't really remember how much I weighed. I just remember I was overweight and trying to do all these diets with my mother. We would go to WW meetings and it would work for maybe a month and then we would slack off and I just remember everyone saying she's getting so big. That's not a compliment. lol. I never really overate much or had emotional eating moments like some other people I do know. I just have arthritis and exercising was very difficult which hindered my weight loss. However, as of now I am going to the gym at least three times a week which is not hurting me much. Which I am very thankful for. A lot of bariatric patients don't exercise and I feel this is a vital part of this journey we are all facing. I didn't get a chance to exercise this week because of so much school work this semester. College! ughh! lol Anyway I didn't exercise and I haven't moved down at all this week. Maybe it's just my body is used to activity I have no clue . But EXERCISE! it's good for the heart and everything else . I also am trying to build some muscle because muscles more more fat than anything. I love you all and if you have any questions just ask ! & I'll just leave you with this short simple quote. If you want it, you gotta work for it.

Blaney

My doctor is very observant. He is very friendly and willing to listen and also concerned with my family.