27yrs Old- Rhinoplasty- Female POTTS POINT SYDNEY, AU

I am writing to give you insight to my experience...

I am writing to give you insight to my experience of my rhinoplasty experience I had almost a full year ago by Dr Simone Matousek at Potts Point Plastic Surgery.
I have suffered from a nose break which was undiagnosed when I was about 7 years old. I fell in a playground and I think my nose never fully recovered as my breathing was weird on my left nostril side and aesthetically it looked like it had a small hump on the ridge and a slight bulbous tip and uneven nostrils....I'm sure it wasn't horrendous to the normal person, but to me I always had a complex about my nose.
A friend referred me to Dr Simone Matousek and through a lot of consideration I worked up the confidence to finally do something about my biggest embarrassment in the middle of my face. From stepping foot in her office, I already felt extremely comfortable and confident in my initial consultation. I know that Dr Matousek has many qualifications in this field and her practice was of the highest quality.
She was very accommodating and realistic with her professional opinion of what she could do for my nose. She offered many different options and also was able to give me visual examples of what MY nose could look like.
I did not feel rushed or persuaded into anything as she actually did the opposite and allowed me sufficient time to truly decide if this procedure was for me.
Dr Simone referred me to Prof. Richard Harvey to complete the septoplasty and turbinate reduction. This was more of an ENT job as my septum was deviated and Dr Matousek suggested this would ensure the insides would allow for the best breathing outcome.
I went through with this procedure and I can say the first 4 days were uncomfortable to breathe but Dr Matousek was amazing in her care for me pre and post op. She ensured my post op care was of highest quality and she regularly checked my progress from day to day.
Slowly the pain and swelling subsided and my new nose was text book straight. My family and friends were amazed at how perfect it looked. It has been almost a year since my operation and I notice the swelling reduction has been great.
I definitely recommend this procedure to anyone who has confidence issues regarding their nose to Dr Matousek. Her practice runs at the private hospital - Hemsley House at Potts Point in Sydney. I also think being a female surgeon in comparison to a male means she knows exactly what suits a face and is able to offer the subtle yet feminine touch from relation.
I am also interested in breast augments further down the track and I would not settle for anyone else to do my procedure.
Huge thank you to her and her team of professionals at the practice! I am in love with my new nose and my new life because of it. The self confidence I feel from it is invaluable and I would like to share my utmost appreciation for changing my life!
Thank you for sharing on RealSelf! I'm so glad you're pleased with your experience and outcome. We'd love to see your before and after photos as they are so helpful to others looking into rhinoplasty. :)
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

My interaction with Dr Matousek was extremely professional yet she made me feel very comfortable and confident in choosing her to be my surgeon. See my review Above "I also think being a female surgeon in comparison to a male means she knows exactly what suits a face and is able to offer the subtle yet feminine touch from relation. " There are not many female surgeons in Sydney Australia, but now I know that from the few that are available, Dr Matousek has won my vote. I am extremely happy with my outcome anaesthetically and also I can breathe clearly now. I was also able to have a photo shoot in which I can pride myself on not needing any airbrushing to my pictures. After my Rhinoplasty I booked in for a Broadband Laser treatment on my face which rejuvenated my skin and left me looking flawless. I am extremely glad I have found Dr Matousek and she will remain the Dr I will see from now on.