No quick fixes-update of Smart Lipo MPX surgery (2 months later)

I had surgery exactly 8 days ago on my lower abs,...

I had surgery exactly 8 days ago on my lower abs, my flanks, and my double chin.

I did plenty of research and actually went to 5 different consultations before I decided on this doctor who claims he is the only one in Georgia that uses the Smart Lipo MPX.I had quotes from other doctors (twoof them are featured on this website), but the reason I decided to go with this particular doctor is his claim that he tightens up the skin with Thermage at the time he is doing the smartlipo procedure.Despite my weight,my body looks exceptionally good for someone my height, age, and weight. I advised the doctor that I wanted my "tire" to be gone to compliment the rest of my relatively flat stomach. Two of the other doctors had advised me that some loose skin might result after the surgery that might require revision. I appreciated their honesty, but I did not want to look good only in clothing. The doctor I decided on had pictures of women who were similar to myself in their build, and their "after" pictures were really amazing. Although his quote was the highest of all of them, his promise that the Smartlipo MPX leaves the skin tight was the deciding factor (I wanted it to be done right);On the paperwork, it said that those that are the most satisfied expect about a 50% improvement; I did not expect the surgery to make me skinny and I honestly thought that the negative reviews on this website were from people who were chronic complainers-not someone like myself who was making an informed choice.

The surgery took 4 hours, and the last hour was very difficult; At times it felt like someone was cutting me, but I was hesistant to tell him how painful it was because I wanted to "go the distance";I was so glad when the surgery was over, and anxious about my pooch being gone soon; The day or so afterwards, it was really painful to get up and down, but I could walk around with only minor discomfort;I expected to be sore for a few days, but what I didn't expect is what I saw when I took off my bandages; My stomach was big on top and the bottom with a flat part around the belly button area. My flanks had greatly improved and the area on my lower back looked better already, but my lower stomach looked awful and deformed!! I contacted my doctor that Monday and went in for a follow-up appointment; Its funny how different people can be once they get your money, but he stated that I expecting the "perfect stomach in a day", which could not be further from the truth; Of course I signed a consent form stating that I understood all the risks that could occur, but did I think my stomach would look much worse intially..no I did not.

Now, eight days later, I am still trying to remain hopeful (especially since reading that swelling is normal for most); My lower stomach feels looks just as big, but now its getting hard and my stretch marks are way more noticiable; I have walked on the treadmill everyday since my follow-up appointment and my diet has consisted of only healthy meals (I have and will continue to follow the recommendations so that I dont end of blaming myself).I hope all turns out well, but right now I feel embarrassed that I am longing for the body I had before the operation. What really gets me is that I payed someone 6,000 dollars to do this to me. What do I do now? At what point will I know when additional measures are needed (I dont feel my doctor cares at this point now that he has his money and signed consent forms). Can someone who has had a similar experience give me some advice?

Overall I am pleased with the results; Pros: My...

Overall I am pleased with the results; Pros: My side profile looks amazing and my back has a "dip" that I did not have previously; For those who really just care about looking good in clothes then this is definitely the surgery for you; Cons-I will probably have to have a revision performed around October due to an area of fat located in my lower abs that is about the size of a deck of cards that kinda sticks out; Due to this area, I cannot say that I feel my surgery has been a sucess (my back looks amazing but my lower abs appeared smoother before the surgery)
Dr. Lou Cole

My doctor has made attempts to correct my concerns (I have had 4 treatments of ultrasonic therapy without paying an additional cost), but I saw no improvements from them; I was advised by my doctor that my tissue has to heal first before a revision can be considered so I am waiting patiently until October or November; I do not look forward at all to going through the process again, but I want my stomach to look right.

The pictures (except for the 1st two) are all post-operation not pre-operation pictures (sorry for the confusion); I updated my profile with pictures of the area that needs revision; When the area is covered, you are right, it looks great; I have discoloration and the area where I had surgery is not as smooth as before my surgery.
Your pictures look really good..I wish I looked as good as you do after the surgery..What is the compliant again because I see major improvement.

Good luck with your revision and thanks for the update, kimee. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :)

i had smart lipo Friday June 3rd and im still swollen

Hi kimee -- Sorry to hear about the experience you've had so far. You can definitely still be swollen after 8 days; sometimes it can take up to six months to see results (although 4-8 weeks is more average). So hang in there!

You may also want to stop by our liposuction forum, where you can chat with others who are going through recovery.

Good luck and please keep us updated.