SmartLipo Much More Traumatic Than Expected

I am 54 years old and work out regularly and watch...

I am 54 years old and work out regularly and watch what I eat but have never been able to lose the belly roll. I went to 4 doctors to check out Smartlipo and found the one who made me feel the most comfortable.

I had Smartlipo on my lower abdomen and flanks. I went to the doctor's at 8:30 and didn't leave until 6:00. My blood pressure dropped dramatically after the procedure, so it was a couple of hours before they were able to put the compression garments on which then caused tremendous swelling and bruising and a large hematoma developed.The drainage was also unbelievable, about 12 towels in the first 24 hours were saturated.

By the second day I was also in terrible pain. I also gained 10 pounds after the first 24 hours due to all the fluids injected to raise my blood pressure. It has now been 9 days later and I still have a good bit of pain but it is getting better. I can not get into any of my clothes since I am still extremely swollen and bruised.

I saw my doctor again today and he said it will all go away, but it may take up to 2 months. I am still trying to be optimistic and hoping it will work out. My doctor keeps telling this is not the norm and I was the first time it had happened to him in 6 years. At this point I feel the doctor is being honest and I will get the results that I wanted. right.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Yes the swelling and hard areas are totally gone and I will be doing more lipo in the fall on my outer thighs and possibly upper abdomen.

Great! Glad to hear it worked well for you. :)

hi are you happy with the results?
Dr. Louis Cole

I think this doctor is very knowledgeable, has performed Smartlipo over 500 times, and has a great "bedside manner" and that my case has been a very rare one. He was rated very highly in other people's reviews. I may change my mind later if I don't achieve the desired results.