Smart Lipo Post Babies - Atlanta, GA

I have my consultation scheduled tomorrow morning....

I have my consultation scheduled tomorrow morning. I did more research than I'll admit to in order to find just the right surgeon with the right experience at the best price. And I think I did! I'm pretty sure I want five areas done, lower abdomen, flanks, inner and outer thigh and banana roll (roll on upper leg right under butt). I'll see if the doctor thinks what I want is five different areas. I'm 5'2 130 lbs after having two babies really close together. They're 16 months apart! My pre baby number one weight was 110 lbs whereas my pre baby number 2 weight was 123 lbs. I'm running now and losing weight at a pretty steady pace so I'm hoping to be close to my pre baby number 2 weight by my procedure date which will hopefully be April 3rd. Even with the working out and losing weight I have pockets of fat in places I never did before and they are super resilient to boot. I'm curious to see how much skin tightening occurs, especially on my stomach, with the smart lipo laser. I'll be posting pictures through out my process. I can't say how much reviews and especially pictures helped me finally decide to have this procedure. So in order to return the favor my plan is to pay it forward so to speak and post my own reviews, pictures, and findings. I'm super excited about the whole process and can't wait to get started!

My consultation went well. I am having more areas...

My consultation went well. I am having more areas done then I thought I need for instance I went in thinking I wanted my lower abd and possible my upper but according the the doc I need upper, lower and waistline which means I'm paying more than I originally thought I would too. He'll do my hips with all that April 5! My inner and outer thighs will be a different procedure a week later. He told me he wanted to really be able to focus on smaller areas so he can take his time to be very particular and so I get numb everywhere and can have a good experience. I really liked Dr. Okoro and am so happy I decided to go with an actual plastic surgeon. There are many doctors in the area that use different advertising techniques to get people in the door but when it comes right down to it, it isn't the machine that will give you the results you want its the person you have chosen to man that machine. In my opinion only a plastic surgeon should be doing any kind of body contouring. So all in all I feel confident and excited about my procedure day! I'll post more after!!!

I'm almost a week post op abd/hips now and I'm...

I'm almost a week post op abd/hips now and I'm still really swollen and sore. The soreness is mostly like a sore muscle pain but every now and then its a stabbing sharp pain when I turn or bend the wrong way. I do have two kids under the age of two though so the pain isn't by any means incapacitating! My hips are the most sore and are still very numb whereas my abdomen is only sort of numb now. I'm posting pictures of before and updated after. I really need/want to see skin tightening and possibly stretch mark improvement so I've added an up close shot to compare to my after. My next procedure is Monday the 16th on my inner/outer thighs. Not really looking forward to the recovery now that I know what's involved but I am looking forward to the results! My experience during the procedure was good what I can remember of it. I was given two percocet, and two xanax before the procedure and I don't remember much after that! I'll update in another couple weeks.

Its been almost three months post and I'm very...

Its been almost three months post and I'm very happy with my results. I've had a smooth shapes session on all areas that were lipo-ed which was complementary. I'm still a little lumpy which you can see in the pictures but I do have stretch marks on my stomach that aren't going anywhere and I notice them more than anyone else does. My legs have had cellulite since I went through puberty so I'm not too upset with the slight lumps there. I did ask my plastic surgeon about the little lumps on my legs and stomach and he told me they are isolated areas of inflammation and will go away with time and healing. The one on my stomach has really gone down and is about gone and I do see my legs getting better every day. I have also lost right at 20lbs since my procedure as well. My hips are still a bit numb and prone to swelling if I don't where some kind of compression in a 24 hour period. My legs will swell and the lumps get a bit bigger if I skip my compression garment as well. The doctor said I need to continue to wear the garment on my legs as much as possible because the skin is thinner on my legs and continued inflammation can lead to permanent scar tissue. So I mostly wear my garment at night and on cooler days. Not a bad trade I say!
Dr. Okoro

Dr. Okoro is amazing! He called to check on me after my surgery. He has a great bedside manner and he does great work!

wow!! your results look AMAZING i just had my smart lipo done yesterday on my upper and lower abdomen, waist and hips and i am praying i have results like yours!!
Hi Pheona, did Dr. Okoro use the IV sedation, and if so, how did it make you feel during procedure? I'm having smart lipo with Dr. Okoro in Oct, he did my breast reduction 10 months ago, he was awesome!!!!!! Now it's time for smart lipo, I'm very nervous
No he just gave me some pills to make me drowsy and he numb the areas as he went along I didn't feel anything the whole time!!
how are you coming along? is your belly smooth?
No its not. :( I am hoping it will continue to get better because it has since procedure day but I still have unevenness around my belly button where there is a larger deposit of fat. Dr said smooth shapes would fix it but I don't want to spend another $1000 for the sessions of smooth shapes it would take to make it perfect. I also have loose/thin skin on my lower abd but I do have slight stretch marks there from pregnancy and I'm still only 6 months postpartum on top of being only a few months post procedure so I'm hopeful there too. I think it will get better but I don't think it will be like it was before babies but I'm ok with that.
Awwww really? I hope it evens out for you. Have you been getting massages? That's my only concern about doing the procedure :(
You look awesome.
What kind of diet {if your on one} are you doing? Looking great ma
My OB prescribed adipex so I've been taking that (on my last few now) which has really helped me make good food decisions in terms of portion control and fat/carb/sugar content, but the biggest benefit is the extra energy to work out when I get time to do so! I don't have the patience, time, or resources for actual diets. I'm just trying not to make bad decisions and that has worked out so far! Thanks!
Wow, your final results are amazing! Congrats!
awesome results!! Your thighs look great. Im at month one and are very happy. I can't wait to see how my thighs will be at 3 months. I hope mine will look like yours!!
how are you coming along?
I've updated my review with new pictures. I'm thrilled!
That's great! You look FAB!!!
what is everything that you got done
Mine still fit the same and I'm going on two weeks. Maybe that means your losing inches quick;)
I am only a week post procedure. I have a question. Did your gament seem to big after a week. Mine did. So i order an xs this one seems too tight
I have my Lipo April27 with Dr. Okoro I'm so pleased your experience went well
Congratulations! He'll take good care of you.
I'm so happy Chantilly that your experience was good. I have my lipo with Dr. Okoro April 27th. I can't wait, but still nervous
Well I'm only a week post op now so I have seven little incisions that have all healed up and seem like they'll disappear entirely. I had stretch marks on my hips that you can barely see now and like I said I'm early in the healing process so I'm optimistic! If you do decide to have some work done absolutely go see a plastic surgeon who's been trained in laser lipo. Do your research and you'll love your results! I do so far!
Do you have scarring from this? Are you doing your normal activity? I've thought about having this done!
Your doctor did a great job!!
Thanks! I have some questions about some bumps here and there but I know its early. One or two places I know I'm the only person who really notices the asymmetry but again that's probably swelling! He took great care of me and guarantees his work all the way to 3 years post so I'm not concerned about the possibility of being unhappy with my results at all!