Sciton ProFractional Laser is a Waste of Money Compared to CO2 Laser Peel

Nine years ago (at 43), I had a C02 laser peel....

Nine years ago (at 43), I had a C02 laser peel. The results were exceptional. It is amazing how this laser can remove deep wrinkles from the face and as a result leave youthful new skin!!! Down time was 10 days before back to work. My face was still red but it somewhat covered up with makeup. After a month my skin was close to normal color. Not only did it remove wrinkles it tightened up my skin.

After 9 years it was time to go again (I could have prologned the time with better skin care but was slack) I was talked into the ProFractional and was told that the down time much less (which it was) and the results were the same (that was not correct). It is all marketing hype!

In my opinion, after having already had the C02 laser, the ProFractional was a waste of my time and money!!! Do yourself a favor, take a little more time to heal and find a doctor that uses the traditional C02 laser. It is well worth the extra down time!!!

Although the CO2 laser is a very powerful treatment modality, the Sciton profractional option has some great advantages. The main difference is that, as the name implies, the profractional method treats a fraction of the skin rather than ablating everything in its path. It's similar to aerating your lawn (leaving columns of preserved tissue to repopulate the columns) vs. mowing everthing down to the base. In general, I'd recommend the fractionated treatment for most patients.
I like the idea of the fractionated for exactly the reasons the doctor states. I have known too many women who have gotten the CO2, and though their skin does appear perfect, it lacks looking natural, and there is no pinkness to the skin, which is how skin looks in its natural state. If I am in a room full of women, I can point to the women who have had a CO2 peel. And, at the gym, they are the ones whose face gets crimson after a good game of racquetball, and it stays that way for awhile!!
I couldn't agree more - NOTHING beats the tradition CO2 laser. This Profractional and all lasers like are a joke. CO2 gave me perfection - every line, scar and color variance were wiped out in one shot. I'm a mess after this Profractional. Just devastated from it. I have track marks every where, uneven skin - It's AWFUL!
I am booked to have a Sciton Laser peel but an ablative one not fractional. Doctor says he can do a CO2 peel on my face using the Sciton...I already felt that 4 days downtime would not be sufficient...I had a bluepeel 15 years ago and had downtime of 10 days but results were amazing. So, anything less than 10 days downtime I feel is not going to give me the dramatic results I seek. When you had your latest treatment was it explained it would be fractional and not completely ablative?
No they said it was!!!