Had Cool Sculpting 3/30/12 - Atlanta, GA

Hello I had cool sculpting done on 3/30/12 at my...

Hello I had cool sculpting done on 3/30/12 at my Primary Doctor's office. He had a demonstration and a rep from Zeltiq the week prior. They were offering 20% off if you signed up that night, and it came in at $960 with the discount. I had the largest one available for my ab (belly bottom area).

The below is my experience (I had my partner with me, for support, who will also be getting the procedure done next month): The first seven minutes were filled with an uncomfortable feeling.

I would not say painful, as someone who has a low tolerance for pain. :) It definitely is like a pinching sensation as the area is being sucked up. After about 2 minutes you feel it getting extremely cold. When you get to the 7 minute mark, you pretty much go numb.

I was talking with my partner, reading a magazine, and watching tv within the hour. I hit the button to call the doctor when the machine was done (there is a timer on it so you can see the countdown for the entire 60 minutes). When removed, the area that was treated was raised up and red. The doctor preceeded to take his hand and flatten out the area. I touched it for only a second as it was obviously extremely cold.

As I got up, it became more painful to the point where it felt like a defrosting of the skin. Pain was not unbearable, as I had a feeling in my mind that it would encompass some uncomfortableness/pain either at the beginning or end. It was very tender and sore, and I had more difficulty standing up. When I say down it felt better. After about 10 minutes that feeling of slight pain/uncomfortablness went away.

My partner and I actually went to a shopping outlet afterwards for about 4 hours. I was trying on clothes, bending, reaching, etc., and there was absolutely no pain, and just tenderness to the touch. Slept like a baby that night. It is now Day 2, and there is absolutely no pain and no "stinging" that some people have mentioned. It is still slightly tender to the touch, but not uncomfortable. Look forward to sharing results as the weeks go on, and hopefully still no side effects. Pictures to come.... All the best!

5 stars for doctor TBD for outcome

Be the first to comment...

Please join RealSelf or sign in.